Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fastest Lap Band Weight Loss?

I have been reading a lot of posts on here and started to wonder what the records are for fastest weight loss with the band. Here are some of the quickest losses I've seen, anybody got these beat?

100 lbs.-6 months

161 lbs.-9 months

200 lbs.-25 months

At least one biggest loser champion was a guy who started with a BMI of 45 and he lost at a pace equal to 12% of their total weight per month. They do it in weekly increments but over months he was close to this pace:

Start 365

at 1 Month-321

at 2 Months-283

at 3 Months-249

at 4Months-219 (he lost 40% of his total body weight in 4 months!)

Since they work those Biggest Loser people out like maniacs, I figure a realistic fastest pace for a normal schmo with a desk job and a lap band is about half as fast (6% of total body weight per month). What do you guys think? Has anybody ever dropped 40% of their starting weight in 8 months with a band?

I dont know if mine counts or not, but I am down 126lbs in 16 months, plus I had a baby 4 months ago. You cant really count those 9 months, can you? :) And yep I got preg 4 months after being banded.

So in 7 months I lost 126lbs, plus 30lbs of baby weight.

Since dec I've lost 112 lbs ! I lost 50 on the 3 wk liquid and 62 since my surgery on dec 29th! And I've got more to go !

Wow, great numbers, guys. I'm going to dial up the cardio and try to match what you guys pulled off.

Since dec I've lost 112 lbs ! I lost 50 on the 3 wk liquid and 62 since my surgery on dec 29th! And I've got more to go !

OMG 50 lbs in THREE WEEKS?!?! wow

Hi mandy. WOW 112 lbs. in less than 5 months that is awesome. I am hoping to be banded in May, right now im waiting on insurance approval.

I dont know if mine counts or not, but I am down 126lbs in 16 months, plus I had a baby 4 months ago. You cant really count those 9 months, can you? :) And yep I got preg 4 months after being banded.

So in 7 months I lost 126lbs, plus 30lbs of baby weight.

you are doing great! i looked at your profile and we are about the same age i'm 32 and are similar in weight my bmi is 45. I hope to do as great as you. im waiting on insurance approval hopefully i can get my band in May... i would love to buddy with you if you want. i need some support and it sounds like you have everything down pat doing as good as you are.

I lost 8.5% (28 lb) the first week after surgery and 115 lb (30%) the first year.

I lost 8.5% (28 lb) the first week after surgery and 115 lb (30%) the first year.

Cindy,

That first week loss is incredible. What were you eating and doing for workouts that week? What do you attribute that extreme weight change to that first week?

Hi mandy. WOW 112 lbs. in less than 5 months that is awesome. I am hoping to be banded in May, right now im waiting on insurance approval.

thank you I've had to work hard at it but there is times when I cheat a little but I make sure I try to exercise at least 5x's a week at least a hour a day and eat 3 meals a day! Good luck I know those insurance people can be a pickle sometimes waiting on them lol but hopefully you'll hear something soon! Keep us posted on your progress!

Joleng - thank you. It hasnt been easy, but has definitely been worth it! It has taken me a bit to get it all down pat, but you do figure out what works for you. I also have PCOS so I know that has made it a challenge.

Would love to buddy up and support you. And good luck with ins, I know how the waiting game goes. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Hi, I was just banded on the 28th of April. I lost 22 pounds on the pre-op diet and am just now able to get some solid mushies down. I feel great and I am wondering just how much weight I can lose even before my first fill which should be in a few weeks. I am an older person, 62 years old and a bit limited for the excercise because of diabetic neuropathy and an arthritic knee. I was hesitant about having the surgery because of my age, but my doctor assured me that my age should not discourage me from losing weight and living the rest of my life in good health. I suppose it is better later than never.