Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've Lost 157 Pounds After Lap Band Surgery!!!!! Yay!

You're stunning! Congratulations on the success! Like others in this thread, you're an inspiration!

Wow, You look Great !! Thid is very motivating for me, I just had my surgery 12/30/2010 and have only lost a little. But I am now ready to work harder to get to my goal, thank you.

I had my surgery on 2/11/09. As of this morning, I've lost 157 pounds. I started at 300 pounds and this morning I weighed in at 143. I am 5'7". My surgeons office told me I hold their current record for most weight loss with their lap band patients. My BMI that started at like 46 to 48 is now 22.4, which is in the normal range btw. :) I used to wear a size 26W/28W or 3x/4x. I just bought a pair of extra small scrubs pants and a small shirt. I also just bought a pair of size 6 jeans. NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD I HAVE THOUGHT I COULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THIS! YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! IF I CAN.... ANYONE CAN! This tool has been a miracle for me. I love my life.... although it's been a crazy two years. You really learn who your true friends are. I am a different person..... inside and out.

183287_1906042809406_1191840453_3295613_7129011_n.jpg184323_1906043649427_1191840453_3295618_7949039_n.jpg

you look great. I have lost about 108 lbs I feel great. I know you feel great keep up the great work.

GIRL YOU LOOK GREAT, IF IT WASN'T A SIN I WOULD BE J.IM PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Absolutely incredible! You must be enjoying the smaller and new clothes too! You look absolutely fantastic and 20 years younger than your before photo.:waytogo: :welldone: :coolB:

You look fantastic!!! My hats off to you. I was banded in Nov. 2006 and i have only lost 50lbs and still struggling. I have had fills and unfills. I have also had esophagous dialiation, had to have all my Fluid removed and I felt like a failure. I was so stressed out I got shingles, what a nightmare. Since December 2010 I have not been back to the doctor I was really discouraged, but I am going back. I have to do something I have gained about 15 lbs since and am really depressed.

The reason I am writing to you is that your story is very inspiring and I was wondering what you actually did to lose the weight.

I was not ever told how to eat and what to eat. I think I was a ginnie pig back in 2006 and they were just starting out.

Do you have any pointers you can give me , I am in desperate need to some help.

Thanks

Forgot to add that I haven't had any plastic surgery as of yet. I am currently looking into it though. I desperately need my abdomen and breasts worked on. So we'll see.

seriously?? I was going to ask......I have lost about 125 lbs in the last 10 months, and am starting to hit the wall a bit...I work out about 2 hours a day, but could never see my bat wings or my apron disappearing like yours have appeared to...great for you!! I started out a bit larger, my bmi was 54, and I was about 366...and down to about 240....I still have a bit to lose but I'll get there, even if its slow!! thanks for posting!

If i may ask, have you had any cosmetic surgery? Are CONGRATS!! you deserve it.

I had my surgery on 2/11/09. As of this morning, I've lost 157 pounds. I started at 300 pounds and this morning I weighed in at 143. I am 5'7". My surgeons office told me I hold their current record for most weight loss with their lap band patients. My BMI that started at like 46 to 48 is now 22.4, which is in the normal range btw. :) I used to wear a size 26W/28W or 3x/4x. I just bought a pair of extra small scrubs pants and a small shirt. I also just bought a pair of size 6 jeans. NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD I HAVE THOUGHT I COULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THIS! YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! IF I CAN.... ANYONE CAN! This tool has been a miracle for me. I love my life.... although it's been a crazy two years. You really learn who your true friends are. I am a different person..... inside and out.

183287_1906042809406_1191840453_3295613_7129011_n.jpg184323_1906043649427_1191840453_3295618_7949039_n.jpg

Wonderful!!!!! You look amazing.

Congrats!!! You look GREAT!!!

Wow..... I'm overwhelmed by all the sweet comments. Don't feel like I deserve all that, but thank ya'll so much!

To answer a few questions..... I don't really count calories or Protein anymore. I did very consistently for the first year. It got so I could eat so little that I didn't really see the point in counting calories, because I knew that I would be way under my proposed calories. I have problems with solid Protein, chicken and steak mostly and eggs. I have lost lots of hair. I used to have really thick long hair. I can now see my scalp. I'm sure this is probably a protein issue. I don't really know what to say as far as secrets. I just can't eat very much. I've got 6.25 or 6.5, can't remember which, in a 14 cc band. I went every 6 weeks or so for the first prob 6 - 8 months. Then I began to get restriction and spaced it out. I've never had to have any unfills, although I thought many times that I would have to. I always waited it out and usually the extreme tightness will resolve within a few days. I've noticed that I did lose most of my weight within these extreme tight episodes. I've noticed I would lose say 4 -5 pounds and then nothing for a while then more then nothing. With that being said, I am, to me very restricted. I usually literally have bites and I'm done. Not full but uncomfortable and if I don't stop I'll end up being sick. I've learned that It's much more pleasant of an experience to just stop while you're ahead. Some days are better than others and there really seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. I have noticed it is tighter when I'm stressed and when my stomach is irritated. I honestly don't exercise a lot. I at one point was running about 3 miles a day, but have slacked on that alot.

Plastic surgery..... I've had none. It's amazing what clothes can hide. I have the most issues with my apron and with my breasts. It's actually pretty extreme. When I show people they usually say "I would have no idea that you hid that under there". It's really amazing what I can tuck in those little jeans. lol I recently had a plastic surgeon consultation. I was hoping for insurance approval for coverage on my abdomen, but was denied. I was very disappointed. My skin hangs below my mons pubis. I know hard to tell from the pics, but trust me it does. Sooooooo since the abdomen alone is $5000 and the breasts are $7000. I think I'm gonna have to wait a while. Gotta save some money.

Thank you all again for all the kind comments. If there are any questions that I've overlooked, please ask again. I'll do my best to answer.

WOW!! It is so nice to see such a great succes story. Being a newbie, I hope to be banded on April 29th waiting on ins approval, sometime this site can be a little scary. I find myself having second thoughts, with all the problems I read about. Then to see a story like yours, You are a true inspiration, and I know in my heart that I am doing the right thing, for ME. Thank you and CONGRATS!!!

You look amazing!

wow, you look great, I too currently weigh 300 lbs and am thinking of getting the lap band. my dr says he will do it for me if I want. I am scheduled to see a surgeon. How hard is this on you emotionally?

Congrats!

I was wondering if you can expand on the feelings you mentioned about you now know who your 'real' friends are.

I have been debating on who to tell.

My husband knows and is beyond supportive. I have told one friend who had it done and she told me not to do it. She said she would have not done it if she knew about all of the issues she would face, i.e. flipped port, emotional changes.