Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

breast size b4 and after weight loss surgery

I am currently 5'3 and weigh 245. I would like to lose about 70 lbs. which would put me in about a size 11/13 which is a size that I am comfortable with. I consider myself to have a pretty good figure with the exception of my actual size. I wear a size 18 in bottoms and tops and am pretty proportioned. My problem is that my breasts are a FULL 42F. I found out today that my insurance will cover a reduction. Should I consider it now when I won't have my band in until April 11th? In the past, my weight has always yo-yo'ed. I would then lose a little in my breast and when I regained, I would gain even more back. I am so confused? I could not afford this if insurance wouldn't pay. It would definately help with the back pain and make my workouts a lot more comfortable. However, I don't want to have it done and then lose what little I keep. I know it sounds vain but all throughout my life my breast are the one thing that I have always received compliments on. grrrr..... I am just so unsure about it all. I have my consultation today at 1pm.

They only opinion I can give is this, I had my surgery on February 23, 2011 and have lost 16 pounds. I have already had to go down a bra size (both in cup and size). From what i've been told, most women do lose alot in that area! Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

From my personal experience I am 5'3 and was a little heavier than you and went from a 44DD to a 36DD so no cup change at all and now that I am smaller my large breast give me constant back pain and make working out harder becuase if I run I will knock myself out lol. I would wait until after surgery and see how things go but keep it in mind.

We have the same stats. I am a 42F, started at 277 and am down to 229, no change in breasts only band. I am now in a 38F. I think genetics plays a BIG role. I have considered getting a reduction but like you my girls have always been a source of compliment. HMMMM I suppose I will consider a reduction when they become an annoyance. GOOD LUCK TO YOU>

Mine was 42DDD @ 293lbs and 5'7". I'm down to 36D @169lbs now and I'm not even done loosing weight yet. Mine are hanging with no shape :-( I see a breast lift in the future :-)

Thanks ladies for the info. I've been trying to walk 2 miles a day and my back is really giving me issues. I cancelled that appointment and rescheduled with a surgeon that my mom has heard good things about. I go on April 5th to meet with him. So much to do in the next few weeks. On Monday, I have all of my tests done and have to attend my seminar. Then, this breast appointment on the 5th. Finally, my big surgery day is the 11th. I can't wait. However, I'm not too excited about this liquid diet but I guess I'm going to have to learn to love it.

I had DD breasts, I'm 5ft* /10, so whilst they were pretty humungous, they werent over the top for my size/height, what I'm trying to say is I'm not a big breasted person, just had huge breasts as a result of being obese. I've gone from a 20DD to a 12C - and the C is pretty ambitious, I'm sure in various styles I'd be a B cup. For a while I was considering a reduction, I hated them, thought they dragged my whole look down, but they've shrunk to very small and I couldnt be happier. Most of that shrinkage came AFTER I'd reached a BMI under 30 too, in face even since a BMI of 25. As did most of the fine tuning of my body, all those little things that you think I could use a nip or tuck here or there, it all disappeared with continued weight loss.

i started out at 42 DD and 240 lbs. i'm at 199 lbs and around 40 D-DD now. it varies depending on the bra. =)

even when i before weighed 137 i had C's...so hopefully I wont lose all my boobies. =)

I started out wearing a 40-D.

Now that I am almost to my goal I wear a 36-D, but they are a big saggy mess.

I will be getting a boob job as soon as I save up all the money.

I went from 46G to 32DD--they look smaller than that though due to sagging/loose skin. :( However, I also lost much more than my initial goal, and lost much more than I ever thought I could, with virtually no effort. Reaching your goal weight (175) would still put you in the obese category; much healthier than now, but depending on the ease of your weight loss, you might find yourself revising your goal to a lower number. That could result in losing much more in your breasts too. Just something to think about! :)

I am down 100 pounds and my cup size has not changed at all???

I am down 100 pounds and my cup size has not changed at all???

Cup size is determined by the difference between the measurement just under your breasts, and around the fullest part of your breasts. You have lose a lot of weight, but if your cup size is the same then likely you have lost inches proportionally from both of those measurements.

This is were i started: 5' 2" , Weight 223, Bra size 44G....... Now a little over 16 months after LB... Weight 152, Bra size 38H....

I lost 6" around.... and gained a cup size. I lost hardly any of my breast mass. If you look at some of my Dr. Appt. pic you can see how LARGE the girls are. Even in the Dec. 2010 Christmas pic you can still see the size.

Most people would tell me.... if you would just get a breast reduction you would look as big.....NOT...then i would just be FAT. I didn't want to "just lose boobs" i wanted to be at a healthy weight and be proportioned right for my height.

So i started the journey of looking in to WLS and a breast reduction. In my head i thought.... two birds one stone... Well i got the one bird, my LB surgery was approved.... but not the reduction. Was told I would have to get to my goal weight before they would do it. So i'm still stuck with the most miserable back pain you could imagine.

I would have to pay out of pocket for the breast reduction now because i lost my job the day i went back from having LB surgery. So I figured if i'm going to go under... do the Tummy Tuck too....

I'm not even half way to my goal but I expect my girls may get a bit smaller. I started out (heaviest) at 322 lbs in a size 20/22, 40DDD bra. Currently I'm 262 lbs, in an 18/20 pants, XL/L tops, and 38DDD bra. So while I've lost 60 lbs, not a lot has changed. I've always been athletic so that could have a lot to do with it but genetically, i get the boobs from my dads side and they're probably never going to go completly but I do think they may be a big saggy mess before it's all said and done :(

I had to reschedule my appt so I won't go for a consult until Tuesday. I'm still not too sure what I want to do. I'm just not a surgery kinda gal. I think I'll go to the consult but wait it out and see how things end up.