Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric Advantage?

Hi everyone!

I am surfing online and came across Vitamins for those who have had bariatric surgery called Bariatric Advantage.

Has anyone tried this or ordered online before? I need to get on some sort of chewable Vitamin and my surgery is May 4th so I don't

have much time!

Thank you for your help! :)

i use those vitamins...vitaband...i got watermelon flavor...i hate the taste but i need them...i just chew and mix with water...they also came in very quickly!!

I have the Lemon Creme flavor...not the best tasting but it goes down easy enough.

Thanks for your inputs! The reviews I have read said they were one of the best tasting Vitamins out there...I guess it's not true! LOL I don't mind the taste if it's tolerable, but more so the Vitamin content. I think I will order one bottle and see how that goes.

I tried their Vitamins the one optimized for lap band. It was totally nasty I couldn't even swallow one.

i could not tolerate the chewable after taste, but I can tolerate their cyrstal Vitamin formula. you take it three times a day mixed with Water (which counts towards your water allotment). It is gritty, but I can tolerate that better than the after taste of the chewables.< /p>

My dr recommended flintstones complete, I take 2 a day, along with a viactive, and a sublingual b-6, folic acid, b-12 from trader joes. They all taste great, are cheap, and easily available.

I was told I could use 2 Flintstone Vitamins and that should give you all you need. I had my pre op appt. So I think thats what am going to use

I have never tried the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. I started with the flinstone gummies doc recommended but I found they did not stay fresh once opened. I switched to Vita fusion brands about a year ago and absolutely love the taste. I take their daily Gummy Multi-Vitamin, a couple Fiber gummies, calcium chews (taste like a dreamsicle) and also a couple of their Power C. All taste like candy and stay nice and soft.

My doctor recommended the Vita fusion calcium chews and the Centrum chewables. I absolutely love the Vita Fusion - they do indeed taste like candy - but the centrum made my tongue burn. I bought the Vitaband from BE in the berry flavor and they're ok. A tad bit chalky, but they don't burn my tongue like the centrum does. I also bought the chocolate Calcium chews and the berry fish oil chews and both are very yummy. I also take a sublingual B-12 in cherry flavor that I got from Puritan's Pride and that is delicious as well (I've been taking that one for a year before I even began my WLS journey). Anyway, since I liked the Vita Fusion I'm thinking of trying that multi for the next go-round.

My dr recommended flintstones complete, I take 2 a day, along with a viactive, and a sublingual b-6, folic acid, b-12 from trader joes. They all taste great, are cheap, and easily available.

Ditto! I take the same! :)

I have never tried the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. I started with the flinstone gummies doc recommended but I found they did not stay fresh once opened. I switched to Vita fusion brands about a year ago and absolutely love the taste. I take their daily Gummy Multi-Vitamin, a couple fiber gummies, calcium chews (taste like a dreamsicle) and also a couple of their Power C. All taste like candy and stay nice and soft.

Fiber gummies? I'm going to have to look for those! Thanks.

I'm also trying out different Vitamins, because I'm being banded May 6th. I tried the Bariatric Advantage, and it did taste pretty bad, but it had nutrients I thought were probably more specifically for bariatric patients than Flintstones, such as Vitamin E, which is supposed to be good for skin (and hopefully somewhat help with the excess skin problem). I also take a Gummy pre-natal vitamin, but I haven't found any gummy vitamins that include Iron. As I recall, the Flintstone Vitamins had more iron in them that Bariatric Advantage, so I think I'll probably end up taking one Bariatric Advantage and one Flintstone Vitamin daily.