Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

almost passed out and got sick

So I'm 10 days post op and one of my incisions the glue came off and I looked at the incisions and could see a tiny hole at the top of it and I abt lost it. It was horrible my fiance had to get me a cold rag because I just knew I was abt to pass out and get sick. All I kept thinking was omg I can't get sick I can't get sick if I do wat if my band slips! Ugh that was horrible. If I saw anyone else I would be fine but when it comes to myself that was bad. I can take getting shots all day but when it comes to taking my blood or seeing something like my incision no thanks!!! Now is it okay to put neasporin or however u spell it on that spot now?

I was told no neasporin but there is another type of ointment, i cant remember the names of the two they told me to pick from. Sorry wish I was more helpful then that. Sorry the incesions and that impression on you! My hubby helped me clean mine out for a couple days and everytime he put ointment on them I just made this awful face cuz I didnt think it be painless lol

I keep my stitches clean with cool showers. So far okay, but they itch terribly! Called surgeons office and said no creams on them and to try to get through it. I pat them which helps a little. The biggest incision is the one that still hurts and itchs the most. It is where they put the band in. Otherwise I'm doing well. I can't tell yet if its pain or that I'm full, but that incision always feels like a dull pain. If I feel anything I stop eating drinking my stage 1 foods. Its adjustment, but I think I'm doing great. I really feel I'm going to be successful with my new band. Thanks. Gail

I'm sorry that happened to you hon!! I have staples... do most people have stitches??? I don't see anyone talking about staples..except for me..:lol::blink:

I wouldn't put anything on it. Just keep the incision clean.

I would call your surgeons office to be sure, but I would keep the site dry and clean and covered. I had skin glue on my surgical sites and several of them came open. I cleaned them, applied Neosporin, and kept them covered. It worked out ok. I just did wound care as I had been taught in nursing school and a wound care seminarl. The nearly passing out thing, has anyone ever told you that you have vaso-vagal syncope? It is a reflex syncope (syncope is passing out) that people often get in response to phobias such as needle sticks and blood draws. For some it is more complicated than that, but that is another story. Best thing you can do is take slow deep breaths and try to relax your muscles. Also good idea to lay or sit down before having anything done that could cause the problem. Safety first and all that.

If your incision looks gross enough to make you almost pass out, maybe you should have it looked at? Mine haven't every really looked gross. I had glue too.

The glue came off one of my incisions early too and it was "open" in that the edges gaped on the outside but were together on the inside. Totally freaked me out. I went in and had surgeon look at it (it's safer to do that, because you don't want it infected). He had me put neosporin on it and keep it covered with a bandaid. He also gave me antibiotics, but I think that was more because I was freaking out that it might get infected.

He was completely unconcerned. I was the nutcase :) By the way, it looks fine now-- a little thicker than my other scars but otherwise healed fine.

I had the steri-strips on my incisions & the doctor removed them at my 1 week post-op appointment, no muss no fuss :)

Birdgirl I will have to look into that I'm prolly a person who has that I can handle needles and shots but when I gave blood to redcross a couple yrs ago the site of how much blood they were taking out of me made me pass out and get sick and every time I get blood drawn I have to make sure not to look and to drink juice while they do it cuz I get rly hot and sweaty and freak out. I can watch blood or anything else on anyone but myself. My incision is doing great I called they said just keep it clean and I can use neasporion. My incision only freaked me out cuz like stateofzen said it was open alittle bit on the edge and I could see that which made me freak out and get all hot and crud. Thanks for everyones advice can't wait til next Monday I get my first fill!