Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I can probably guess the answer to this question since my diet has changed and dramatic weight loss and trauma of surgery my period this month went MIA.. I know I am not pregnant but did anyone else lose there period the first month after surgery?

Nope. I was the opposite. Mine was MIA and is now regular (and light, love it!!!). I do believe weightloss can lead to all sorts of bodily changes. Maybe keep note of it but it's definitely common.

Ya... it all does funny things to you. I went through menopause at 45, hadn't had my period for 2 years and than got it 2 weeks after surgery. Just once, but kind of scared me. Good Luck on your journey!

Mine made an early appearance two weeks after surgery.....and then I had the other normal symptoms (boobs hurt and bloating) during the normal time of month but no appearance...

Mine came10 days after surgery - 2 weeks early!!! I also noticed I was in a lot more discomfort around my port and finally figured out I was just more swollen all over with regular PMS symptoms which usually make me more sensitive to pain. This makes me curious - has anyone found they have more restriction during their period or with PMS?

I was very irregular for years prior to the surgery, then pre-op i started having a cycle again, then after surgery i missed the first month. the second month after the band i became very regular. I haven't been regular in years!!!

Mine never did. I was always normal. I do notice since I've lost a bunch of weight, my hormones are messed up. Some days I can be mad at the world even if there isn't anything bothering or upsetting me. It's strange.

I am actually as of right now going through this!!!

I called my doctor and freaked out.

He said it was completely normal!

That the menstrual cycle was due to two hormones and when you have weight loss of any kind it kicks them off track. With my weight loss (20lbs in a month) it was completely expected!!!

I had mine early, for two days... three days later, it is back!

He said that the more weight we loss, the more fertile we become as well as the more regular our cycle becomes!

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty happy! My cycle was always crazy, knowing it will get normal is a relief!!!!

I had my period prior to my surgery..and then the until the day after the surgery.. I had a VERY long one.. Dr. Mora said it was because of the stress of surgery.. you might want to take that into consideration.. STRESS..

My last one ended a day or two before surgery. I'm due around the18ish. I am like clock work, so it will be interesting to see if it's still on track.

how I would kill for that .. got mine 2 weeks after surgery and still have it .. That was almost 5 months ago! Have an ultrasound Monday

yuppers...mine was out of whack for the first 3 months, but I've been back on track ever since (to the day).

Rebecca

I haven't had a period on my own for about 3 years now, and still have hav en't even though I had my surgery in aug 2010. I was just wondering if anyone has had no period and got it back? Last month and this month I have actually had signs, so I am excited. We want to get pregnant again, but my doctor said I can ovulate with out actually having a period. I am not suppose to get prego until may anyway.