Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confession

Ugh, I've ate so terrible today! Breakfast was fine, Luna Protein Bar, lunch homemade vegetable Soup (veggies only V-8 low sodium) so all that was fine.....then I went to Walmart....bought terrible Snacks and ate them all on the way home. (Didn't want anyone to know, my husband has been so supportive and is even sad, I'm going to be losing my curves) What I ate was a Kit-kat, Mars bar, and a 1dollar bag of chips :( Wed I will be banded 2 wks.

I'm such a food addict. I knew when I was putting those items in my buggy, I was in the danger zone! The group of girls I work w/ all know about my surgery, they have all been complimenting me and telling me how they can tell, I'm losing. I'm GREAT @ self-sabotage, not so much on emabracing compliments.

How did you learn to retrain your brain from old coping skiills?

I'm so fortunate, have Ins, recovering fine, and now when I'm alone today, I pull this crap!

I feel like this is "Dear Diary"

Any comments/feedback Thanks!

Sometimes... it is really really hard. You pick yourself up and start over tomorrow. It's over and done with so don't beat yourself up. If you can't resist that stuff in the check out isle... don't go there by yourself. I am 9 months post op, just yesterday I went to the grocery store and couldn't make it past the bakery without buying 2 doughnuts. They haunted me through the whole store, ashamed to say it but I left them in the Cereal isle, but they didn't go home with me and I didn't eat them. A treat, even one that is not good for you, is ok once in a while, but you really are sabatoging yourself by going soooo overboard. You can do this, i believe if I can anyone can!!! I wish you the very best of luck!

are you tracking your food? (2 weeks post op i wouldn't think you should be eating luna bars. they have a 1/3 of your daily carbs). i have a big problem with food addiction and binging and the ONLY thing that has kept me sane and on track is tracking my food on fitday.com. tracking is the only way you can really see what you're eating and gain control. if you are able to maybe go to therapy too to explore why you use food to feel better, that's definitely helpful and worth your time.

but most of all, don't beat yourself up. just recommit and try to track your food. really helped me not only be honest with myself but to be able to plan my food and nutrition.

Ugh, I've ate so terrible today! Breakfast was fine, Luna Protein Bar, lunch homemade vegetable Soup (veggies only V-8 low sodium) so all that was fine.....then I went to Walmart....bought terrible Snacks and ate them all on the way home. (Didn't want anyone to know, my husband has been so supportive and is even sad, I'm going to be losing my curves) What I ate was a Kit-kat, Mars bar, and a 1dollar bag of chips :( Wed I will be banded 2 wks.

I'm such a food addict.

Absolutely not...I won't stand for it.....I did much worst... I had my surgery 2-28-11 and have lost 15lbs or so and that was after eating two days after surgery like four fried shrimp.......a mexican pizza from taco bell like a week later.......fries nuggets but in some cases small portions.....but cha gotta give credit where credit is due.....Like i have had no soda in over a month plenty Water i think and Protein and lots of grilled salmon and i try to make it to the gym three times a week.....right now I'm headed to Zumba one girl says she loses at least two pounds from that class,,,for fun since you have a computer you should pull up Zumba dance on youtube.com if you are worried about not being successful with Lapband.....but it was so darn hard and still is over the weeks you should automatically notice the cravings just die down...sure you'll want an occassional treat to me there is no harm in that and this was a big transition for us all so on that note don't be so hard on yourself you are only human and you'll be fine

Thank you all SO MUCH for all of your kind words! Tomorrow will be better, I'm giong to get my little note book out and start writing down all my intake, cal/pro/carbs.

Finding support and encouragement from others that has been on the same journey is so reasurring!