Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Feiz the disappearing surgeon!

Glad u are feeling better!!!! Tell Tony to call Tyrone when he start calling you..LoL... Take Care

LOL. I most definitely will! Thank you.laugh.gif

Venting is allowed. Glad things are better for you! Also glad you clarified for any potential patients of the doctor.

Get darts and a pic of the ex and enjoy! cool.gif

That's crazy. I completely disagree with the notion that surgeons are there to perform the surgery and that's it. My surgeon visited me 2-3 times before surgery to help me relax (and I met with him 4-5 times preop). He then came to see me while I was in the ICU. He also made sure that the hospital arranged for a private room for me. And then once I was transferred to that room, he came to see me there and also again before he left for the day. And then he came to see me the next day before I was discharged. All of my follow up appointments have been with my surgeon and no one but my surgeon has ever done any of my adjustments. And honestly, that is my expectation and anything less would have been unacceptable to me. If my surgeon went AWOL after surgery and I never saw him again and he didn't return my calls and emails, I would probably sue him and the hospital.

That's crazy. I completely disagree with the notion that surgeons are there to perform the surgery and that's it. My surgeon visited me 2-3 times before surgery to help me relax (and I met with him 4-5 times preop). He then came to see me while I was in the ICU. He also made sure that the hospital arranged for a private room for me. And then once I was transferred to that room, he came to see me there and also again before he left for the day. And then he came to see me the next day before I was discharged. All of my follow up appointments have been with my surgeon and no one but my surgeon has ever done any of my adjustments. And honestly, that is my expectation and anything less would have been unacceptable to me. If my surgeon went AWOL after surgery and I never saw him again and he didn't return my calls and emails, I would probably sue him and the hospital.

I couldn't agree with you more! That's all I wanted, but I guess it just wasn't the way things turned out for me. Now that I spoke to him I hope the journey is a lot smoother now that he is aware that I do need that added touch of support, especially if it's being provided to his other patients. Im happy you can relate. wink.gif

Venting is allowed. Glad things are better for you! Also glad you clarified for any potential patients of the doctor.

Get darts and a pic of the ex and enjoy! cool.gif

Exactly. Fact is I wasn't satisfied with the way I was treated, but Im satisfied with the way the surgery turned out. Guess I cant have it all everytime (shrugs)

Glad youre feeling better! I see my surgeon every four weeks for the first year. and i love it! This was why I chose him. He only does the lap band.and has a very successful practice.

As for the ex boufriend...he'll be sorry! ;)

Exactly. Fact is I wasn't satisfied with the way I was treated, but Im satisfied with the way the surgery turned out. Guess I cant have it all everytime (shrugs)

Sometimes the best surgeons are the ones without much of a 'bedside manner'.

My husband had an aeortic aneurism fixed this summer. He had had previous open-heart surgeries, so he was high-risk, and I was VERY worried. Anyway, long story short he nearly died on the operating table. The aneurism blew when they opened his chest and before they had him hooked up on the bypass machine. Thank God he was under the care of the best. He's fine now, and back to his old self.

I went on-line before the surgery and there were tons of negative posts about the surgeon's personality, or lack thereof... Fortunately I have friends and family in the medical field and they all told me that he was the best SURGEON to have. I realize that this is different, but I'd still rather have an excellent surgeon with no personality cut on me than a 'great guy' with less skill.

Glad youre feeling better! I see my surgeon every four weeks for the first year. and i love it! This was why I chose him. He only does the lap band.and has a very successful practice.

As for the ex boufriend...he'll be sorry! ;)

Thanks hun! I see him again in about 2 1/2 weeks for my first adjustment; at least I think the appt is with himw LOL. As for the ex, you are soooo right :lol:

So I had my surgery this past Tuesday 2/8/11 and that was the first time I met my surgeon Dr. Feiz and that was for all of 3 minutes. Since I woke up in recovery, I haven't seen or heard from him. No check up to tell me how I did, see how I'm doing, nada. I've called, emailed, left messages and still nothing. I feel so alone and lacking that much needed support. Ir was nothing like the experience others have claimed to have had with him. I am more than disappointed and frustrated and desperately wishing I had gone another route. I called his personal cell and one of the office assistant's answered! WTF. I don't know what else to do at this point :(

that sucks

i hope you are feeling better by now

my date is 2/23/11

i saw my doc for the second time yestereday

he was less than supportive but has a good rep as a surgeon

felt like i was a cow in his herd of fatties waiting to be cut on

oh well.........here we go

some people have been nice at the office

some have not