Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calorie intakei have been burning about 700 cals a day for the last two weeks. im eating 1200 cals a day and have not lost. im wondering if i should b

i have been burning about 700 cals a day for the last two weeks. im eating 1200 cals a day and have not lost. im wondering if i should be eating a little more. what are your thoughts> thanks

Eat more. Body needs 600-700 calories to function.

1200 cals should get you pretty good nutrition and your resting metabolic rate is at least 1200 cals, so you have at least 3500 cal a week deficit. I agree that doing the math should put you at about one and a quarter-two pound loss, plus, but sometimes it takes a week for things to shift...try not to fret too much for a couple of weeks.

Mimi

I am sure you burn more than 700 calories a day. You probably burn that amount sleeping for eight hours. Do you mean you are burning when you exercise?

I am sure you burn more than 700 calories a day. You probably burn that amount sleeping for eight hours. Do you mean you are burning when you exercise?

yes burning during exercise.

i never really paid attention to calories i mostly focused on Protein. but now since i have started a new workout program im burning more cals but im not seeing any results.

What are you using to calculate your calorie burn? Machines such as treadmills and bikes are notoriously inaccurate. So are calculators like the ones at Livestrong.com. Not saying you aren't doing 700 worth of work, just wondering where you are getting your numbers.

maybe the gap between meals is too much.... then the body goes into starvation mode and we dont loose weight.

What are you using to calculate your calorie burn? Machines such as treadmills and bikes are notoriously inaccurate. So are calculators like the ones at Livestrong.com. Not saying you aren't doing 700 worth of work, just wondering where you are getting your numbers.

i have a polar heart monitor with the watch and chest strap, i dont go by the machines. and these last two weeks i have not been to the gym, i started turbo fire. so i will only be in the gym to weight train.

maybe the gap between meals is too much.... then the body goes into starvation mode and we dont loose weight.

i never thought about that. i have been only eating two meals with no snacking. i went to the various sites to see what my calorie intake should be and it averaged about 1900-2200 daily with my activity level. thats way to high but i know something is going on. im calling the dr ofc on monday but i just wanted to get some ideas on how others are eating.

thanks

Ok.. I'd trust the polar monitor a bit more than other ways of calculating what you burned.

I use one too and while my burn is lower than my friends who also use one, I think it's more accurate than other devices. Someday I want to get a fitbit or a bodymedia and compare them to the polar.

As regards food intake, I too try to stay around 1200 a day, but break mine into several small meals.

If you're only getting 2 meals a day, are you skipping Breakfast? Everyone I talk to says we need to eat within one or two hours of waking up to get our metabolism going. It doesn't have to be much. Most mornings I'm too busy to do anything other than a cup of yogurt or a RTD Muscle Milk light.

Then when I get home from the gym, I drink a Syntrax Protein drink (you could use another brand if you like). I like Syntrax cause they're fruit flavored, relatively low calorie (90 to 100) and 0 carb. 23 grams of Protein. I've started doing this on the recommend of trainers who say taking in protein after working out helps rebuild the muscles we just tore down by working out.

Then an hour or two after that, I have lunch. 4 hours later is dinner, but if I get hungry between lunch & dinner, I'll have a cheese stick or something.. so in effect, I really am eating about every 2 hours. I didn't realize this until I sat down and wrote it out for someone else. My weight loss is slow, but steady, if I stay on plan. Recently have had a few "not so good" choices.. but that's my fault. I might be ready for another small fill.

Hope your doctor can shed some light on your dilemma for you.

You might also find this helpful (or at least interesting). It's a book written by Dr. Simpson about losing the last 30 lbs in pdf form.

I think I need to print it out myself.

http://azlapband.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Last30_book_print2.pdf

you know what i dont eat Breakfast much...at all. i work out around 6:00am and usually dont eat until around 11:00 or so. i read something that stated you should try to eat soon after working out so i did do that this morning. i knew i needed to adjust a few things and i think these tips will help me alot.

thank you all for responding im going to start eating earlier even if its small and definitely drink proteion after my workouts. im working out harder than i ever have so i want the best results.

btw...congrats on your great loss