Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad news and probably short lived good news

Bad news? I have been laid up with the respiratory flu for the past two days.......fever, chills, sore throat, headache........

The probably short lived good news? The scale was down 5 lbs today.

I am sure it is because I have been on Clear liquids for 48 hours but hey---I will enjoy it while it is there!!!

I am supposed to go for a fill first thing tomorrow morning. I am not sure if I should or if I should re-schedule.

Sorry your sick. I don't know what I would do if I was you. If you are pretty hungry Iguess I would go in for a fill even though your under the weather. Good luck and feel better.

If your illness involved barfing I would put off the fill as your tummy is very sensitive. Otherwise I agree with the poster who said if you are hungry go for it.

By the way, sorry you were sick, but congrats on your 5 pound loss!!!

Mimi

No barfing.....just the respiratory crud.

I am going to see how I feel in the morning. I had a fever again today but it is gone now.......I really could use a slight fill.....

Do not get a fill! I had respitory issues a few weeks ago and had to get an unfill. I was so miserable...couldnt breathe (cuz I was sick) and couldnt eat....cuz the respitory issues made my band so tight. I would def wauit til you are better. Get well soon!77

I agree, I would not go for a fill. Besides, I am not sure your surgeon will fill you. You are doing great without. But, if you are feeling hungry, reschedule your fill for after you feel better. karen*kll724)

Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Awww...that sucks being sick! Hope you feel better soon! I personally wouldn't get a fill until I was fever-free for 24 hours w/o medication and it would suck if someone else got sick at the dr. office from you being sick. kwim?

i'm just getting over bronchitis and my nasal drainage was causing me major nausea. i've been surviving on liquids too for the past 7 days AND i hit my goal weight lol

i'm sure i'll gain the 5 pounds back as soon as i start eating again but it felt SO nice getting on the scale and knowing i'm finally "normal" according to the BMI chart!!

i hope you feel better soon!

Well, I didn't get a fill today....it was rescheduled for 2 weeks from now. I did go into the office though because I was the first appointment of the day and it is hard to call in advance and cancel.

I am down 9.5 lbs since my last fill a month ago---I know I will gain some back when I start really eating again.......

Thanks for the advice everyone.......and wash your hands! This crud is horrible.