Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you get enough fiber?

I'm not banded yet but am curious about getting Fiber afterward. I see a lot of people can't/don't eat bread or fibrous veggies. Do you have a problem getting enough fiber? I am someone who needs a lot of fiber to stay regular if you kwim. I eat whole wheat everything. I'm just afraid if I'm eating mostly Protein that I won't have room for enough fiber. How do you do it?

Broccoli. My Protein bread/protein bars have high Fiber in them. Beans and Nature's Path Cereal. I aim for no less than 25g a day.

I take Benefiber daily. I just mix it into my coffee - would never know it is there. I also primarily eat Protein because I am just not hungry for much else. I do try to make my evening snack a good veg - cauliflower or pickles usually.

I have IBS but it has improved dramatically since I was banded.

I take Benefiber daily. I just mix it into my coffee - would never know it is there. I also primarily eat Protein because I am just not hungry for much else. I do try to make my evening snack a good veg - cauliflower or pickles usually.

I have IBS but it has improved dramatically since I was banded.

Oh that's good to know. I do not have IBS but do have issues at times. Fiber is the only thing that keeps me right. Thanks for the suggestions!

I've only been banded a week yesterday. I use the Benifiber chewables. I crush them, although I'm sure I could just chew them to powder and swallow. But I take 3 a day. All seems to be working well now lol.

I usually have a fiber One Bar as a snack at night. I also take Gummy fiber chews

Steelcut oatmeal. Fiber one 90 calorie bars. Vegetables 2 or 3x's a day.

I actually have the opposite issue.. sometimes i get too much!!

I'm not banded yet but am curious about getting fiber afterward. I see a lot of people can't/don't eat bread or fibrous veggies. Do you have a problem getting enough fiber? I am someone who needs a lot of fiber to stay regular if you kwim. I eat whole wheat everything. I'm just afraid if I'm eating mostly Protein that I won't have room for enough fiber. How do you do it?

Try blending a fiber supplement with your Protein Drink. Kill 2 birds w/1 stone. That's my b'fast.

I get some from bread, also I take fiber gummies.. or some type of fiber.

I do Atkins so my diet is a bit higher in fats (50-60%) than the low fat diet most doctors seem to prefer. That, combined with drinking 64 fl oz of Water a day and eating 2 cups of vegies (broccoli, asparagus, green Beans, etc.) a day seems to take care of any potential problems.

broccoli

metamucil's Fiber sure in my Protein Shakes every morning, sometimes i add psyllium husk too (available in bulk section at whole foods)

quinoa, couscous, barley

almonds

edamame (great source of Protein too, nice afternoon snack)

Beans

Wow, I'm surprised anyone can tolerate broccoli. I had the worse STUCK half hour, have vowed to not eat that again! Maybe a little drastic, ya think? Anyway, I had my band placed 12/29/2010 and had a rough time the first week feeling queasy all the time and then my surgeon took out the 3cc's he put in the band the time of surgery and it got better. I have had the WORST Constipation, gas misery. I've been using Benefiber since b4 surgery, not helping despite triple the recommended dose. I finally stopped that and am doing better with Kellogs fiber plus cereal once or twice a day, keeping w/64oz fluids/d and exercise definitely helps the gas. I had NO IDEA it would be this much of a struggle! Non-Bariatric surgery people think this is the easy way out ... HARDLY!