Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really...Seriously...Come On!

I use fit pal and I supposed to have @1200 a day but I'm only 2weeks and a few days out and eating 1/4 cup of food 4× a day. Its only giving me about 400 calories. Do this mean I'm not gona loose????

Well, before we were eating probably 3,000 or 4,000+ a day, so you will automatically lose some weight by cutting that in half... but you gotta burn off 7,000 calories to lose 2 pounds.

That is so incorrect. I do the everydayhealth.com. Today I had

B: Atkins Endulge Choc Bar

3 cup coffee with powder hazelnut Creamer

330 calories

L: Jillian's Choc. whey Protein 1 1/2 cup, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 banana

202 calories

SK: Fiber one chewy oats and carmel bar

140 calories

S: 3 oz. Sockeye grilled Salmon w/seasonings, 1cup grilled squash and zucchini

238 calories

Cleaned a house for client: 2hrs and 45 min (vigorous)

says i burned 340 calorie

so after all said and done I am doing 1000 calories and after eating and cleaning i used only used a little over 400 calories.

A 150 lbs moderately active woman in her 30s needs around 1,800 calories to maintain her weight.

I, at 237 lbs and consider myself lightly active (I prefer to underestimate), need 1,780 calories to maintain my weight.

So at 1,695 / week to lose 2 lbs would mean you're around:

• 345 lbs if you're sedentary
  • 300 lbs at lightly active
  • 250 lbs if you're moderately active

These are all based on a 5'4" height and mid 30s.

So let's assume you're 250 lbs and you said you are moderately active, your BMR would be 2,652 (the number of calories to maintain your weight).

So yes, Livestrong's calculations are correct. You would take off 1,000 calories a day to lose 2 lbs/week.

A side note, I've used their system for two years and have followed their recommendation of 1,300 calories / day to lose between 3-4 lbs a week and it is accurate.

Most people overestimate their activity level. To maintain your weight here are the calculations based on your BMR:

• If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  • If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  • If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
  • If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
  • If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Those trackers are also not taking into account that you had WLS. The calories are much less for us having had it. I am losing 2/3 lbs a week eating under 1000 calories. It has alot to do with what you are eating for calories. Are the good or bad calories.

I do a protien bar for Breakfast ( 2oo calories)

high protien lunch lunch meat iwth cream cheese and a fruit (150-200) calories

and then i am free to have a "normal" dinner at home with my husband and kids (400-600) calories.

I don't excersice much yet. but it is on my to do list. This is working for me. Again i watch everything i eat. Working out the carbs is my biggest struggle but i am happy with losing 2/3 lbs a week. :)

Can you up it to 1/2 cup? That's what I normally get in, and it's been working fine. :D

I use fit pal and I supposed to have @1200 a day but I'm only 2weeks and a few days out and eating 1/4 cup of food 4× a day. Its only giving me about 400 calories. Do this mean I'm not gona loose????

That is so incorrect. I do the everydayhealth.com. Today I had

B: Atkins Endulge Choc Bar

3 cup coffee with powder hazelnut creamer

330 calories

L: Jillian's Choc. whey Protein 1 1/2 cup, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 banana

202 calories

SK: Fiber one chewy oats and carmel bar

140 calories

S: 3 oz. Sockeye grilled Salmon w/seasonings, 1cup grilled squash and zucchini

238 calories

Cleaned a house for client: 2hrs and 45 min (vigorous)

says i burned 340 calorie

so after all said and done I am doing 1000 calories and after eating and cleaning i used only used a little over 400 calories.

No no, you didnt only use 400 calories. You also used in the region of about 1200 (for an average weight height woman, much more for an obese person) to stay alive for the day. Blinking, breathing, your heart beating, digesting, even when you're flat out on your back in a coma your body burns quite a lot of energy. The 400 calories is extra, so is all the little movements, the pottering around, walking from couch to fridge, through the supermarket etc.

when i weight my food out its usually between 2.5 to 3.5 oz so i know it wouldn't hurt to go to 4oz. I havn't been on the scale since i've started eating and i hope i dont do to bad. I do my protien and 0 cal drinks snack might be a pickle or sugerfree Jello or cheese (i know neither is protien but i dont like eggs peanut putter has alot of cals and very dry eating by it self and i like cheese but ive only used the "bathroom" 2x since surgery and that was with a softner) i plan to weight on Tues. so i well see what damage i done :rolleyes:

Can you up it to 1/2 cup? That's what I normally get in, and it's been working fine. :D

No no, you didnt only use 400 calories. You also used in the region of about 1200 (for an average weight height woman, much more for an obese person) to stay alive for the day. Blinking, breathing, your heart beating, digesting, even when you're flat out on your back in a coma your body burns quite a lot of energy. The 400 calories is extra, so is all the little movements, the pottering around, walking from couch to fridge, through the supermarket etc.

YAY!! Good to Know. Thanks

WantingToBeThing29acdcdad08dd97eb5a290d2eb0370ed.png?1297546498WantingToBeThing29acdcdad08dd97eb5a290d2eb0370ed.png?1297546498

when i weight my food out its usually between 2.5 to 3.5 oz so i know it wouldn't hurt to go to 4oz. I havn't been on the scale since i've started eating and i hope i dont do to bad. I do my protien and 0 cal drinks snack might be a pickle or sugerfree Jello or cheese (i know neither is protien but i dont like eggs peanut putter has alot of cals and very dry eating by it self and i like cheese but ive only used the "bathroom" 2x since surgery and that was with a softner) i plan to weight on Tues. so i well see what damage i done :rolleyes:

4 oz is not the same as 1/2 cup.

On the original topic..I am fairly sedentary and I maintain easily at around 1700 calories a day.

So you're saying 8 oz is not 1 cup 4 oz is not 1/2 and 1/4 is not 2??

4 oz is not the same as 1/2 cup.

On the original topic..I am fairly sedentary and I maintain easily at around 1700 calories a day.

8 oz is a liquid cup. All those measurements are for liquids. I prefer to weigh my food since weight is more accurate than measuring.

Hi relsiversea, I know those are the standard liquids but I use a food scale to weight my food. I also measured 1/4 cup of liquid minus the weight of the cup on the food scale and it still came out 2oz. She replied to my comment and told me 1/2 is not the same as 4oz but didn't tell me what it was. So what is 1/2 cup of food? I've measured and goggled and still coming up with the same thing. Just want to know what cocoabean is coming up with.

So you're saying 8 oz is not 1 cup 4 oz is not 1/2 and 1/4 is not 2??

8 liquid oz is one cup, yes. 8 oz weighed on a food scale is half a pound, not a cup. You said that you weigh your food and you could up it to 4 oz in response to someone asking if you could increase to 1/2 cup. That is not the same amount of food. Weight and volume are different.

That is what I was trying to say. It did not come out very well, sorry.

Still don't get your response but me saying I can increase my food from 1/4 to 1/2 mean I can go to 2oz to 4oz. How is that not right? How many oz of food do you get out of 1/4 cup when you measure on a food scale? You told me it wasn't right so what's right?