Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skechers Vs Reebok

Hello Fellow banders,

I have been wanting a pair of toneing shoes now for awhile, but I need some feed back first from people that have them. Which do you perfer Skechers (Shape- Ups) or Reebook (Easy Tones)?

Well... I have a pair of Rebock's and to be honest. I didn't even know it, thought they were just regular tennis shoes at first. So if they do something... it is unnoticable to me.

Well... I have a pair of Rebock's and to be honest. I didn't even know it, thought they were just regular tennis shoes at first. So if they do something... it is unnoticable to me.

reebok gave me a blister on the inside of my foot

last week bought the la gear walk n tone and i love them!

i like the cushion on the sides

doing 1st 5k sat!!t :rolleyes:

I think you just have to try them on and see which feel better for you. I have a pair of Reebok Easy Tone running shoes and I love them. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. I feel like I'm bouncing around in them. I have a friend here that said she tried a pair a couple of years ago and they cut into her big toe really bad so she couldn't wear them. I don't know if the running shoes are different or the same ones she had but I just got mine so they are the most current design. Good luck on your decision.

I have shape ups and it was a waste of money. I don't wear them. I feel like a giant cause they are so tall and I feel like a klutz wearing them. I keep checking out other brands but don't want to spend the money.

Hello Fellow banders,

I have been wanting a pair of toneing shoes now for awhile, but I need some feed back first from people that have them. Which do you perfer Skechers (Shape- Ups) or Reebook (Easy Tones)?

Watch the Shapeups. A friend of mine fell & broke her ankle in4 places

I have a pair of the Reebok and really like them. I couldn't tell you if they really work but I find them very comfortable.

I have the Reebox tone and they feel good but don't last long. I've asked my cardio trainer and she recommends the Reebox ZigZags which I've tried and they feel great also.

I have two pairs of Sketchers Shape-Ups. They are not that great looking, because I am taller (5'10) it's hard for me to wear high shoes like that without my pants looking like I'm waiting for a flood!

with that being said- I do wear them when I am at home cleaning, due to my feet hurting while being on the floor for about 3 hours a day. I wore them one day to Walmart...OMG my legs where KILLING ME!!! You can DEFINITELY feel the burn! However... at the same time, I am VERY clumsy, and have what my doctor described as 'weak ankles'. I have twisted and broke my ankle on a flat street. So.. I am VERY careful when I wear them, I would never feel okay wearing them while working out, due to the fact that I could very easily twist my ankle!

In my opinion... I think they are both over rated. I think that if you want to shape your butt up, or your legs... then do the exercise. A lot of people will wear them and feel like they are exercising, and not exercise. I knew a woman who would go to a place to eat and order a Diet Coke and then get a three course meal. She said she felt like she was on a Diet because she drank diet coke...stupid, i know. But, some people think like that!

i have the Easy tones...shape ups just look like frankensteins shoes to me...have i noticed a difference...nope, but i feel like every little bit helps, but you cant run in the easy tones, you have to get the run-tones ( i could totally just be making up that word lol)

good luck

I bought the shape ups and after 2days of walking in them ended up with severe hip pain (joint, not muscle). When I read up on them, I saw why. There are women with hip stress fractures because of wearing these suckers. Be very careful.

Last year I bought the Reebok toning shoes more for comfort over what they supposed can help do. While they were very comfortable, if I tried walking anywhere for a little distance I still had terrible foot pain. The little air cushions on the under side of the shoe I felt did not last very long. I started noticing that I was walking funny and looked on the bottom, half the air cushions were deflated. Instead of re-purchasing this pair I opted for the Sketchers Shape-ups (the black & pink ones are so cute!) and can honestly say I have never put a more comfortable shoe on! I was wearing these everyday and now 3 months later I have no more pain in my feet. I love the cushioning so much that I went to the sketchers store and purchase two more styles of shoes ( maryjane & sandels) in the shape-up line. Can't tell you it does all that much for toning/shaping but as far as comfort goes you will not be disappointed in the Sketchers!

I prefer the Ryka brand toning shoes. They are super comfortable and often go on sale at lady foot locker for around $50.00. My legs are really toned but I do use them all day, not just for walking.