Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded March 9th.....a little nervous

I'm super excited and a little nervous all rolled into one. I start my pre-op diet Wednesday, March 2, and get banded on March 9th. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous, I guess it's just the unknown. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions and am hoping to find support here as well as giving support to others.B)

I'm getting banded the day before! I sooooooo know how you're feeling. I start my pre-op diet this Sunday. Tonight I'm diving into a nice prime rib...I feel it may be my last one for awhile! LOL! Hang in there...just know you're not alone.

Thanks Jim!!

I'm getting banded the day before! I sooooooo know how you're feeling. I start my pre-op diet this Sunday. Tonight I'm diving into a nice prime rib...I feel it may be my last one for awhile! LOL! Hang in there...just know you're not alone.

My insurance finally approved my surgery today, after 6 long months of nutrition & evaluation, I completed all the requirements and my big day is April 29!!!! Im glad I found this forum!!!

My insurance finally approved my surgery today, after 6 long months of nutrition & evaluation, I completed all the requirements and my big day is April 29!!!! Im glad I found this forum!!!

Thats great news! It'll be here before you know it. My boss had the band put in on 7/7/2010, today he told me that it's the best thing that has ever happened to him. Great to hear 5 days before mine goes in!!

I am right there with you all. I will be banded on March 8th. I am pretty calm, have not told anyone, this forum is my support and i love it. Best wishes to everyone and i will post right from my notebook soon as i wake up.

It looks like we are all about to begin the next phase in our lives. I'm glad I got on here today because I am feeling kinda weak due to the clear liquid diet I have been on for 5 days now. I've been feeling a little down today. I keep telling myself only 2 more days and then it is surgery day. I can do this! We can do this!

Jim, Starzz and Parker, I'll be watching for your posts to see how you are doing!

I just got banded on the 4th. The procedure itself was a piece of cake, The past two days have not been that bad either. I have had some pain but nothing too bad. Just sip your liquids and try to walk and be active. So far so good.

Good luck. It will be worth it. I found the first couple of weeks after surgery very difficult...I was hungry, mostly head hungry. I have never regretted my band and I am personally thrilled with my results....

Surgery was a success. I don't feel horrible, but I don't feel good eiher. I'm not hungry because I have been nauseous. I'm not really in much pain, I just don't feel great yet. I know it's coming though. :)

Sarabi, how are you doing/feeling? My surgery was on the 10th, I'm still pretty exhausted and sore, head hungry but doing fine with it. I know we can do this thing girl!!! Let's stick together, Bren

Hey Parker, how are you feeling? Seems we all picked a great week to get on the 'band'-wagon. I understand your not telling anyone. Eveyone knows I've had surgery, just very few have the info on what or why. I didn't find this website until the night after surgery when I was totally freaking out. I'm glad we aren't alone. I got support right away that night, and I come back here very often throughout the day just so I don't feel so alone. Reading the reminders, walk, sip, take it easy no one is exactly the same helps. Ive only had Clear liquids since the surgery, but may try a Protein shake today to regain some energy. What are you doing????

Bren

I am right there with you all. I will be banded on March 8th. I am pretty calm, have not told anyone, this forum is my support and i love it. Best wishes to everyone and i will post right from my notebook soon as i wake up.

I don't know anyone locally who has the band, so it's nice to have you all out there with comments on how this can be a success.

How are you feeling? What things have you been doing? I'd really like to join this little March surgery cluster/group. It'll be fun to see where we all end up, and to have encouragement throughout the journey.

Bren

Thats great news! It'll be here before you know it. My boss had the band put in on 7/7/2010, today he told me that it's the best thing that has ever happened to him. Great to hear 5 days before mine goes in!!

Hi Bren, I'm feeling better every day. I realized today that some of the gurgling going on in my belly is actually hunger pains. LOL I am not telling anyone about my surgery either. The only people that know are my husband, a friend who also had it done, and my sister. I just don't want the judgment that comes with it. None of my co-workers know except my one friend who I also work with.

I have been trying to walk a lot and move around as I am going back to work tomorrow. I don't get to start Protein shakes until Tuesday. I can hardly wait as I am starving.

How are you doing?

Sarabi