Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. My surgery was the 10th and I'm not up for much yet either. I am exhausted, can't consume anything but Clear liquids yet. I tried, but it didn't work. My tummy is swollen and when I cough I have to hold myself or I feel a pop and a tingling. It's scarey.

When it comes to your kids.... You have my support. My children are older now, but 5 years ago I fell and broke my leg at work. For 3 days I laid in bed and my 7 year old had to help me move. I had no support system what so ever. Over the next 2 years I had 5 surgeries. I lost a lot of precious time with my kids, a lot of mothering I didn't get to do. Everything around us deteriorated, and I went through some very depressed times. In pain and incapable.

What you can know for certain is this... what you and I are going through is much more temporary than say, a broken leg. It IS good for children to have some self reliance and independence from us. Sometimes it takes a tough time to make that possible. They won't be irreparably harmed from it, because as you succeed in your weight loss goals you will become an even more active mother.

Don't weight yourself down with guilt, just focus on the task at hand. There are so many people here you can talk to about how you're feeling. They know, and they can tell you, there is an end. Just try to heal, and be patient. Patience is the hardest part.

God Grand me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change

Courage to change the things I can

And the wisdom to know the difference.

You are doing all of that.

Bren

well said bren...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. My surgery was the 10th and I'm not up for much yet either. I am exhausted, can't consume anything but Clear Liquids yet. I tried, but it didn't work. My tummy is swollen and when I cough I have to hold myself or I feel a pop and a tingling. It's scarey.

When it comes to your kids.... You have my support. My children are older now, but 5 years ago I fell and broke my leg at work. For 3 days I laid in bed and my 7 year old had to help me move. I had no support system what so ever. Over the next 2 years I had 5 surgeries. I lost a lot of precious time with my kids, a lot of mothering I didn't get to do. Everything around us deteriorated, and I went through some very depressed times. In pain and incapable.

What you can know for certain is this... what you and I are going through is much more temporary than say, a broken leg. It IS good for children to have some self reliance and independence from us. Sometimes it takes a tough time to make that possible. They won't be irreparably harmed from it, because as you succeed in your weight loss goals you will become an even more active mother.

Don't weight yourself down with guilt, just focus on the task at hand. There are so many people here you can talk to about how you're feeling. They know, and they can tell you, there is an end. Just try to heal, and be patient. Patience is the hardest part.

God Grand me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change

Courage to change the things I can

And the wisdom to know the difference.

You are doing all of that.

Bren

I am scheduled for March 23rd.:) Still have a couple of speed bumps to get over but with a bit of luck I will be banded in 3 weeks. Start my pre op diet in one week!!!

Hi

Im scheduled for the 23rd to it was on the 24th but i had to change it. im on my 8th day of my pre op diet ( i've had a few hiccups fallen off the wagon a bit) but i've lost about 2kg so far. How are you going?

This is the same diet I had. It was easy peasy! I could not imagine an all liquid diet for 2 or 3 weeks....eek!

This is my 4th day on liquids and it is much better...I did have a frozen yogurt today...but i know I have been eating under 700 calories/day. I was never really a Soup fan to begin with....so I have been adding Tapatio to all my Soup to spice it up a bit. Goto my 4 hour nutrition class on Tuesday....Still looking for other people from the Los Angeles area around here.

My surgery date was March 10th. I am 3 days out and struggling a bit. But glad to be with a group of people taking the leap as I have done. This group has really been valuable to me!!

Go get em March people!!!!

Bren

Bren,

I hope everyday gets a little easier for you, I know it's hard with a family and the daily stresses. I think I am going to realize what it means to live in the momemt!!! We are all here for you!!!!

Joleen

Sorry if I start spouting stuff sometime...I'm a nurse and am in such a habit of teaching...

Dean have a fabulous trip to Mexico and we'll be thinking of you tomorrow (ok I'll be under for surgery too he he)

Hi!

My surgery is scheduled for 3/17/11! I have to do a 3 day liquid diet that I started this morning. I am so thankful I didn't have to do 3 week liquid diet prior to surgery. My diet consists of drinking skim milk, Protein drink, broth, 100% fruit juice - rotating these every 2 hrs. Ex- 8AM Protein Drink, 10AM broth, 12PM skim milk.......etc, etc.....no more than 6 oz at a time.....Actually., my Protein Drink is only 4 oz...... :(

I am excited and nervous. I am 34 yrs old, 5,4 and 225 lbs.....it is time for a CHANGE!

Jessica

Tomorrow will be my one week bandaversary. So far so good, still some pains in my lower stomach, not sure if it's muscles or intestines or what. First night last night that I didnt take any pain meds, some soreness in my belly when I turn over and laying in my left side. Haven't taken anything during the day for a few days. We were out and about yesterday and I had a little chili and cheese at sonic and some refried Beans at a mexican restaurant, I chewed them both really well and didn't eat much. smoothies and blended Soups have been my staple so far. I do a fruit smoothie in the morning, apple, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, kefir and Protein Powder and in the evening I do a chocolate Protein powder, banana, almond butter, kefer and/or greek yogurt, almond milk and flax seeds. Bought a blendtec so it's really smooth, no chunks.

I was very happy to have a great bowl movement yesterday morning and be down 3 lbs overnight. All that Fiber must be helping. We are heading too disneyland today, hoping I'm up for it we planned this trip months ago, before I thought about having surgery. I rented a scooter so that I don't wear myself out. Can't wait to go back when I'm skinny and in shape.

I leave tomorrow AM for Mexico. My surgery is the following day on the 15th. 2 weeks pre-op liquid diet and my hubbie says I am cranky today. Yes, nerves play into it. I am wishing a solid meal soon; I know it will be 3 more weeks away. Man, this is mind-over-matter! To quote Star Wars: "Let the Force be with you" I need to laugh it up!

I opted for a "sensable" bathing suit vs. something that was unflattering. I can only imagine wearing a bikini again and actually having a flat tummy! That is on my "Bucket List" for next summer!

I am fearful of the unknown-common side effect, excited for the future, and so pleased my dream has come to fruition!

I am not so computer savvy, but I hope to make up a blog and keep you all posted.

Thank-you all for the kind and encouraging words.:plane: Just a few hours before leaving for the airport!

I think you read my mind! That is exactly how I feel and think! Good Luck! We CAN and WILL do it!!

Hey all. Just want to say hii to all the new March bandster and a BIG congratulations to those who have had surgery already.

As of right now I am BEYOND nervous about tomorrow. I had a pre-op meeting this AM @ the hospital and I almost cried a few times. I know I'm prepared and that I can do this but I can't help but feel this way. Everyone is telling me "Don't be nervous" "Everything is going to be fine" easy for them to say.

Anyway (sorry it's the nerves talking) good luck to my fellow March 15th Bandsters (seems to be quite a few of us). Can't wait to hear about it in the next few days!!!

<3

I am four days post op now and I cannot wait to be able to sleep flat in my own bed again. I am usually a side sleeper, but I have been sleeping on a recliner since it is more comfortable. I tried sleeping in my bed, but it was too uncomfortable. It didnt cause any pain, but I just couldnt find a spot where it felt like I wasnt putting pressure on where my port is. I havent been in too much pain since the surgery, but I was taking meds just to make sure that there was no pain at all. Today is the first day where I havent felt like I needed any meds so tomorrow I will run to the store and stretch my legs.

Hey all. Just want to say hii to all the new March bandster and a BIG congratulations to those who have had surgery already.

As of right now I am BEYOND nervous about tomorrow. I had a pre-op meeting this AM @ the hospital and I almost cried a few times. I know I'm prepared and that I can do this but I can't help but feel this way. Everyone is telling me "Don't be nervous" "Everything is going to be fine" easy for them to say.

Anyway (sorry it's the nerves talking) good luck to my fellow March 15th Bandsters (seems to be quite a few of us). Can't wait to hear about it in the next few days!!!

<3

You're going to do great!

You're going to do great!

Thank you so much!

So far I haven't staeted to get nervous,,,just excited. But I haqve really been following you posts and have really enjoyed them. You are going to do just wonderful!!! When I get home Wednesday I will get out here, and we can compare notes!!! Will be thinking of you and all of the others who are banding tomorrow,,,we have a wonderful road ahead of us!!!

Rosie

<3