Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm banded...

Hi All,

I'm here but just checking in to let you all know that I made it. Smokey, how did you type a full report with your humor, post op?

I am day two post op and I'm okay, better than yestereday at least...

Word of advice to those who are going in...BRING HEADPHONES. The constant beeping will be blocked out with headphones. My roommate had them and I wish I had done the same.

That's my word of wisdom...

Back when I'm feeling better... and someone keep up the good luck wishes that I used to send based upon the feb roll call!

hUGS!

Hi All,

I'm here but just checking in to let you all know that I made it. Smokey, how did you type a full report with your humor, post op?

Word of advice to those who are going in...BRING HEADPHONES. The constant beeping will be blocked out with headphones. My roommate had them and I wish I had done the same.

Back when I'm feeling better... and someone keep up the good luck wishes that I used to send based upon the feb roll call!

hUGS!

Glad to hear you are okay and banded!! Thanks for checking in with us!!

Thanks for checking in and i wish you a speedy recovery. It'll be nice when you (and I) can get to real food and watch the pounds fall away.

Best wishes

Tom

Praying for you to have a speedy recovery!! I am so very excited for you and can't wait till it's me posting that I have been banded (Feb. 22nd). Hope you are up and about soon.

Hi All,

hUGS!

:lol::lol: Seriously...that's just soooo my personality...Seriously, I could be in the hospital after someone stabbed me or or something like that..and I'd be cracking jokes about it... saying..good thing he missed my throat..cuz we need to go out drinking after this shit..:lol: that's typical Smokey personality..

I'm glad you are feeling better! What constant beeping did you have?? All of us had our own private room at the hospital....sucks you had to share..but it would have been nice to have someone to talk to who had the same thing done..

Hope you are getting lots of rest hon!! HUGS!

Glad it's over and done :)

Take it easy the next few days and don't overdue it... U will pay like I did ;(

Keep in touch!

By the way... Any of u read the post about naming ur band??? I'm thinking mines gonna b MUNCH...lol.. Since my munching days r over I'll still have munch to remind

me ;)

Glad it's over and done :)

Take it easy the next few days and don't overdue it... U will pay like I did ;(

Keep in touch!

By the way... Any of u read the post about naming ur band??? I'm thinking mines gonna b MUNCH...lol.. Since my munching days r over I'll still have munch to remind

me ;)

No I haven't seen that thread..I'll have to look for it. Is there a reason they gave to give it a name?? Just curious..

I'm thinking it's because it's a new "part of you" and some r wanting to have a little fun with it... If I read it right the suggestion may have come from one of the docs... ?

I'm thinking it's because it's a new "part of you" and some r wanting to have a little fun with it... If I read it right the suggestion may have come from one of the docs... ?

That makes sense..I'll have to look for that thread! Thanks!

JustPlainTired ~ Hope you are healing quickly and comfortably! How are you feeling in general? I've been rescheduled for 02/22, so I'll get to stay a Feb '11 bandster. :) I'll need to remember to pack my iPod and headphones -- great tip! Well, rest up and hope to hear more from you soon! (((HUGS)))

Hi Everyone, I am a Feb bandster, too...just Feb 2008, not 2011. Glad to see all the good attitudes!

I named by band Bandit back in the day cause at the time he was stealing meals from me! Now he is behaving like a good band. You'll find they have their own personality, and sometimes talk back!

Wishing you all speedy recoveries and healthy futures.

Hi Everyone, I am a Feb bandster, too...just Feb 2008, not 2011. Glad to see all the good attitudes!

I named by band Bandit back in the day cause at the time he was stealing meals from me! Now he is behaving like a good band. You'll find they have their own personality, and sometimes talk back!

Wishing you all speedy recoveries and healthy futures.

Congrats to you. Question for you... what have been some of your staples as in food through this process. Do you still drink Protein shakes? Have any favorite recipes, etc?

I can't wait till I'm at your point!

Congrats to you. Question for you... what have been some of your staples as in food through this process. Do you still drink Protein shakes? Have any favorite recipes, etc?

I can't wait till I'm at your point!

Hi Smokey, thanks!

I keep shakes around but they aren't a common part of my diet. My surgeon prefers I not drink my calories. (Let's keep the beer between you and me, ok?) I drink them if I am just too busy to eat something, if my band is irritated after a bad stuck episode, or I am otherwise bored with my diet. My biggest problem with my diet pre-op was Portion Control, so my diet hasn't change a whole lot other than how much I eat.

My favorite breakfasts are oatmeal, graham crackers & Peanut Butter, and Cereal. Lunches are sandwiches, salads or an half an entree from the cafeteria at work (I put half away for the next day). dinner is some kind of meat, veggie, and a little starch. The only thing off the menu permanently is chicken breast. It just gets stuck too often to try any more.

My surgeon is not against snacking, as long as it is not brainless eating. My Snacks are usually fruit, cheese, or yogurt. Sometimes a treat like a some cashews or almonds. Extra special is some chex mix...yum! Gotta have the treats in life!

On weekends DH and I often make Breakfast, mine are now cut in half, but I still have eggs and taters. Half a slice of bacon, no toast. We also go out quite a bit. We either share, or I order off the appetizer menu.

To me it was important to not dramatically change my life, if that makes sense? The surgery was a huge change, and I have cleaned up my diet for the better with adding more fruits and veggies. I've cut down on fast foods, but I did not eat them a whole lot to begin with and I can still have them from time-to-time. Nothing is off limits. My choices are better. But I still eat meals with my hubby. He was not interested in a huge change to his diet, so we've made small changes over time, and it's worked for me. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar show that what I am doing is working! Along with the size 10 clothes in my closet! :lol:

Hope you are healing up and losing fast!

Denise thanks for posting that. I have really been wondering what people eat and it seems to vary so much. I see a lot of people saying they go the no carb route and just don't imagine myself doing that. My portions are what gets me as well. I'm not a huge snacker. Good to see that it is possible to do well with Portion Control and also healthier choices!