Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyways Im 22 and have a daughter who loves to eat pizza! I have found myself finishing the pizza that she does not eat!

I doubt you've done any damage since many of us have doctors who have us back on solids 2 weeks postop. However, you should be following your doctors postop orders since only he knows how he put in the band, whether he tacked some tissue around the band to help prevent slipping, etc.

Since you're only 22, I'm assuming your daughter is young and, as much as she likes pizza, I'd stop bringing it into the house since it is such a temptation. Look at it this way...you have the perfect opportunity for reshaping your daughter's food habits while reshaping yours. :)

The motivation your craving needs to come from yourself. Stop looking for others to help you.

You have a problem with food, you need to address your head issue with food. Try going to a support group or read books that may help you get back on track.

Good luck,

For many people, this *is* their support group.

Don't worry, you haven't even gotten a fill. Once you start getting fills, I doubt you'll be able to eat pizza much. After finally getting some restrictions, I've found that breads are kind of not worth the trouble of having to chew it 5 billion times so it goes down, and even then, it can gum up the works if you will. After a few stuck episodes and chest pains, you will adjust to the new lifestyle. Don't worry about anything before getting fills, you don't have any restriction. My fills culled my hunger a lot. I usually don't even NEED to eat unless its been 5-6 hours between meals. It'll get better.

Wow I am gonna say some people have tried to beat you up on here and I thought this was for support!

Anyway I was banded in Dec and my doctors have told me that you will feel hungry until you hit the sweet spot when it is time for a fill. Also you have indeed healed and you are back to normal. I would urge you to call the Dr and let them know how hungry you are my Dr took me of mushies and put me on solid for a week then we did my first fill.

Not trying to brag but my Dr's travel the country teaching for both lapband and realize band and have been a center for excellence for years. These Dr's have never once badgered me about "cheating " or being hunger. This is a tool and you will learn by trial and error how to use it!

You did not stretch your stomach overnight and you will not shrink it over night!

Keep your head held high and remember you can do this.

Oh one more thing when my kids are finished eating I immediately throw the food down the garbage disposal. Also while they eat I clean the kitchen or something. My husband says in some ways I have turned my food habit into a cleaning habit! Ha

Good luck it is a hard with little ones but be prepared! Also have a game plan.

So glad you posted this! I'm sure I should'nt say this I was eating pizza while reading this thread. Is it cheating or is it a choice. I chose to eat it and will eat accordingly for the rest of the day. I am almost 5weks post opp and just had my first fill last week. While I'm not saying you should eat pizza all the time I think that a little treat every now and then isn't so bad.

I love this site b/c it is my primary place to go for support. I appreciate all and any input. We all come from different places and have different ideas of what weight loss and healthy living means to them.

Don't be so hard on yourself. No one can be perfect ALL the time. Just do your best and take it one day at a time...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Peace~

Ally

Dont dwell on the cheating just move forward... Like it has already been said we all cheat at times :) I was banded on the 28th of last month so you have a few days on me and I was having the same issues, I can eat anything and moved into solids and was super consurned so I joined this forum for answers I got some good some bad. But I ended up going to the Dr on friday and he reassured me with me eating solids everything was still fine if solids kept me satisfied then eat them but only the size portions aloud he said the reason for being able to tolerate things easier was that (in my case) my stomach hole is the same size as before so it will allow food to pass the difference between people is that some swell, some dont, some are worse than others...I didnt swell so its very easy for me to tolerate foods as well including pizza :) He told me im ready for my first fill just dont want to bother my port yet so we want to let it heal a little more so im due for my first fill on the 25th. This could be your case as well but only your dr can tell you that :) Good luck and keep up the great work.

I was terrified to do anything other than what my doctor recommended. The only thing I can tell you is that you worked SO hard to get here...and your body is still healing. Please go back to your mushies and believe me...pizza is NOT going to agree with you in the future. Don't learn that the hard way! LOL