Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

YUP

im on for the 24th March, really nervous but excited, going to start pre-op diet on the 7th.

good luck everyone :P

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

I'm scheduled for March 8th and the Dr didn't mention a pre-op diet. I'm in Phoenix, and am doing the single incision.

i have mine date. Its the 14th of march now im on this liquid diet for Breakfast lunch and dinner man its hard at dinner but im ok at breakfast and lunch. Cant wait .

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

I am scheduled for March 23rd.:) Still have a couple of speed bumps to get over but with a bit of luck I will be banded in 3 weeks. Start my pre op diet in one week!!!

Hi March Banders! I am scheduled to have my Lap-Band surgery on March 24th. My surgeon is putting me on a 2 week liquid diet starting on March 09th, my hubby's birthday. I am being put on Chike, which I bought the powder right from my surgeon. I haven't tasted it yet but I'm hopeful. I haven't seen anyone post anything about Chike on here but if anyone's had or tried it, let me know what you think. Good Luck to everyone!! :D

Hello everyone. I was banded at 11:30 a.m. today. What a nerve racking day, but I came through with flying colors and no issues. I do have some wound discomfort tonight; hence I'm up reading about others. No nausea and I have had Jello, broth with a saltine cracker crushed, and a Protein shake and am very satisfied. No issues going down. For all you waiting for your upcoming day, good luck and it is an experience that will change your life. I learned, though hard to accept, I am the only one at fault for my weight. After years of yoyo diets I feel this was the right choice for me to get that "full" feeling and gain control of my weaknesses--FOOD.. and I will win and so will you..

I worked hard on my pre op diet and was lucky enough to lose about 22 lbs. I’m now at 307lbs and my goal weight is 220 to 230 depending on how thin i begin to look. My surgeon today said because of my adherence to the diet it made his surgery go flawlessly.

My pre-op diet consisted of **Lean Cuisine's- less than 300 calorie dinners- 15 g Protein. **Protein Shakes- Wal-Mart whey protein, chocolate great +, vanilla- flavored with strawberry and bananas. I mixed mine with Water to save calories and enjoyed a glass of skim with dinners. **water with sliced lemon/lime. Then I enjoyed all the veggies till my heart was content.(spinach, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms- you name it. Also put some cheddar cheese on when feeling drained and the occasional mixed nuts. I did have Pasta style lean cuisines with no issues on weight loss. It’s all low fat and calorie intake. I ate about 1200 calories a day but was allowed 1600, didn’t need that much. A great free resource for you to keep track and on iphone and computer linked is sparkepeople.com. I enter everything into that database and it does a great job assisting as well as Water tracking and exersice. I don’t drink coffee so my intake was diet Pepsi, we said goodbye a month ago. :( , but all my cravings have slowly diminished or have gone completely over the last few weeks. Mind over food.. not easy.

You HAVE TO WORK HARD, don’t give up or get frustrated. I have the mind set this isn’t a diet and its NOT.. I have been overweight for 15 years and feel like I now have the tool to take my body back.

If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

Just some facts, I got banded in Maine through the Maine Medical Bariatric program. Fantastic program.

I'm scheduled for March 8th and the Dr didn't mention a pre-op diet. I'm in Phoenix, and am doing the single incision.

I have never heard of single incision, please share more info. I thought it is generally 5-6 incisons.

I will be banded on Monday, March 7th :bananajump: Beyond excited. Have been on the 2 week pre-op diet and have done fine so far although starting to get sick of eating Soup. My mom is coming up on Saturday to help me out for a week. Have begun to go through my clothing and will be giving most of them to a friend of mine but keeping some while I am "transitioning" to the new me. Can hardly wait. This website has been a huge inspiration and a big help to me. I found my surgeon here, Dr. Ferrera out of Fort Worth. I go to the support group meetings every Tuesday night. Every little bit help. Well gotta go now. Gotta go make a Protein shake and then will have more Soup :smellie:.

Cheers :cheers2:

:welldoneclap:

I can relate to the soup thing. I am day 2 pre-op diet and find the chicken broth smelly! Maybe because I got organic? Only a few more sleeps for you and then the big day! My day is March 15th. Best of luck Meloveme!

I am finally scheduled for March 31st!! I could have gone in sooner but my work scheduled forced me to postpone it. :-( Either way...super excited. If anyone else out there is having surgery this day with Dr. Felix or Dr. Swartz office in Fresno, CA...let's talk!!

My date is the 31st too mzstephanie!! Good luck!!

I'm a MARCH BANDSTER!! My surgery date is March 31st! I can't wait... I'm so ready for a new me!!

Checking in to see how everyone is doing! I was originally scheduled for the 15th but the hospital had a conflict so I changed to the 16th. Being an Irish girl I like that my first full day of living the band lifestyle will be on March 17th!!

Hope everyone is doing well and yes....we are the MARCHing Band!!!

Congrats Bigkev!! How long did the surgery last? did you get released to go home right away?

Hi kelli0965. My surgery lasted about 45 minutes. I was out by 2:45 in the car heading home. Coming too was pretty painful because they did not have enough pain medicine in my system but it wasn't unbearable. A few pills and I was fine. I have five cuts on my stomach glued together. I was told I can start showing today just not soaking in baths yet. Today I'm soar but up and about. Bi have had no nausea or gas pains. Heading out for my walk even tho windchill is minus 10 here in Maine. Let menknow I you have any other questions.

I have never heard of single incision, please share more info. I thought it is generally 5-6 incisons.

Just means that you have one small incision instead of the regular 5. They just started doing them in November and I got lucky to have one of the doctors that does it.

This is Dr Simpson's website:

http://www.drsimpson.net/07_surgery_stories%20%28SS%29/1_SS_1/Single-incision-lap-band-surgery/Single-incision-lap-band-surgery-1.html