Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going back to liquids to fix issues/lose weight?

I had my band done over two years ago and have lost 60 pounds. I have almost no Fluid in the band, as I kept having to get it removed as I gag constantly. I still regurgitate a lot, if I am not SUPER careful about how I chew. I must liquify the food, which I suppose I am should do as I chew anyway, but don't always. I also had a lot of complications and had to have all the fluid removed when I was at the peak of my weight loss. Even after it was filled again, loss was slow and I was sick a lot. I am unfortunately at a point where I will force myself to regurgitate because I am so uncomfortable. I don't want to do it, but I am so constantly sick from eating I haven't much choice. I am super sensitive to texture and dryness in food too, can't eat lettuce, most meat, and so forth. In order to eat a lot of things I have to coat it in mayo (mustard and ketchup give me heart burn) or ranch. I have been eating all the wrong foods (chocolate, chips, ice cream bars, etc.) because I know with those foods, I won't gag and puke.

Anyway, I have gained weight (I weigh 215 pounds) and am thinking of going back to a nearly liquid diet to let my band rest, shrink my pouch (I am sure it stretched) and begin anew. I am going to do liquids all day and eat a meal at night. It worked yesterday and I wasn't hungry.

Has anyone else done this?

I could eat a lot, but did have stuff come up if I ate too fast. No weight loss and could eat a lot. So went back to dr, had fluoroscope and diagnosed as esophageal dilation. I have to be on liquids for at least a week. I am using 6 star elite. Dissolves easy, tastes decent but has no added Vitamins. Cheaper at wal mart than some of theGNC brands and has 30 grams of Protein. If less dilation then can start sifts, but have to measure EVERYTHING for 2 months to learn portion size

I had my band done over two years ago and have lost 60 pounds. I have almost no Fluid in the band, as I kept having to get it removed as I gag constantly. I still regurgitate a lot, if I am not SUPER careful about how I chew. I must liquify the food, which I suppose I am should do as I chew anyway, but don't always. I also had a lot of complications and had to have all the Fluid removed when I was at the peak of my weight loss. Even after it was filled again, loss was slow and I was sick a lot. I am unfortunately at a point where I will force myself to regurgitate because I am so uncomfortable. I don't want to do it, but I am so constantly sick from eating I haven't much choice. I am super sensitive to texture and dryness in food too, can't eat lettuce, most meat, and so forth. In order to eat a lot of things I have to coat it in mayo (mustard and ketchup give me heart burn) or ranch. I have been eating all the wrong foods (chocolate, chips, ice cream bars, etc.) because I know with those foods, I won't gag and puke.

Anyway, I have gained weight (I weigh 215 pounds) and am thinking of going back to a nearly liquid diet to let my band rest, shrink my pouch (I am sure it stretched) and begin anew. I am going to do liquids all day and eat a meal at night. It worked yesterday and I wasn't hungry.

Why not speak to the doctors office and try to get this straightened out. Let them know all you are experiencing. The office i go to here in toronto is very conservative with fills. They never even told me what i had in my band. They only put a very little in at a time and are very thorough with their questions.

Why not speak to the doctors office and try to get this straightened out. Let them know all you are experiencing. The office i go to here in toronto is very conservative with fills. They never even told me what i had in my band. They only put a very little in at a time and are very thorough with their questions.

I have to pay $300 now when I got to the doctor for a fill, as I am well past my free period. I am really avoiding it if possible. I feel like they messed up originally with a fill, which is why I had so many problems to begin with. That was about 6 months in and I was losing a lot and doing great, and I have hardly lost any weight since that time. I went back and they filled me up just .25 at a time for a year, and all I ever did was regurgitate and gain. The problem had occurred when the fill nurse thought she filled me, but ended up taking the Fluid out, then not hitting the port. I was completely unfilled, and then when I got filled again, I started getting sick all the time.

I am glad to report that after 5 days of doing liquids for most of the day (Snacks here and there, but all low cal) I am down 6 lbs!!!

I have been eating a shake for Breakfast, a small snack, a shake for lunch, and a small dinner... cheese, Jello, and other small Snacks if needed. I am loading up on Special K Protein Water, and a 25 g Protein Water I got from my Dr.

My pouch has SHRUNK. Today we went out to lunch and I could only eat a half a slider, which is small to begin with.

I am not able to eat nearly as much as I could before!!!

Good for you! I'm glad things worked out.

I have to pay $300 now when I got to the doctor for a fill, as I am well past my free period. I am really avoiding it if possible. I feel like they messed up originally with a fill, which is why I had so many problems to begin with. That was about 6 months in and I was losing a lot and doing great, and I have hardly lost any weight since that time. I went back and they filled me up just .25 at a time for a year, and all I ever did was regurgitate and gain. The problem had occurred when the fill nurse thought she filled me, but ended up taking the Fluid out, then not hitting the port. I was completely unfilled, and then when I got filled again, I started getting sick all the time.

I am glad to report that after 5 days of doing liquids for most of the day (Snacks here and there, but all low cal) I am down 6 lbs!!!

I have been eating a shake for Breakfast, a small snack, a shake for lunch, and a small dinner... cheese, Jello, and other small Snacks if needed. I am loading up on Special K Protein Water, and a 25 g Protein Water I got from my Dr.

My pouch has SHRUNK. Today we went out to lunch and I could only eat a half a slider, which is small to begin with.

I am not able to eat nearly as much as I could before!!!

glad to see things have improved for you - great news! I guess we don't automatically get an email notice anymore when there is a new post in a thread that we have posted in. I better check my settings. anyway, so glad to hear things are better now!

:D

I had my band done over two years ago and have lost 60 pounds. I have almost no Fluid in the band, as I kept having to get it removed as I gag constantly. I still regurgitate a lot, if I am not SUPER careful about how I chew. I must liquify the food, which I suppose I am should do as I chew anyway, but don't always. I also had a lot of complications and had to have all the Fluid removed when I was at the peak of my weight loss. Even after it was filled again, loss was slow and I was sick a lot. I am unfortunately at a point where I will force myself to regurgitate because I am so uncomfortable. I don't want to do it, but I am so constantly sick from eating I haven't much choice. I am super sensitive to texture and dryness in food too, can't eat lettuce, most meat, and so forth. In order to eat a lot of things I have to coat it in mayo (mustard and ketchup give me heart burn) or ranch. I have been eating all the wrong foods (chocolate, chips, ice cream bars, etc.) because I know with those foods, I won't gag and puke.

WOW! I was so GLAD to read your post! I am having the same problem...looks like you fixed your's! So, starting tomorrow, it's liquids for me also! :)

I am so glad that ur band has shrunk..u give me hope becuz i am having so many of the same problems...I have 8.5 cc's in my band and I can eat way way too much for being a bandster. Gonna try the liquids as well...

Really worked well for me. Flourosce shows still have some pouch dilation. Dr says onlyway to fix that is one month complete unfill. But 2 weeks on liquids has me back on track.

I am glad to hear there are others who have tried the liquids to get back on track. I have been very successful with my band until recent and have gained 3-4 lbs so I am going to try the liquids. I have 7.5cc in my band and I do have the problem with regurgitation at times. Sweets and Ice Cream are so very lapBand friendly. Frustrating when you want a real meal and nothing will go down or stay down till you eat something that you are not suppose to eat.