Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats been the hardest thing for you to give up

I don't really have foods I cant eat. I choose not to have bread, crackers, Cookies, chips (even low fat) because they trigger me to over eat. However if I'm at a family dinner I eat a half a slice of good bakery bread.

coffee and diet pepsi!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys i was just wondering whats been the hardest food for you to give up mine has been coco peppbles lol sounds weird but i use to eat a box at a time : / lol

OMG>..i love Pasta too..but, the troubling thing is is that since I've been banded, I've only eaten a little but not so little that it has caused a drastic weight change. However, I suggest if you want to get good results you have to leave those foods alone. Focus on foods with high nutrients and that way you won't go wrong. No need to track calories..I learned that that stuff just gets frustrated so I realize..if I'm conscience of everything that goes in mouth..I don't have to worry too much bout anything coming back out directly after consumption. You get me? Ididn't want to get to graphic for those of us with weak stomachs lol..but, overall I'ma junk food junkie and a Pasta fanatic..So, these are the things still to this day I'm striving to leave a lone..but, first things first is setting goals..I'm going or working on a 40 day fast of staying committed...which includes:

Leaving soda, junk, and pasta alone

Drinking plenty of Water

Making sure to excercise at least 3 (cardio work outs) days a week and possibly two days of small strength training

Track weight loss and measurements.

Find a job as this fast encourages my weight loss along with my spirituality..or strengthens my relationship with God, honestly you can't have one without the other..cause God will see you through this difficult process..take it one day at a time..and don't let one days mess ups become an annual thing....start over and over until you can't start over no more and just decide to STICK WITH IT! Good luck everyone! God bless

The hardest thing that I have given up is pasta! I love pasta! Pasta everything...but, my band doesn't like it! It has been a blessing in disguise for me though. My body hates sugar/carbs and pasta is full of both. Sooooo, while I miss it, I am much better off without it! ;)

My biggest discovery over the last 16 months has been that, while I do not 'officially' have a wheat/gluten allergy or sensitivity, they are the direct cause of all of my cravings...most likely because they cause an immediate reaction to my insulin levels. It was only when I finally rid myself of these items (bread, Pasta, etc.) that the cravings went away and my blood sugar lowered to the point where I could get off my insulin. While I don't crave them, I do miss them because, for me, having 'just one bite' isn't an option because I know it will set off immediate cravings.

Like someone wrote above, I miss sandwhiches. I see people eating them and am jealous of how "normal" their lives are and how abnormal mine is. Yes, I do feel sorry for myself sometimes. There, I admitted it.

The other thing I would love but can't digest it is ICE CREAM. Lordy, I miss that! I think my Mom gave me crusty bread to chew on when I was teething and ice cream in my bottle. Those are my weaknesses and my absolute favorite things to eat. Alas, I can't eat either.

I miss bread, pizza & Dr.Pepper. I have had a bit of whole wheat Pasta but not the same without my hot spicy sausages. No turning back!

Steak, - I just cant tolerate it - and im almost 1 year banded... i do miss it to this day, but im better off w. out it... and bread, ,, bread just gets stuck - its not even worth trying...

I second the BEER... Everything else goes down fine, and even though there is a bit of diversity about carbonation, and beer doesnt hurt my tummy,I'm gonna live without it. Anyone for some shots???!! :)

Romaine lettuce!!!!! I love, love, love my big salad at lunch and dinner but the doctor said to wait until I am 4-5 weeks post op before trying the lettuce.

I have had to give up bread because it gets stuck. Which is a wonderful blessing since my body and carbs don't go well together. But I just want a tuna sandwich and I tried it topless (the sandwich, not me :P) and even that doesn't work. So I miss it, but my body is gonna kick a$% without it!!

Romaine lettuce!!!!! I love, love, love my big salad at lunch and dinner but the doctor said to wait until I am 4-5 weeks post op before trying the lettuce.

I have had to give up bread because it gets stuck. Which is a wonderful blessing since my body and carbs don't go well together. But I just want a tuna sandwich and I tried it topless (the sandwich, not me :P) and even that doesn't work. So I miss it, but my body is gonna kick a$$ without it!!

Diet Coke. I haven't had one in 20 months. I miss it very much!!!

Cheri

I haven't really found anything that I can't eat, but I choose not to eat Pasta, bread, chips, etc (other than the occaisional bite) because those types of carbs are not my friends. I thought I would miss them more but I really don't...I also thought I would miss diet coke but I did have a sip of one the other day and it didn't really taste that good. One thing that I have found is that I have been able to have "one bite" of certain things that I want...i.e, if my husband is eating pretzels I will have 1 mini pretzel and that is enough to satisfy my craving for it, or the other day at a Mardi Gras parade everyone in my family (except me) was eating cupcakes so I had one small bite of one and that satisfied me. I know it is completely mental but if I let myself have that one bite I don't feel like I am depriving myself...

i am a sweet nut. so my sweets are what i miss. i do find alternatives to give me the sweet taste. my big thing is when i get a really bad craving i get me a glass of FF milk and mix my Protein with two sweet n lows and a dash of vanilla. Sweet smooth and filling.

i was telling someone the other day. I gave up smoking almost 10 years ago. i gave up cokes (caffeine) about 6 years ago. now since the lap band i can not fall back on food for comfort. So what do i do when i stress. food was such a huge part of my life and now it is not.

Good luck to everyone!:D

Sandwichs, I love me a sammie. I am still able to eat some bread, but not freshly baked soft, mmmmmlike Subway...ahh man I want a BMT!!! OH yeah and an ICE cold BEER!!!