Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is It Really 4 Years? Wow

Has it really been 4 years? It's hard to believe we've come so far from each of our starting points. Each of us has had setbacks and success in this journey. We've shared our stories and have gotten support and given support to each other. Although we may not come back as often as we would like, but when we do it's as if we didn't miss a beat.

I too am 20lbs from goal right now. I still sabortage myself when I get within 5 - 10 lbs of goal. But I have not given up hope that one day I'll get there and so have you.

Ms. Husker, go to this website, Eat Right 4 Your Type. com. And if you can get the book, by Peter D'Adamo from the library. This book is about health by your blood type. I started reading it after reading his Geno-Type Diet. I find both were very helpful in relation to some of my health issues. I'm going to get his cookbook although there are a lot, and I mean alot of recipes on his website.

My testimony to his book was when I wanted to go vegetarian for the new year. I started eating bean for morning snack and eating the alternative meat products. 2/3 weeks into this and I was having trouble raising my left arm. I had already began cutting out the Beans and meat alternatives. But in reading his book and reviewing my history of foods I've eaten, I saw a pattern I had set for myself. I'll stop here, but try and get the Eat Right 4 Your Type and incorporate some of your blood type into your daily living.

By reading his book, I realized I am wheat and gluten intolerant. Not that I can't eat it, but should eliminate, avoid and or limit it in my diet. Along with some foods that has been causing my health problems. It's too early to tell if I see and feel a difference, but I'm going to give it a 30 day trial according to his cookbook.

Well, I'll stop here this is a long winded one. Let me know if you decided to get the book.

This goes also to others as well.

Hi LB friends--glad to see a few of you remaining! I really can't remember when my last post was, but I know it was before I started a new job in July. Oh my...how time passes! I need to catch up on the old posts and see what's happening with everyone. It is hard to believe it has been four years!. Wow. Are you happy you got the band? How is hindsight for each of you? Although I'm not where I had hoped to be, I'm definitely glad I'm not where I COULD have been, had I not gotten the band. I'm grateful.

I hope some of our old friends check in this month--it would be great to hear from those who were such an important part of our journey.

Best wishes for a continually successful journey of course, with the inherent ups and downs). Karen

Well, I am still around and kicking. Only about 38 lbs to be back to my BC (before cancer) weight. Not really trying though and have no motivation even with my son getting married this July. I talk to myself everyday about food choices and sometimes is works. I am getting a fill on March 25 so I hope that puts me at my sweet spot. I am also joining an outdoors archery league that involves a lot of walking. I think it is going to be a blast. I even treated myself to a new bow!! LOVE IT!!

With summer coming on I have high hopes of being able to do my own yard work. Believe it or not, I have really missed doing that over the last two years. I know that the humidity is not my friend and as the summer progresses we will see what I can and can't do.

Oh, I had my hernia repaired. It was supposed to be a quick and simple repair. Wrong! When they got in there, my right side looked like swiss cheese so they had to move my port to the left side and put in a 6 inch mesh to hold it all together. Talk about pain. I was hurting for over 6 weeks. Glad that is over and hope it never happens again!!

Well take care everyone and happy bandaversary!!

Hi, All, and to you Ms Husker, I can only imagine what you've been thru. But, when I get medical problems, I hope to keep a great outlook on life and a positive faith on the outcome of my recovery. I really appreciate you sharing you ill with the group.

Hope your motivation returns by time you post again. The good weather is coming and it should meet you all ready for what it has to offer. Take care...

Hey Marchies!!1Its been a long time.. To tell u the truth iv been avoiding coming on here because ive been to emberressed with myself.. Ive gained 35lbs.. and am hirrified... ive been very depressed and unmotivated.. ibut i recently got a fill and signed up for the gym and a personal trainer and my loving and supportive bofriend said he is going to been getting on top of his health too.. he has started doing some running and promised to help me avoid eating the crap that i have been...i have a little motivation right now .. in 2 months im going camping with him and his family.. and i need to look good i a bathing suit in front of him.. and we are talking about movng in together and starting a life together .. which may mean wedding bells... there is no way i wanna be a plus size bride...so lots of things to motivate...i also got laidoff last month so things have been hard...hope everyone is doing well.. best of luckJeni

Hey Marchies!!1Its been a long time.. To tell u the truth iv been avoiding coming on here because ive been to emberressed with myself.. Ive gained 35lbs.. and am hirrified... ive been very depressed and unmotivated.. ibut i recently got a fill and signed up for the gym and a personal trainer and my loving and supportive bofriend said he is going to been getting on top of his health too.. he has started doing some running and promised to help me avoid eating the crap that i have been...i have a little motivation right now .. in 2 months im going camping with him and his family.. and i need to look good i a bathing suit in front of him.. and we are talking about movng in together and starting a life together .. which may mean wedding bells... there is no way i wanna be a plus size bride...so lots of things to motivate...i also got laidoff last month so things have been hard...hope everyone is doing well.. best of luckJeni

Hey Jeni. I understand about not coming back cause you haven't lose and not kinda fallen a bit. But, you did come back. So, to me you will start again and get back on track. Yeah, it'll take some time, but you push till something happens.

I too just got back on track. You said you just got laid off. That's even harder. Not much movement if you just stay home and do nothing. I want to suggest this website and products. I'm using it again and seeing much results and have seen the testimony of some people who have used them.

Herbalife.com. The Core Product is expensive when your funds is low. So was mine when I bought it. Or if you can just purchase the Formula 1 that's a start. Just read up on all the products there is something that'll help. You already know what to do as far as, what to eat and your portion control... Do you have a food scale? I still tell people that's what started me in controlling my portion amount.

Come back we understand what you're going thru for we are going thru it ourselves. Hey, when you start using the products and see your own results, you may become a distritutor and sell to your family and friends. If not, like me just get the products at a discount.

Come back on. Even if you only read the post of others. Just don't stay away so long. We could of motivated you to get back on track. Maybe that is why other and I at times don't post.

Well, let me know what is working for you.

really i would rather avoid any weight loss supplements for now...

Just thte basics Portion Control, good food choices and excercise..

off to a good start today went to the gym and worked out with a trainer.. my mom is payin for 8 sessions.. so it will work out well..

now im headed off to go ride my bike around the nieghborhood and then talking my dog for a walk/jog with one of my best friends..

i might as well put all my free time into excercising..rolleyes.gif

ive had 4 glasses of Water today already, so half of what i need..

so overall.. im doing ok

thankx gwen

That's great to hear. Your Mom helping you out with a trainer. And 8 sessions, and what you have lined up, sound like you're off to a good start. My daughter who is not working also, is using this time like you to lose weight. She registered at the college to take some classe and have access to the gym. And it's working out for her.

So, keep up the good work and with the Portion Control as well as your Protein intake. And come back, even if only you and I post. Okay, take care till you next post.

Good for you Jeni!! Working out at the gym and runing and riding your bike!! You are superwoman!!

I am getting back on track AGAIN!! At least I didn't gain a boat ton of weight since I fell off the wagon this time. I am doing my Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch and eating right for supper. Well that is the plan for now since I just started again yesterday! I did really good yesterday. I did 1/2 mile walk before work and another 1/2 mile at lunch! For Snacks I had apples and some weight watches string cheese (only 50 Cal). The Protein Shakes that I got are Meal Replacement shakes and they did keep me satisfied. We will see what today brings.

lool... u think im super woman.. lol my legs are super sore today!!!.. so only took a mnice long walk around the park ith my doggie.. but doing super good with food... eating protien protien and more protien.. no room for junk food

HELLO ALL!!!

I know there aren't many of us left from this group, but I thought I would still leave an update while I'm here. I went through a slump for quite some time with my band. The first year was great, but year 2 and 3 was very discouraging. I was back and forth with fills and gaining weight. At one point I even thought I had a leak?!? After I while I just gave up and stopped going back for fills because nothing seemed to be working. I decided to work with what I had. Year 4, things have really turned around. I still have not been back for a fill in well over a year. I started taking phentermine in January of this year. It helped control my appetite and I lost 10lbs. I was happy with that. I was exercising, but not consistently. In the past 3 months I started taking classes at the gym instead of working out on my own. The classes have really made a big difference!!! I started out doing Zumba. I lost a few more lbs but nothing significant until I started taking a Body Pump class. Then the weight just started melting off and I lost another 15lbs. I am now 4lbs from goal. I do Body Pump 3x a week and Zumba 1 day a week. I still take phentermine, but I scaled back to every other day. I am now scheduled to have my Tummy Tuck on September 30th. I told myself that I would not have it done until I was closer to my goal weight and now I'm almost there. I am very nervous about the surgery because I know it will be very painful. I am still very grateful for my band. I don't know where I would be without it!

At 4 years banded, I know most of us have experienced some trying times at one point or another as I have read in your posts. Hang in there ladies, it can get better. I had to step out of the box and try something different to get things moving in the right direction. The band only took me so far. Even if you don't go any further, just think about where you COULD be as Karen stated. Be proud of yourself for coming this far because we have come a long way!

Be blessed ladies and take care!

Tammy :-)

Hey there everyone! My other name was "neveragain" before this. It's been a while!

I'm happy there are some people still around!!

A little update of what's going on in my life:

I got down to 200lbs in Jan of 2008 and I was loving life. I met my, now wife, shortly after that and, with little surprise, I've gained a lot of my, what I like to call "happy pounds", back. lol. I've been stumbling trying to get back on the horse, but I hope that I'll get back on soon!