Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where do I get a restaurant card?

Does anyone know a website to print out those restaurant cards so you are allowed to order smaller meals? I had one in my book but the link is non-existent! Thanks!

Does anyone know a website to print out those restaurant cards so you are allowed to order smaller meals? I had one in my book but the link is non-existent! Thanks!

I got mine from my surgeon... they gave it to me when i started to eat solids

Got mine from the surgeon as well. I find that most of the childrens menues are not very interesting or even healthy. I wonder if you could try to use the card to buy off the Senior menu. I have also noticed that often the healthy options on menus are actually smaller portions. I think it's because those foods are more expensive than frozen fried food that they just heat up. I don't eat out as much as I used to but I divide my meal either mentally or physically into two portions and take half home.

I got a card but have rendered it entirely useless. It's more of a assle than anything and the kid's menus are probably the unhealthiest meal options available. Fried chicken tenders, burgers...yuck. I find that I just order a normal meal, portion it out, and take the rest home.

Yep, kids menus are all mac & cheese and fried chicken strips, grilled cheese...

I just eat a portion of a regular meal, and take the rest home or trash it or someone else eats off my plate. Or yes like said above lots of restaurants have the lower cal menus and those are normal size portions. I don't know about everyone else but I don't eat like 1/2 cup of food, I still eat a fairly regular amount. Obviously not the overinflated portion, but I eat enough to warrant purchasing an entree.

I lost mine way back but a couple times I asked the waitress if I could order from the Seniors menu and explained why. Usually they say no problem. Sometimes they had to get a manager but then the manager approve it. I think they figure when they see a fat person wanting to order off the seniors menu, they must be telling the truth cuz we wouldn't normally choose to eat less. :blink:

I also got mine from my surgeon's office and agree with what everyone else said about the children's menu. What I have found to be helpful is to ask if I can order a lunch sized portion when I am out for dinner. Lunch portions are much smaller and thus far no one has refused my request (and they haven't even asked to see the card...I just explained that I had WLS and they agree to let me do it). The other option is to order a dinner portion, ask for a to go box when it is served, set aside the portion you should have and box up the rest. You will be able to get 1-2 meals out of the leftovers...

i don't think it is right that anyone has to explain why they want a meal off the old people menu that isnt right you should be able to order what you like

I got mine from lapband.com when I signed up for my landband.com journey. You put your information in and they send you a card in the mail.

https://www.lapband.com/en/mylapband/my_profile/idcard/

it asks for a temporary ID # but it says if you dont have it to call them and press option 6 and answer questions about your surgery and they will send you one.

Just chiming in that mine came from lapband.com as well, I filled out the info and they mailed it me. :) I have never needed it so far, but it sits in my wallet and is good to know it is there in case I ever do have need of it.

You can only get it from lapband if you have the "lapband" brand. If you have a different brand, you won't have a valid ID number. My band is a Realize band and the ID number has a different number of digits so it's not valid. It doesn't matter anyway, you don't need the card because legally restaurants do not have to honor it. I say patronize the restaurants that let you order off of whichever menu you choose and don't patronize the ones that won't.

www.lapband.com

www.lapband.com

Here you go! http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/restaurantcard.html

Edited by TexasFire

I got mine in my packet from the surgeon's office, but I think it was from lapband people.I have never used it. I am over 55 so I can eat off senir o menu. But, don't mostly if I feel like I can't et much, I order an appetizer. A lot of the restaurants I go to have 1/2 meals, and if not I immediatley ask for a box after cutting what I think I can eat off, then I boz for take home the rest. I usually don't have hubby with me, so he gets my leftovers!