Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Luck tomorrow 2/10 Banders!

justplaintired
Sign in to follow this  

Best wishes tomorrow to the following people!

2/10/11-JMH80 (Jackie)

2/10/11-Elle23 (I'm not sure what Elle23's status is right now but I didn't want to delete just in case)

2/10/11-Trns4md

2/10/11-TexasNurseMom

2/10/11-bigtom1948

I cannot wait to hear your surgery reports but I don't know when I will get to read them as I get banded the next morning!

'

Tom... I'm 2 days post op... My stomach feels like a tenderloin that went through a tenderizer... But is slowly improving... Hubby took me to the mall tonight and we walked around slowly for about a half hour... Hang in there!

I'm hoping to coach my 6th grade girls basketball game in the am... It's our last game of the reg. Season and we are 9-0... I don't want to miss it!

Thanks for the encouragement loozer2b and I feel your pain :blink: I am sure that the pain will subside as time goes by.It's just that the twinges of pain from the incisions whenever I move coulped with the general cramps suprised me in its intensity. I've been doing the walking and thats getting easier. Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow.

2 days Post-Op, surgery went very well. I haven't been in any major pain at all but I have really stayed up on my pain meds. No hunger pains and have dropped 5lbs. Hopefully I will get a chance to get out of the house today. So far no regrets at all and would do it again.

Two days post op and beginning to feel better now. Slept in the recliner last night and took the tylenol w/ codeen but havn't needed it since 7 am today. Felt up to taking a shower and that made me feel much better. Havn't eaten much but I have been pushing the fluids per the doctors instructions. No nausea or discomfort when drinking. Seeing the doctor Tuesday and will probably move onto full fluids and at last some real nourisment. Stepped onto the scale, couldn't help myself, 5 more pounds gone and thats at the end of the day after hydrating. So it might not reappear at least I hope that's so. To all the other tenth'ers hope you are doing well as well as all the rest of the Feb 2011 Bandsters.

Banded, not hungry, tummy feels like its George Foremans punching bag.

:lol: You're so funny! Congrats hon... hope you are starting to feel better...it's nice being in the hospital when you can get morphine...not so fun when you come home and all you have is Childrens Tylenol!:P

Two days post op and beginning to feel better now. Slept in the recliner last night and took the tylenol w/ codeen but havn't needed it since 7 am today. Felt up to taking a shower and that made me feel much better. Havn't eaten much but I have been pushing the fluids per the doctors instructions. No nausea or discomfort when drinking. Seeing the doctor Tuesday and will probably move onto full fluids and at last some real nourisment. Stepped onto the scale, couldn't help myself, 5 more pounds gone and thats at the end of the day after hydrating. So it might not reappear at least I hope that's so. To all the other tenth'ers hope you are doing well as well as all the rest of the Feb 2011 Bandsters.

Wait a minute..they gave you Tylenol w/codeine? Duuuuude...I got ripped off! :lol: We didn't get anything except told where to find the Childrens Tylenol at the store! NOT ROCK ON!!!:(:lol:

Wait a minute..they gave you Tylenol w/codeine? Duuuuude...I got ripped off! :lol: We didn't get anything except told where to find the Childrens Tylenol at the store! NOT ROCK ON!!!:(:lol:

Yeah Tylenol 3 is better than 4-5 teaspoons of childrens Tylenol thats for sure. My kids Dr. gave them Loritab which is a much more effective analgesic. Anyway its day four and I am pretty much pain free except if a move in certain ways. I am not hungry at all and have been taking in really small amounts of food. I guess that will pass as soon as the stomach swelling goes down. How is your appetite nearly two weeks out? Do you find that food is becoming more interesting? I kinda like the 7 pounds in 4 days drop but I know this is coming from muscle mass as well as some fat so its not a winner in that light. No weight training for me for at least another 2 weeks per the doctor. By the time I get back to the gym I'll be lifting kiddie weights :rolleyes: Oh well, It'll be OK in the end i'm sure.

Take care and hope that you are now Rock'in On

Tom

Tom ~ So glad to hear that you are doing well! Did your doctor only give you Tylenol 3? My doctor has already said that he will prescribe Loritab for 2-3 days post-op (I've been rescheduled for 02/22). Are you on a thin liquid diet for the first week and then thicker liquids the next? When will you see your doctor for the post-op exam? I think I will go about a week after the surgery for him to check the incisions and talk to me about how I'm doing. Well, I won't ply you with more questions. Take care of yourself and I hope you heal up fast! :D