Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been Pretty Easy so Far.....

I can't complain. I got the lapband, I make an effort to keep more Protein in the house and eat that as much as possible.....and well, honestly I haven't worked much harder than that. It's really been easy so far. I know I could lose more weight faster if I remembered to drink my Water and exercised more, but I gotta honestly say I'm losing weight without really working too hard at it.

What about you guys? Honestly Now, is it pretty easy for most of you, or is it a real struggle still to eat right and less?

I feel like it's all natural now; calorie counting and exercising have become second nature, and I love it!

I can't complain. I got the lapband, I make an effort to keep more Protein in the house and eat that as much as possible.....and well, honestly I haven't worked much harder than that. It's really been easy so far. I know I could lose more weight faster if I remembered to drink my Water and exercised more, but I gotta honestly say I'm losing weight without really working too hard at it.

What about you guys? Honestly Now, is it pretty easy for most of you, or is it a real struggle still to eat right and less?

i really hope it will get easier for me, I have just began, havent received first fill yet and has not loss much weight, I am thinking gabout going back to Protein Drinks to boost my weight loss again this is scary, cause im scared i will gain.

With restriction in my band, the first year was pretty easy. It was automatic weight loss, and whilst I often had to say no to things I wanted to eat but wasnt truly hungry, that wasnt hard. Weight loss got harder to achieve further down the track, but even then I foudn I changed my habits naturally and easily. Now I'm unfilled due to other issues non band related and it is harder to maintain my loss with no restriction, but not THAT hard. I truly ahve changed and wonder why food ever had so much hold on me in the first place.

I smile at your post. While I have never said it out loud, I feel the same way you do to a certain extent. I don't journal, track or count anything other than a rough Protein gram assessment each day. I was never a big junk food eater (but rather an overeater) so I don't feel like I eat crap. In fact, I am probably less strict now about WHAT I eat than I was in my two decades at Weight Watchers. At the point I am now, I struggle more with making sure I eat enough than watching what I eat. I will say I work out like a maniac, so maybe that helps.

Now, does that mean it will always be that way? I have NO IDEA. I have lost about 10-12 lbs per month for 8 months.... I am 40 lbs from goal, you might see me on here next week complaining that I cannot get into Onederland no matter what I do.

I'm having a pretty easy time too. Though I am working at it. But I am not depriving myself of things, just not going crazy. I do workout, but more so since I started kickboxing and I really love it. I have not had any fills yet I have restriction, so I'm happy about that

I'm feeling this way too. No fills yet but I haven't needed one. I only crave Protein and veggies so I'm not really fighting any battles right now. I am sure that will change someday but for now I am enjoying the ride.

Felt that way the first 80lbs...now that I weigh under 180 and have 60 lbs to lose IT IS SO HARD! for the first time I am journaling and counting calories. I hope it stays easy for you :)

It was very easy for me too...though I try not to bring that up in too many posts on LBT. :D I never had a plateau, and my weight loss didn't really slow down until I was in the 140's, past my goal weight. I never counted calories or journaled my food intake. It wasn't hard or frustrating for me since I had done my research and knew I would have to be patient, but it did take six months to get a good level of restriction and really start losing weight at a good pace--but I knew it would work eventually, so it didn't worry me. The only other thing that has ever been difficult is to find the perfect fill level for maintenance. Dehydration really tightens my band, and since I run a lot I do get dehydrated at times, especially during long runs. Finding a tolerable level of fill, where I am not starving AND am not too tight for solid food even when dehydrated has been a challenge. But the weight loss part of this has been easy.

I'm supposed to get my 2nd fill tomorrow morning....and I'm not sure if I should! I'm eating such reasonable portions with little problem right now that I'm almost afraid to. But I'm so curious to know if this fill will be just perfect...or if where I'm at today IS perfect! Guess I'm gonna find out.......

I agree with all of the posts on this so far. I know my weight loss could be better - or faster, if I would journal, but it's difficult for me to do it. I really don't think I go over 1200 calories most days, so I just don't sweat it.

It has been easier than thought it would be so far but I am not saying it has been a cake walk either. I have days that I go off the wagon and eat something I know I'd bad fr me like Cookies or something, overall I have done well. I do exercise most days but now that I have so much energy I really like it I have I only had one fill so far and have prett good restriction. I am down 40 lbs in 6 weeks.

I feel like now that I have all the steps down i think about it less so it's easier. I can still eat anything, I just eat less! I mean I know what to order at restaurants, and what to eat at home, and how much food... I like that I don't have to be 100% perfect on my diet everyday and I still am losing. It doesn't really feel like a diet... I like that. But, the last couple of weeks it's gotten a little harder, I think I've been getting carried away with the food, I'm struggling a bit with eating right (I tend to add in that one extra thing I shouldn't have), and I'm really slacking on exercise! But now I know to kick my own butt.

it's so awesome to finally see some positive stuff on here rather than a gazillion struggles! I have to agree with you. I' was banded 3/3 and it's been easy so far. I teach Zumba Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and I only missed one class because that was the acutal date of my surgery! I feel like my doctor is so knowledgable and I try to do everything he says. I've have great results so far and this is the best decision i have ever made!!