Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

When I go to my support group tonight I am going to ask about Knox gelitine-I know that you can make like a hard Jello that you can actually chew. I wonder if you make it with sugarfree jello if it is ok? It has no flavor on its own although it does have 25 calories per serving.

I start my liquid diet on 3-17...anyone found any good chocolate shakes. Has anyone tried the shakes from costco? I heard they were delicious. Going to try them today.

I picked up whey Tech Pro Isolate Chocolate from the Vitamin Shoppe. It is really good. Have mixed alittle Peanut Butter (1tbsp) and it really does taste like a Reese's PB cup, even plain it is really good. 100 calories, 0 fat, 2 carbs, 24 grams Protein

Gold Standard whey isolate Double chocolate is very good ( I buy at Vitamin Shoppe). Premier Brand Ready to Drink from costco is also very good (160 cal for 30 g. protein). I normally buy the chocolate but it does now come in vanilla which I tried once there and it was fine. Run Searches on here and using google for recipes. Fat/sugar free pudding powder and Davinchi sugar free syrups add lot of flavor. Also I froze Milk Cubes and blended my shakes gave them a nice frosty texture.

Going to my first support group meeting tonight. My DH even changed his work schedule so that I can attend. I keep telling him to look out more Overtime is going to be coming his way due to the fact I will need a new wardrobe soon. Now off to the gym before the kids get up. Gosh I really hate this mid-winter break - it messes up my morning routine. Have a good day everyone!!

So great to hear you have such a wonderful support system in place!! I had my first support group meeting last night and it was so refreshing to see family members there supporting their loved ones! Have a great workout! :)

Just got the word my Surgery is March 9th. Very excited. Feeling like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Begin my liquid diet tomorrow and have my Pre Op visit with the nurse.

Good Luck everyone!

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Hi there,

I've just finished up my 6-month supervised weight loss (per insurance company guidelines) and the last step in this process is my surgical consult later this month and pre-op physical. Woo hoo! My surgery date should be scheduled at the end of March. I looked into the band back in 2007, and wish I had done it then. But, no

looking back.... Looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life and getting to "know" you all. :)

Angie

Cedars Sinai Center for Weight Loss

Seminar Attended: August 2010

Psych & Nutritionist Consult: February 17, 2011

Surgery Consult: Febrary 28, 2011

Surgery Date: TBD

My surgery is scheduled March 9th. They gave me a 35 page of a diet with the proper foods from start to finish. I'm excited!!!!!!!

Hello MARCH!!!

I make it in March, yippee!!! I got the call yesterday! I am going to be banded March 28th, so here I am!! Good luck to e one!! I will write more later!

I am scheduled to be banded on March 4th at 1pm. I too am on a 2 week 800 cal. Opti-Fast diet (and failing horribly), I guess I wasn't as mentally prepared as I thought. Anyway, I have been eatting some broc. and cauli. each evening as a little something extra but had decided last night would be my last time doing this. I've been on the liquid diet since Saturday and have lost 12 pounds so that is a little something positive to keep me chugging in the right direction.

I am very excited to get on with this new leash on life and to finally escape this hold that food has on me!!

Congrats to everyone for making it this far and good luck!!

Let's go March!!!!!!!!

My surgery is scheduled March 9th. They gave me a 35 page of a diet with the proper foods from start to finish. I'm excited!!!!!!!

Wow 35 pages!! That's a lot of info! I have a 2 hour pre-op appt tomorrow with the nutritionist where she'll be going over the different stages of eating and should be getting all that great information to take home too!

Hi all! I am scheduled for March 15th. My consult is on 2/28 so I do not have detailed instructions as of yet for the 2 weeks prior.

I just wanted to check in and say that I am a member of the MARCHing BAND!! :)

Picked up a new Protein Shake mix after trying a similar one at the Dr.'s office. It is delicious!!!! 4EVERFIT fruit Blast the Ilsoslate TROPICAL MANGO. 24 grams Protein, 1gram carb, 100 calories The Vitamin shop has single serving sizes to try them out before you buy a big tub. Even my 8 year old liked it. Good conversation and alot of learning the other night at my support group meeting. If you need something "Chewy" you can make like Jello jigglers with the SF Jello, and the Dr. even suggested putting unflavored gelatine into the shakes and refridgerating-makes them like a mousse or so he said. Haven't tried it yet but will let you know when I do. Does anyone know how to update your weight on the weight ticker?? I am down a pound and proud of it. TTYL Have a great day all!!

Hi all! I am scheduled for March 15th. My consult is on 2/28 so I do not have detailed instructions as of yet for the 2 weeks prior.

I just wanted to check in and say that I am a member of the MARCHing BAND!! :)

Hi Elizabeth-I am scheduled for the 31st of March. I had the option of the 8th or the 14th but we couldn't work it out with my DH's schedule. Welcome to the MARCHing BAND!!!

I have my surgery on the 8th of March! I am so excited and nervous. I just got scheduled Tuesday and my doctor made no mention of a pre-op diet. Now I am getting a little nervous about that since everyone else seems to have one. They are all different too. I went ahead and got Soup, sf Jello, V8, broth, and why Protein Powder and am gonna start tomorrow on a liquid diet. I am going to call my doctor's office tomorrow and see if this was some oversite because he gave me a packet with lots of information about after surgery just not before. Didn't even tell me just liquids on the day before surgery! I did know that already though. I have over 100 lbs to lose and a goal of running a 5k without stopping in the next 2-3 months! Bring on the skinny!! LOL!