Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying something new

Ok, tonight I am trying something new. I froze Silk Almond Milk in ice cube trays and plan to use them in my smoothies in the mornings. I make a smoothie every morning and usually put crushed ice in it, but it tends to Water it down some. Thought this might solve that problem. I measured it out so I know how many cubes to use and still get the same nutrition. Thought I would use 1/2 c. of cubes and 1/2 cup of the liquid milk.

Has anyone tried this before and if so, how does it work?

Ok, tonight I am trying something new. I froze Silk Almond Milk in ice cube trays and plan to use them in my smoothies in the mornings. I make a smoothie every morning and usually put crushed ice in it, but it tends to Water it down some. Thought this might solve that problem. I measured it out so I know how many cubes to use and still get the same nutrition. Thought I would use 1/2 c. of cubes and 1/2 cup of the liquid milk.

Has anyone tried this before and if so, how does it work?

i use almond milk too, but i've never done them in ice cubes because I use an immersion hand blender for my smoothies. What I do is pour a half cup in my smoothie container and pop it in the freezer while I shower and get ready for work. An hour or so later, its partially frozen and I add the rest of the milk, Protein powder, etc. I like how it turns out, but I think it might be fluffier if I could do it in a normal blender with almond milk cubes. let us know how it turns out!

What a great idea! I got some almond milk, but don't like it much. Maybe this is what I will try to use it for.

I wish they had samples of almond milk and soy milk. I'd like to try them but I don't want to waste money buying the large ones then throwing them out if I don't like them.

I wish they had samples of almond milk and soy milk. I'd like to try them but I don't want to waste money buying the large ones then throwing them out if I don't like them.

I did try a sample in a Walmart. It tasted great at the time and the lady said it is great in coffee and Cereal and oatmeal. All they had were very large ones, so I went ahead and got it. I tried it in coffee and oatmeal.....yuck sad.gif

It worked great!! Made my smoothie thicker and was not diluted at all!! I don't have time in the morning to make the smoothie and let it sit in the freezer, but I am sure that works really well too. I'm just not a morning person and since I have to leave the house at 6:50 in order to be at work on time this just worked great for me.rolleyes.gif