Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to admit I'm frustrated....

I am 2.5 weeks post-op and have lost maybe 2 pounds since surgery and that was in the first few days after surgery. I have read a hundred times on here that the first weeks are about healing not losing. That sounds great but it doesn't help me feel any less frustrated. I don't see how it is possible for me to be eating so little and not losing weight like crazy. Oh, I know, starvation mode.....yada yada yada. How do anorexic people lose weight if they're body won't let go of the weight because they are in starvation mode????

I'm just having a really bad day and feel like complaining. I've been asking myself, why did I bother? I just spent a fortune on something that isn't even going to work. AAARRRGGGHHHH!

I'm 3 weeks post-op and tho I did lose some weight on the liquid part of my diet, since I have started mushies and now real food I haven't lost a pound. But.... from what I have read on here is that this first period of time (six weeks) it's all about healing, some people even gain weight after surgery. You won't see real steady weight loss until your filled and maybe a while until you get to your sweet spot. Keep your head up, you did the right thing for you. You just have to be patient with your body while it is healing. Have you been able to start walking? I'm going to start tomorrow, even if I have to go slow.

I'm 3 weeks post-op and tho I did lose some weight on the liquid part of my diet, since I have started mushies and now real food I haven't lost a pound. But.... from what I have read on here is that this first period of time (six weeks) it's all about healing, some people even gain weight after surgery. You won't see real steady weight loss until your filled and maybe a while until you get to your sweet spot. Keep your head up, you did the right thing for you. You just have to be patient with your body while it is healing. Have you been able to start walking? I'm going to start tomorrow, even if I have to go slow.

I tell every one, TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF IN 1 YEAR . I'm sure you don't wanna Wait that long, but this is a slow go.. When you see your self 1 year later, and don't recognise yourself, then your really starting to get some where. But for now,,, until you get filled, and keep getting fills, its a step by step process. I'm not trying to disappoint or let you down. It is a reality check on the truth. In time this will take off, and you will be very happy. Maybe even in 6 months, or 4. It depends on you.

Be Patient... It will come.

Shirley.

I know how you feel. I had a really frustrating day myself this past week. I have only lost a few pounds since surgery myself. I just try to remember that this is the healing process and it will get to the point when we get fills and will start to feel restriction and not be able to eat as much. My first fill is 4/01.

Keep your chin up! It takes longer to loose weight with the band and we have to keep moving (exercise) too! I haven't been cleared for anything buy walking and exercise bands. That frustrates me too since I have felt great since 2 weeks post op but have to listen to the doctors. I want to work out but can't, it bites! I honestly think that if I got my butt moving weight would be coming off. I just tell myself "soon enough".

Have your bad day and complain but tomorrow get over it (saying w/ a giggle and a smile, not bitchy)! You spent this money, went this far, IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!! Hang in there. Fills will start soon and you will see the weight coming off I am sure.

Hope you have a good night,

Wendy

i think what i'm confused about in this couple weeks of post op non-weight loss (i lost on liquid diet but not since i started food) is that i've only built up to about 650 calories a day and i have good restriction now with no fill. if anything, i am going to have to build up to eating more calories, not less with a fill. maybe i'm not losing because i'm eating food but not eating enough calories yet? i will be adding chicken and fish next week so maybe that will help.

Each of you have good points. And Wendy......you are right on. I'm complaining today and today only.......tomorrow I'm not complaining. :rolleyes:

I went for a walk just a little bit ago and already feel better.

Shirley, you're right, in a year so much will have changed. I'm just impatient today. B)

I hate days like this. I'm still glad I did it. I don't regret it because I know in grand scheme of things, the weight will come off and I will feel so much better.

hello fellow banders! Im about a month out from surgery just got my first fill last friday still feel no restriction and it can get discouraging but we all did this for a reason so when I get discouraged I think about that, I did this because I wanna be healthy and I wanna live and watch my daughter grow so we just gotta work that band! Im one of those people that gained weight after surgery and it discouraged me and I asked myself if I did this for nothing but as someone has already said think about where we will be a yr out and I know I have to personally keep reminding myself that its not gonna come off over night. Working out is gonna help and I was just released to start back I missed it and I hope that it helps. Since my surgery ive only lost 3 and that was a month ago but thats 3 pounds I dont have to carry around anymore!!! So keep your head up and be positive!!! Best of luck on your weightloss journey!!!!

hello fellow banders! Im about a month out from surgery just got my first fill last friday still feel no restriction and it can get discouraging but we all did this for a reason so when I get discouraged I think about that, I did this because I wanna be healthy and I wanna live and watch my daughter grow so we just gotta work that band! Im one of those people that gained weight after surgery and it discouraged me and I asked myself if I did this for nothing but as someone has already said think about where we will be a yr out and I know I have to personally keep reminding myself that its not gonna come off over night. Working out is gonna help and I was just released to start back I missed it and I hope that it helps. Since my surgery ive only lost 3 and that was a month ago but thats 3 pounds I dont have to carry around anymore!!! So keep your head up and be positive!!! Best of luck on your weightloss journey!!!!

At least it's not 3lbs. that you gained right. So it did not come on overnight, and it will take time to come off.

Good Luck, Shirley.

We all have frustrations in this. I understand it is hard but you just gotta follow the plan and things will get better. I worked my butt off this week, and judging by my weight today it looks like I have a slight gain, I don't officially weigh in til Tuesday am, but I have to push on and go back to figuring out what works for me. According to my calorie defecits I should be losing a lot faster, but I guess it doesn't work like that for me. So everyone is different and you gotta figure out what works for you. Keep at it

Hey there,im very discouraged as well. I had my surgery 3/14 I have no restriction and am depressed over it. I just signed up on this lap band chat and it has helped out alot. It helps to know that im not the only one getting frustrated, my fill will be april 27 and I cannot wait. Thanks for the positive advice. Janelle

It's when you have enough fills that you are not hungry, and it is all working for you.

I am 2.5 weeks post-op and have lost maybe 2 pounds since surgery and that was in the first few days after surgery. I have read a hundred times on here that the first weeks are about healing not losing. That sounds great but it doesn't help me feel any less frustrated. I don't see how it is possible for me to be eating so little and not losing weight like crazy. Oh, I know, starvation mode.....yada yada yada. How do anorexic people lose weight if they're body won't let go of the weight because they are in starvation mode????

I'm just having a really bad day and feel like complaining. I've been asking myself, why did I bother? I just spent a fortune on something that isn't even going to work. AAARRRGGGHHHH!

I feel the same way sometimes and I am almost one month out and i have my first fill on 4/8 so I am ready to get it to see if I have any more restriction right now I am hungry alot. I have lost 18lbs since surgery 3/2. I feel that is good but i lost alot of that during the liquid stage now that i am approaching my regular foods i am kind of scared. I am also thinking to myself i could have done this on my own because i have been walking since last week and i am going to start going to the gym next week so i hope i can lose more soon. Stay focus and it will work out hopefully for all us bandster hell ppl. LOL!!! :D

At the beginning it can be very discouraging. You've gone through this surgery, you don't seem to be losing and you're hungry a good portion of the time. I'm about 5 1/2 months out and I can tell you honestly, I wasn't sure how this would work for me at the beginning, but I'm down almost 60 lbs. and I feel so much better. I can only imagine how great I will feel (and look) in another 6 months. It's really tough in the beginning, but it will be worth it.

You and I are at the same stage right now. I had surgery on 03/07/2011, lost weight at first...but now I'm at a stand still and may have even gained a pound or too. At this point I can pretty much eat as normal (which is not a good thing in my case). Surgeon's office support staff says the reason I am stalled is - what I lost prior to and just after surgery was mostly Water weight, which is now being replenished (yippee