Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having some difficulty in my journey and thought I would turn to all of the pros for advice. I got my band nov 15 2011 and have lost about 25 total. I am glad I lot that but feel that it should be a lot more. I have had three fills and I am now up to 6.5 in a 10 band. I am finding now that it is difficult to eat many things and that they even hurt a little going down, especially in the morning. I also find that when i eat I get a pain in my right shoulder even with the first few bites. Another thing I have found out is that jink food goes down all too easily when the healthy food like carrots goes down painfully. I dont want to give up on my band but I am starting to get frustated and wished i just did this the old fashioned healthy way. Please help!!!

I too have that problem - what i try to do is eat healthy 80-90% of the time and eat junkier stuff once a week. it does hurt if you don\t chew the food enough. i have that added burden of having braces and can't even having anything too hard but still managed to carve off 25 pounds this last year. it isn\t so easy but unlke before - i've lost weight and havent put it back on.

i have just had toast get stuck very unpleasant. i too am at 6.5 i am afraid to eat somethings now. i dont even want to try

Are you hungry between meals? I wonder if you need a slight unfill- and that will make eating the healthy stuff more tolerable. Yes, junk does go down easily doesn't it? Just melts in your mouth. Personally, while I was loosing I stayed away from junk (anything high fat and/or high carb). You may find if you do this, your cravings will subside. Best wishes!

I am having some difficulty in my journey and thought I would turn to all of the pros for advice. I got my band nov 15 2011 and have lost about 25 total. I am glad I lot that but feel that it should be a lot more. I have had three fills and I am now up to 6.5 in a 10 band. I am finding now that it is difficult to eat many things and that they even hurt a little going down, especially in the morning. I also find that when i eat I get a pain in my right shoulder even with the first few bites. Another thing I have found out is that jink food goes down all too easily when the healthy food like carrots goes down painfully. I dont want to give up on my band but I am starting to get frustated and wished i just did this the old fashioned healthy way. Please help!!!

I had my surgery around the same time as you did, and havent lost much either. I recently joined weight watchers since the band has helped with Portion Control, now i need to follow a diet. I dont have difficulty eating anything which kinda sucks, i almost wish i had a stuck feeling so i wouldnt be tempted to eat certain things! My band is always tighter in the morning so i think thats a normal thing ive seen alot on here. I think even if I did this the old fashioned healthy way i wouldnt have lost as much as i have in this time frame. i think it averages to a pound a week which is good, and the slower you lose the less saggy skin problems! so dont be frustrated, keep your chin up and 25lbs is awesome!! maybe if you try your liquid diet for a couple days or get a slight unfill so your not in pain when eating veggies. good luck!

i lost weight the first 2 weeks then hit a plato i went months without losing i got depressed and started going back into bad habits. i finally have a restriction and feeling better at 6 1/2 cc's you just have to be strong this isnt going to be easy but there is enough out here that are here for you if you need support. i was banded in sept of last year i have gained 5 lbs i felt so bad. mentally beating myself up about it which didnt do any good.

From personal experience, I agree with Vlp and wonder if you might benefit from a very small (0.25-0.5 ml) downward adjustment. I wish you the best,

Mimi

Personally since I eat carrots every single day; I think you are too tight if they won't go down. I'm not saying this to be mean spirited. Anything that is "junky" that goes "right down" needs to leave your food rotation. A cup of carrots is like 35 calories a cup of crackers is closer to 350.

I can only tell you what my surgeon told me. If you're following the rules (small bites, chew well, eat slowly, don't drink with meals) and you are having difficulty eating your Protein and vegetables, then you are too full and need to get some of your fill out.

Yes, the junk does just slide on through...which is why it's important that we are able to still eat our good foods.