Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2011 surgery dates

You said that you were in the airport and on your way home....just wondering how long was your flight and were you in much pain? I go into slimband on May 6th and spend the night as I am travelling alone. I will return home May 7th and will be flying alone. Just wondering what the experience is like.

I had my surgery at the Slimband clinic too on the 7th of April and i flew back to Edmonton (4hr flight) on the 8th. I did not have any issues at all. My surgery went really well and the pain was minimal. I was scared of having nausea during take off and landing, but I had none of that. On the whole it was a pretty good experience. Good luck with your surgery

Started my Clear Liquids today and have to do this for 48 hours.

Surgery is 8:45 am Wed. morning. On my clear liquids I am allowed 2 Protein Shakes a day.

My surgeon recommends Bariatric Fusion, so I bought this huge container and thought great I will be stuck with some nasty thick gross me out stuff.

It was wonderful, 6 ozs. skim milk, 2 crushed ice cubes and one scoop and blended it. Just like a milk shake and 27 grams of Protein.< /p>

I had my surgery on April 12 and am doing pretty well but having a problem with weakness. My surgeon has me on liquids only until my f/u visit on May 5th. I am trying to drink all day and am doing two 42gm Protein Drinks a day. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so what are you doing for it? I am supposed to go back to work on Monday but not sure if I can work a full day? Suggestions?

To PP, can you do a combo of Protein Shakes to get in your Protein? I'm on liquids and protein shakes only, as well, but only until next week when I can add yogurt and pureed Soups. I was banded on 4/21. I'm also a bit weak/tired and still very sore. I dont' think I could manage on only two shakes a day! I have like 4-5 to get in all that protein! (81 g is my target) .

Hi everyone....

Just wanted to let you know I had my surgery on Tuesday the 26th and came home on Wednesday the 27th. Surgery went well, they found a hiatal hernia that had to be repaired while they were in there.

I have a bad back so that actually hurt worse after surgery because I hadn't been ablet o take my medicine for a week prior to the surgery but after the other medication wore off there was definetly pain and discomfort like I had been punched in the gut numerous times.

Each day gets better and better with the pain and discomfort. How is everyone else doing?

Faith

Hey, I thought I'd put a list together with everyone's name, date of pre-diet start and date of surgery, so we can keep those people in mind on their special day. Here's who has shared their informaiton to date:

If anyone wants to add their name to the list, just post in this thread, and I'll be glad to keep the list updated (every day or so)

Brenda, pre-op diet March 26, surgery April 4 (our first surgery of the month - how are you doing, Brenda?)

Woodslass, pre-op diet March 21, surgery April 5 (Yay for Woodslass!)

Spot, pre-op diet March 22, surgery April 6 (One of three done today - hope all is well!)

Carerjem, surgery April 6 (Two of three - Here's to very little pain, or good drugs to deal with them)

EastEndMTBr, pre-op diet March 30, surgery April 6 (Three of three - congratulations!)

kkf1979, pre-op diet March 24, surgery April 7 (Safe travels to Toronto and good luck tomorrow!)

Lukesdiesel, surgery April 11

saundrac, pre-op diet April 2, surgery April 12

Bandit!, surgery April 13

emptyNest, pre-op diet March 30, surgery April 14

Mmichelle, pre-op diet April 1, surgery April 15

Andytim, surgery April 15

MissMelo, surgery April 18

slm2007, surgery April 18

KaylaTX, pre-op diet March 24, surgery April 18

TerriF, surgery April 20

Musarion, surgery April 21

Peaches78, pre-op diet April 5, surgery April 26

JoanneD, pre-op diet March 30, surgery April 26

Jessica, pre-op diet April 15, surgery April 29

mgottbeg, surgery end of April

Be sure to check regularly, so you can cheer on your fellow Bandsters on the first day of the rest of their life!

Great Idea! I am doing great. I am down 30 pounds (I only weigh on Mondays) and feeling good. Today is one of days off from work but with all the energy I have I keep trying to find more to do!

Today I went for my walk at 6:30 am (3 miles) and came home ate scrambled eggs and some fresh berries. Now I am sipping on a tall skinny hazelnut latte (90 cal. and it gets in one of my dariys) My house is clean and I am thinking of going to get flowers for my planters today and cleaning out the kitchen cuboards! My house has never been cleaner! I think I am going to go my curves and check them out. I did curves years ago but not sure it you can join and not be stuck in a one year membership. I want to join golds at the end of the year. I know I did the right thing getting banded and people are strarting to notice my weight loss. I see it mostly in the face and the way my clothes fit. I have gone from a 26 down to a tight 22, my bras are getting to big, by rings are slipping off my fingers and did I mention my energy level!!! Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to future as much as I am. Just think how we well all look at our 1 year mark, makes you smile doesn't it?! I go in for my first fill on the 3rd of May and will let everyone how that goes. smiles to all Brenda