Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled for March 31st! YAY! :)

I cant wait to get my surgery done.. Im so done with my crappy health. But question... After surgery, is it way hard to only eat Soup and liquids since you dont get your first fill for a couple weeks? Im really nervous of getting way hungry... Thanks :D

Hello Red and welcome to the group. I am having surg on the 31st also, you mention something I didn't even consider yet, just looking forward to my new life. Welcome to the group of MARCHing bandsters!!

Hi Red! Congrats on your surgery date I remember when I got my surgery date and

how excited I was, you must be over the moon! =) Everyone is different of course

but it was not hard fr me right after surgery to stick to what the docs wanted

me to eat. Honestly I was much too focused on the pain from the surgery to care

about what I could/could not eat. Not that the pain was unbarable or anything, I

am just a bit of a baby lol. I also did not find myself very hungry after

surgery at all. Any hunger I did have was all in my head. If you can conquer

head hunger than you are ahead of the game, it's a tough one and I'm still not

completely there. Please keep up updated I want to know how your surgery goes

and everything! Good luck!

My surgery has been scheduled for the 31st as well! I was so excited when I got a date! I am trying to get a head start and lose a few lbs before I go in, not to mention, try to get myself used to this huge life change! Congratulations!!!

I too am scheduled for March 31st! I am so excited! I was told to lose 10lbs by surgery date... I am determined to try my hardest to get this 10lbs off. I will keep u all in my prayers! March 31st is OUR time to shine! I wish u all the best of luck and hopefully by summer we will have a remarkable difference in our health!

You guys are great! Thank you for your support. Im so excited we have the same surgery date Woo! :) And thank you Lady LapBand, your so sweet. Im a baby too haha, Im so nervous to get my fills?? I hate needles blink.gif But it will be so worth it! Thanks everyone!

Hi RedSparkles11,

My name is DeNesha and I was just banded on 2/24/2011 and to just be honest I have had many thoughts of eating and cheating lol, but the after surgery liquids isnt bad just consume 64 oz of Water and dont forgot your Protein. You will be fine. I did cheat :unsure: being that I have been on liquids 2 1/2 weeks (just being honest) I felt so bad emotionally because I cheated but then I had to rethink the situation. My surgeon placed me on a pre-op clear liquid diet 1 week before surgery and then 2 weeks liquid diet post op.. Good news is I have only until this friday to move to soft puree foods!! YAY!!! I go to the doctor today to have my staples removed and I am so excited and more anxious about fills.(in a good way) Also please look out for creative ways to incorporate Protein into the liquid stage.... sugar free DaVinci syrups are life saver, they have so many flavors and when you mix these syrups in some vanilla Protein Powder its amazing!!!!!! So good luck to you and keep us posted!!

I cant wait to get my surgery done.. Im so done with my crappy health. But question... After surgery, is it way hard to only eat Soup and liquids since you dont get your first fill for a couple weeks? Im really nervous of getting way hungry... Thanks :D

First off, congrats on your surgery date!!!! I know how excited I was to get mine and now since I'm 6 days away I am NERVOUS but ready for it.

Do you have to do a liquid diet??! I only ask because since I've been on one I feel like I'm going to be prepared for the 2 weeks of liquids after surgery. Either way I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck!!!