Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

finally happened

Well I just got the lap band put in on the 22nd of March. I am just wanting to know what everyone went threw the first few days and weeks...I am excited about this but wondering whats next? I am still really sore from surgery and I am sticking to what I am suppose to be eating which is stage 2. But yesterday and today it seems I am burping alot and feeling that hungar feeling. I usually get my protient shake in fear of over eating and feeling sick. Can I just get some feed back from everyone. I am excited about this site and hopefully can relate to most of you. Thank you Sallie :o)

Hi! I was banded on the 28th of Feb. and just got my first fill on Friday. I would have to say that the burpy feeling is the air I was still dealing with the gas and air a few weeks after and if your like me you will have the burpy feeling directly after your fill as well. I was pretty sore around my port area for about 3 weeks sometimes it still hurts but my Dr told me that to help with the healing of the port and the inflamation to ice it 2-3 times aday and that really helped me out so it may work for you as well. A few days after my surgery I was starving the liquids weren't doing anything for me and it really discouraged me and I felt like I did the whole thing for nothing so I went in for my check up my Dr reassured me that it was normal that some people swell worse than others and that I just didn't swell at all so I had no restrictions I was able to eat everything including pizza!! But a lot less I noticed... Just take it a day at a time and talk to your Dr make sure you get all your questions answered but also remember reading on here that everyone is different Im just now catching on to that!! Best of luck with your weightloss journey!

I was banded on March 14th. I never felt hunger until almost a good week after the surgery...I think my stomach must have been really swollen. The incisions never gave me trouble, the worst two pains I had were the shoulder pain and the humongous bruise I got on my lower abdomen from the Lovenox. I definitely recommend walking around as much as you can (but don't overdo it) and hydrate as much as you can. Being dehydrated always makes you feel crummy. Rest as much as you can too, it gives your body a chance to heal.

The liquid diet was hard for me mentally because I was so used to eating what I wanted, when I wanted. It gets easier every day. Now I'm on soft foods and I just chew everything to death to make sure there are no problems. I've lost about 20 lbs since starting my pre op diet and that's enough encouragement for me! (most days anyway). Good luck in your recovery!

I was banded on March 23rd and I still have pain in my stomach area. I also have pain in my armpit today and the doctor said it was still gas from the surgery. She said it could last at leat 2 weeks or more. Depends on the person. I started on my lowfat creamed Soups yesterday and I am feeling great ( except for the side of my stomach and armpit.).Good luck to us all and keep in touch!!!!

I hope to have my surgery in April or May. I found this site today after attending another bariatric surgery seminar last night. The hospital insurance office is supposed to let me know when to schedule my doctor's consult, psyc evaluation, and dietician appointment. I am attending a support group for lapband patients Monday night to have some of my questions answered. My husband and I have decided not to tell most family and friends that I am considering this surgery as I don't need the negative comments and horror stories from those who have not been on this journey. I have never joined a forum of any kind before, but am hoping this will help me keep on track. Good luck with your new life style. I'll be checking in on you from time to time!