Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April '09 Bunnies...2 Year Bandiversary!

April '09...Come out, come out, wherever you are....hello....HELLO?!! Anyone there?!!

We're just one week from our April Bandiversaries (can you believe it's been 2 years?!) and I thought I'd see how everyone's lives are going...good, bad, indifferent? How's life?

OK, I'll start...let's see, milestones in the last year...

- Reached my dream goal of 100 pounds gone (for about a day, but it was a little low for me, but too cool to say '100').

- Had a partial unfill (Stuck, PB, too tight...weird after 10 mo. at the same fill level).

- Spent months fixing their house for sale/moving my parent's out of their home of 44 years (happy move to a retirement condo).

- Actually bought a bikini and wore it to the beach.

- Still writing my blog (mostly over at Blogger), but not as often. I'm meeting a group of 50+ Blogger Bander's in Chicago this Fall (can't wait)!

- Lost both of the only two surgeon's at my practice (left for other practices).

- Gained 15+ pounds back (did you hear, I actually NEED my Lap-Band?).

- DD found a great job and moved out into her first 'real' apartment (spent months helping her with home projects/move).

- After four months with no doc, finally a new one and fill/sweet restriction again!

- Back down about 10# and trying to get into maintenance mode.

- I'm back to writing the book (a 'real Bander' handbook) after getting very derailed with both moves last year. Finishing it and back to looking for an agent. I'm still hoping it will see the light of day as I still get so many emails and questions from Banders looking for 'real' info.!

Miss you all...how's it going? -BG

I haven't bee on here for so long. Well I'm still down about 108lbs which is good. After my unfill last winter I gained so I'm not in onderland any longer. I'm right around 220 some times less and once in a while a little more. I feel much better then I did though when I was to full. I go one fill since the unfill and I think I'm going to try to stay here for a bit DH and I are going on a cruise in September. I don't want to eat massive amounts on the trip but I don't want to be to restricted. with warmer weather I'm hoping to get moving again and get that last 25 or so pounds back under control.

I am down over 80 lbs! I have had my ups and downs but all in all, I would do it 100 times over in a heartbeat! I soooo love my band. My family has named it Puff from all the weird noises it makes after I eat or drink! I have not been on this forum in about a year so I look forward to seeing everyone else's update.

I am about to try to figure out how to post a skinny profile pic! Woohoo! Who would have EVER thought I would see a size 10 again!

Starting Weight 251

Today's Weight 167

I haven't bee on here for so long. Well I'm still down about 108lbs which is good. After my unfill last winter I gained so I'm not in onderland any longer. I'm right around 220 some times less and once in a while a little more. I feel much better then I did though when I was to full. I go one fill since the unfill and I think I'm going to try to stay here for a bit DH and I are going on a cruise in September. I don't want to eat massive amounts on the trip but I don't want to be to restricted. with warmer weather I'm hoping to get moving again and get that last 25 or so pounds back under control.

JT, SO happy to hear from you! I think they should warn us that unfills seem to be as much a part of this process (as are gains...I know). Have fun on that cruise!

I am down over 80 lbs! I have had my ups and downs but all in all, I would do it 100 times over in a heartbeat! I soooo love my band. My family has named it Puff from all the weird noises it makes after I eat or drink! I have not been on this forum in about a year so I look forward to seeing everyone else's update.

I am about to try to figure out how to post a skinny profile pic! Woohoo! Who would have EVER thought I would see a size 10 again!

Starting Weight 251

Today's Weight 167

I want to see that skinny pic! Size 10?!! AMAZING!!!

Okay I am reposting and hopefully my golf picture will come up! Not the best picture of me but you can see me from head to toe. I am at an impass on if I want to just maintain or if I want to push the envelope and go for the 100 lbs lost mark. I am comfortable at this size so not sure what I am going to do yet! One day and one decision at a time, right?

Hello to all of my bunny buddies. So for me this past Jan I finally got another fill that I believe has put me at the sweet spot. The funny thing is that I had a fill last summer I think it was and I was to tight so the doc took it back out. Then he left the hospital and opened his own practice and was no longer a PPO provider for me. So I went back and fourth with the idea of did I want to pay out of pocket or not. In the meantime I felt ok because I was not gaining any weight, but not losing either. So finally I decided at the beginning of the year I would go back and get a fill and so I did. Got the same amount put back in that was taken out. At first I thought I was to tight again but decided to try to push through it and eat almost nothing. Perhaps I may have been a little swollen. anyway I did not get an unfill and I am very happy with my restriction right now. I'd like to lose about 15 to 20 pounds more and then I'll be happy. I do still through up sometimes, I think I still think I can eat more than my pouch can actually hold. I guess I'll learn one of these days. I did buy a bathing suit late last summer and can't wait until it gets hot enough to wear it. But who knows it might be to big by then. My only problem right now is that I need to make myself exercise. Well take care of yourselves guys and good luck to us all that we can maintain our success.

Wow, it's been FOREVER since I've posted. Life is so busy! and FUN! I'm down from 322 (or 327 i don't remember) and a size 28 jeans and 30 top into a size 12 jeans and a large top at 212.2lbs! I've lost So over 110lbs lost so far. I have another 20-30 to go before I start to consider reconstructive surgery. This is the most amazing thing ever! I just eased into a 12 so most of my clothes are currently 14's but I can't wear them w/o belt. a belt? me? for a purpose not for fashion? would have NEVER believed that!! I started my personal business with The Pampered Chef and am so geeked at the ways that it is allowing me to help others making wise food choices and simplifies cooking for me. I've gotten out of the gym habit w/summer and the weather but 'typically' I spend 90 minutes at the gym 5 days a week and LOVE it. another something I would have never beleived.

Struggling with no weight loss. I am still trying though. This time around I am going to use my surgeon's resources to help.

I haven't posted in a while. I've lost 65 pounds to date, slow and steady. A pound here and a pound there. I eat healthy and get some exercise. Most of which is yard work this summer. We have many hills on our property. I have some trouble with Fluid in the morning. I also had problems with acid and heart burn so my Dr put me on Nexium. This has helped. I would like to step up the process so my husband and I are joining a local YMCA. I will keep you all posted. Any suggestions I would love to hear from all our Bunny Bandsters!