Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February '09 bandsters out there?

Hey, just seeing if any Feb 2009ers are still on the boards? Would love to check in...

okay this is my third attempt to reply - three times a charm right?

Hello all - I'm still here barely. I was banded Feb. 16, 2009 and weighed 265 lbs (5'8") and as of this past January weighed 132 lbs. I was pleased so far except I had started having horrible night coughs - along with the occasional spit up and could barely eat anything anymore. So band doc took some out and said to get upper GI/fluoro. I was feelling a little better but still had occasional throw up session and still some night coughing.

Early March I had upper GI and band slipped. I almost had a heart attack. On one hand I was so relieved because I had not felt like myself in two months which I started a new job at that time and kept thinking it was the stress of the job and I couldn't hack it. I swear I had never felt so out of sorts - not myself as I did for those two months. On the other hand, what do you mean it's slipped...fix it. So they said so much of my stomach was so far up above my band they had to do revision surgery and since my port stuck out about 6 inches out of my rib cage like a gigantic alien goose egg they could fix it at that time and they would do this fast.

So I thought okay, maybe for a reason would certainly explain a few things and I could get egg fixed. So I had surgery last Tuesday NIGHT (6:00 pm - no drink/water/food since midnight before and waiting all day - can you tell I am impatient ???) Woke up Tuesday night to hear "WE TOOK IT OUT." WHAT??????????? Why? It was best - your stomach needs to rest. So I ended up staying overnight in excrutiating pain - about 50 x worse than the first time around which doc says is bc maybe I was 120 lbs heavier - idk ok. I have follow up in two weeks and I am still a little bit of disbelief. I weighed 139.2 day of surgery and yesterday 152. How does that happen? I have had nothing but Clear liquids since Wed am. My stomach is swollen but I am baffled in very many ways. Now what? Am I going to have to go through this pain agan IF they get it approved by my insurance not to mention although I have insurance I still am responsible for some of the costs which include doc visits, portions of fees, hospital stays, etc... I am open to any ideas/comments/suggestions/feedback - anything.

You wouldn't know it by this 'bitchpost' but I am generally a very positive person, did yoga, chants, positive thoughts etc right before the surgery all positive imagery - took supplements/vitamins that were appropriate etc...

So, How's everyone else doing? :D