Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones is going to be on 20/20 tonight talking about her weight loss. Thought some of you might be interesting in what she says.

I just saw the show, OMG, she did everything, but admit she'd had surgery of some type. I don't think I missed it, I was playing Spades on Pogo, but she did admit being a spoiled person during her wedding. I just knew she was going to admit it tonight, but unless I missed it she never did, ERR!

She just doesn't want to "own" it. I heard someone say that she has said that she doesn't want to be a poster child for a procedure than can be deadly to some. I think she is just copping out. I mean come on the woman has lost 150 lbs.. if she was able to do it on her own .. why didn't she do it years ago? I think it's sad if she is ashamed of having surgery.

I understand not telling anyone. I told few people prior to surgery. But, my girlfriend had RNY 5 years ago, and so many people kept asking her what kind of diet she was on or how did she lose weight she finally just told everyone.

People are nosy.

I really struggled with telling people, though, because part of me was ashamed for having to do this. I felt like a failure.

that is the best thing I have heard yet on this board!!!!! I am actually printing that out and putting it on my refrigerator.

To all of you who feel like a failure for having surgery...I watched a show on WE the other night called "woman and their secrets" or something like that and I saw two woman who were anorexic who's whole lives revolved around food!! One girl binged and then would work out for hours at a time, the other just did'nt feel worthy of eating because she felt she was a terrible wife and mother.....I don't know about you but I don't have those kind of issues, that seems to be much worse than having WLS? But it bothers me that some people think it's such a drastic measure to lose weight!!! Yes it does make you feel like a failure, because those people are already skinny and you (we) are made to be the weak, fat, out of control people. you know the "lazy" people....

am I out of line here? Just wondered....

Kim

UGH she really bugs me. For ages she was the poster child for overweight women, Luv your fat!!! Then she loses all this weight and won't own up to having surgery. It really makes me think poorly of her. Not the greatest example for her loyal viewers who think that they too can just drop 150 pounds with out surgery.

jen

...I watched a show on WE the other night called "woman and their secrets" or something like that

I recorded it and plan to watch it again. I am most like the heavy girl...Food=Love and hubby was cracking up laughing watching her family around the table. "That is YOUR family!" he said.

I told him I am actually just like the woman who wouldn't eat because she feels unworthy, but exactly opposite. I eat when I feel bad about myself because I want to feel better, too. She feels better being punished, I feel better being fed. By the end of the program, though, I lost touch with her. She was much much more inhibited than I will ever be. Is that a good thing ;)

As for Starr, she had surgery, or she'd have denied it. And she needs to gain some of that weight back. She doesn't look happy anymore. :cry

I agree she has a right to keep it to her self, BUT not use it to get Media attention or sell her book and on that 20/20 she implied that her book was about her journey and that it would include her weight loss which I have been told she doesnt tell in her book either.

I guess she thinks people must have forgot but back in 2003 she did tell and she did have Gastric Bypass, it was not only on Entertainment Tonight but also that NY Post had an article in 08/25/03 that stated Barbara Walters was thinking of doing a documentry detailing Co-Host Star Jones Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I think she had the lap band, don't you guys? She looks a little too meaty to have had gastric bypass. I'd bet on the band.

The reason she is not telling people is because of the almighty buck $$

She wants the media to keep interviewing her and people talking, how else is she going to keep herself in the limelight? Lets face it, no one is beating down her door to star in movies, so this is her way of keeping herself in the news (our faces).

I think she looked prettier with a fat face, but I'm glad for her she got healthy.

Her new book came out yesterday. Same day she was on Dr. Phil and 20/20. I actually don't care how she lost the weight, just don't be dishonest about it. The american public watch you.

And she looks better with a little meat on her, IMO.

I thought she was a gorgeous fat woman and looked better then than now. She's probably healthier now, but you're right...she doesn't look happy and have the sparkle that she used to.

Emily