Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding in less than 24 hrs.!! Im so nervous

I justr received "the call" from the hospital leetting me know that I report at 10:30 a.m. to start the procedure. I am excited, nervous and scared. I know that I need this badly to improve my ife, I am resigned to t. I have never had surgery before so I am nervous about all of theunknowns. At the beginning of this process, I was very excited (still am), and its been a long year. I am on Clear Liquids, everything is going as planned, but still Im so nervous I cant stand it.

WOW YAY!!!! Congrats on becoming a bandster! The day I went in for surgery they came in to prep me and once they started wheeling me into the room I started CRYING BAD and told my husband to just take me home. He said no babe you will be fine and you know deep down you really want and need this done. The next thing I know I was in the recovery room opening my eyes to my husband sitting beside me and the nurse talking to me. This is a great adventure and surgery is going to go just fine. Good luck tomorrow let us know how it goes.

I got teary too but it was the best decision for me. It is totally normal to be nervous and its ok to have some emotions about what is going on. Just remember to breathe. You will be ok.

Welcome and Congrats! Yeah, it's normal to be nervous. It's great though, a new YOU is just around the corner. I was a bit nervous about surgey, but second guessing myself actually came AFTER the surgery for me. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow, am down 15 pounds already! Think about all the good that will come from this. A second chance at a happy life for me... Keep your eye on the prize and stay positive. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Keep us posted when you get a chance! :D

Welcome and Congrats! Yeah, it's normal to be nervous. It's great though, a new YOU is just around the corner. I was a bit nervous about surgey, but second guessing myself actually came AFTER the surgery for me. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow, am down 15 pounds already! Think about all the good that will come from this. A second chance at a happy life for me... Keep your eye on the prize and stay positive. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Keep us posted when you get a chance! :D

You will do great. I am right behind you in 2 weeks so Happy new day.....................yeah.:P

thanks for all of thw support. I will let you know how it all goes.

I had my procedure on the 9th so I know how you feel. The first day home was tough and the next day too. I found that I became sore in areas that had nothing to do with the surgery because I was using all different muscles to move. This morning I feel pretty good - still some muscle pain in my back. I am doing the clear liquids through today and tomorrow I can start shakes - yeah. I did try to have some broth too quickly and felt some pressure - so I learned to just go slowly. Have a good day and things will get easier. Best of luck!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOMORRROW WITH YOUR SURGERY. YOU WILL DO FINE. IT IS NOT BAD AT ALL. I FELT THE 2 WK. PRE OP liquid Protein shakes WAS HARDER. I WAS BANDED 1/17 AND LOST 30 LBS. SO FAR. KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS. :)