Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Hey Bandsters..i was banded on Thursday...yay!

i wrote my story under the heading Surgery Day stories...i am too tired to go find the link..but the whole story is there.

i am great!

hugs and best of luck to you all!

bandedkitten

My surgery is on Monday, May 23. I am very excited, but this 2 week liquid only diet is kicking my butt. I wish everyone a lot of success.

Im may 17th, NEXT TUESDAY WOO HOO! Been waiting 5 years for this day to come! Thank you God!

Nervous and Excited!

Congratulations, 5 years is a long time to wait.

Me too! I had to do a two-week liquid diet.... SO TIRED OF LIQUIDS! Haha! Good luck with your surgery! :)

When you were on your 2 week diet did you ever slip up & eat healthy regular foods?

My surgery is on Monday, May 23. I am very excited, but this 2 week liquid only diet is kicking my butt. I wish everyone a lot of success.

Have you slipped up on your 2 week diet & had regular food?

I need feedback on anybody that has strayed off the liquid pre-op diet. Does it affect your chances for still having surgery?

I think we all have some kind of pre op diet mishap. I've been on a liver reduction diet since January 5, and will be banded Tuesday (omg). By no means did I follow it to a T. From what others have told me, doctors know we're human and therefore not perfect. Don't beat yourself up if you stray. Just get yourself back on track and remind yourself how much better it will be after surgery. Good luck!

As for the pre op diet, I was only on it for three days before my surgery. Then the day before my surgery they asked what I have been eating. I told him just liquids for three days. The doctor felt around my liver and told me to go have a meal. rolleyes.gif I was pretty happy about that. He said I wasnt as large as some of the patients that they treat. I guess my liver was the size they wanted it. I wont torment and tell you what I ate. But it was like it was the last meal I was ever going to eat.

It just makes maneuvering your liver easier if it smaller.

I'm scheduled for May 25th and SOOOO excited!! Finally will be able to soon feel good in my own skin!! I have about 108 lbs to lose to be at ideal body weight and hope this time next year I will be there or close to it. Yay, we all rock!! =) Good Luck Everyone!!!! :D

Hello

I am scheduled to be banded on May 28th. I am only required to diet 1 week prior to surgery. I have gained 8 1lbs since scheduling my surgery date 30 days ago. Anyone else gain before the pre-op diet?

Queenie, I gained 20lbs since I started this journey in Jan, but as long as I dont gain while on my liquid diet then im good. It happens sometimes.

I am getting banded on May 27th....it's coming up quickly! I just had my preop with my general practioner and next week I will have my appt. with my surgeon. Very nervous, but I know in the long run this is what I need to help me get healthy. I am hoping to lose about 75 to 80 lbs.

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.

Hello

I am scheduled to be banded on May 28th. I am only required to diet 1 week prior to surgery. I have gained 8 1lbs since scheduling my surgery date 30 days ago. Anyone else gain before the pre-op diet?

I did. I gained 4 pounds before my liquid diet of 3 days. But I already lost those 4 pounds since my surgery Wednesday.

I didnt diet before I figured I ate what I wanted because after the surgery I knew I could for a very long long time. So I say enjoy but just dont over do it.

Hi All, I'm going to be a 'May-bander' also. My surgery is scheduled for this coming Saturday - May 21st.

VERY exciting.

Like some, I've not had to do the pre-op diet, however after some reading, I've chosen to do 5 days of liquids.< /span>

Now to work out how to add one of those lil weight-loss countdown thingy majigs you all have on your messages!

May 31st 2011 is the big day to make me little :P

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.