Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston TX Bandsters

I am looking for anyone here in Houston that may be getting banded in the near future or maybe you just got banded. I am looking for a band buddy. This forum is great but I would really like to have a buddy that is nearby.

Thanks!

Hi Sandy! My name is Shonda I I've in the houston area and I'm in the process in getting banded.I have a dr. Appt this evening.this is my last month for the 3 mo medical supervision.so after today the send it To insurance and c if I get approved..I would love to be ur lapband buddy

Hi Sandy! I live around the Houston area and was just banded on 4-4-11 by Dr. Erik Wilson in Bellaire. Have you been banded?

Hi Sandy!

I was just banded on April 4th by Dr. Spivak in Houston. Would love to keep in touch with you guys!

Tracy

Hi and thanks for the replies. I am really getting close. My surgery is next Wednesday!!!!!! April 20th. I am excited and a little scared!!!

Hi Sandy!

I was just banded on April 4th by Dr. Spivak in Houston. Would love to keep in touch with you guys!

Tracy

Tracy I was banded by Dr. Spivak in July 2009. Did he ever get his support group meeting going again? he gives great aftercare you will be treated well.

Cheri

:rolleyes:I go on April 21 to True Results in Houston to meet with Dr. Reilly....banding is planned for May 12, 2011! I'd like a buddy or group of buddies too!!!!! :)

I am being banded tomorrow morning by Dr. Reilly at True Results.

Tracy I was banded by Dr. Spivak in July 2009. Did he ever get his support group meeting going again? he gives great aftercare you will be treated well.

Cheri

Hi Cheri!

Dr. Spivak doesn't do his seminars anymore and seems like he is trying to get away from doing the band. He tried to talk me into the gastric sleeve when I first met with him and said the band would only be somewhat sucessful. He was a great surgeon but he doesn't offer any official support for aftercare. Not sure what he used to do. I was self pay and have 1 year follow up with him so I will go in for fills and such, but nothing more than that. I do love Brenda and have actually gotten more useful info as far as living with the band from her. I do wish he had been more supportive of the whole process, but I feel confident that he is one of the best surgeons, so the technical part of things I have no issue with. I also liked that I didn't have a pre-op diet and he wanted me to start eating soft food by the 3rd day after surgery. Learning how to actually eat healthy as soon as possible is what he drives home.

Anyway I am glad I have you guys to get my support from!

Tracy

I just got a call that Dr. Spivak is retiring and moving back to Israel to care for family.

Ok ladies, you've all been banded and I am still a little over one month away from my date....June 20....

any advice? anything in hindsight you want to share? anything I need to prepare for now?

Thanks!!!;)

I in my 6 mo (4 more to go!) Process and I'm using true results in houston and they have me with dr. reily. October can't seem to get here fast enough!!! I am anticipating problems with my insurance since I plan on using my secondary, bcbs il, since my primary, aetna, won't cover it. But I'm gonna get this fine and get banded!!!

Hi! I am new here :blink: Seriously considering getting banded in Houston asap! I have researched docs and am leaning towards Dr. Reilly at True Results. Any suggestions or comments? I know my insurance won't cover - will have to pay out of pocket. How long does it usually take to get started w/o insurance? Good luck to you all!