Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of my new life...

justplaintired
Sign in to follow this  

I got samples from a local store and so far I like the ISOFLEX chocolate PB and Chocolate Mint. It surprised me because I thought I'd be a vanilla gal. I also tried Vanilla from Dymatize 100. In fact, I bought it but it is still sealed. I think I might exchange it for some of the ISOFLEX ones. I also tried Unjury vanilla, UNJURY chicken Soup. I was shocked that the chicken soup wasn't bad. It was a nice break from sweets, sweets, sweets. I tried some orange kind that was NAUSEATING. Literally made me want to vomit. NEVER AGAIN.

My thoughts on day two of this pre op diet is...hmmm, I thought Protein was supposed to make you not hungry? Ummmm...notsomuch. I feel hungry and unfulfilled. I remember someone saying get through 3 days and you will be fine and no longer hungry. I'm only one day two so I will reserve my judgement.

All that being said, I WILL NOT cheat. I know it is too important to do what the doc/nut tells me to. I won't go through surgery and only commit half-a##ed.

I can't wait until surgery day and the rest of my life!!:lol:

Yah, I think it's seems to be only real food Protein that makes you not hungry!:lol: Lots of people did say after day 3 it wasn't so bad.. never happened for me..but for you hopefully it does.. I never did stick to the full liquid thing.... but I wound up losing 8lbs since the first day I had my doc's appt... so that was good..especially because when I had some class thing and they weighed me..I was 6lbs more than what I was on my first day..so it's almost like I lost 14 since I had to relose those 6lbs. :lol: How is that ISOPLEX stuff? I lused to like Designer Whey the best..but it's been years since I've had it. I really like the Muscle Milk RTD ones... Wait so you only have to do the liquid diet for a week?? Girl, you'll be fine.. I think the 2 week thing is just wrong...and just not American! :lol:

I got samples from a local store and so far I like the ISOFLEX chocolate PB and chocolate Mint. It surprised me because I thought I'd be a vanilla gal. I also tried Vanilla from Dymatize 100. In fact, I bought it but it is still sealed. I think I might exchange it for some of the ISOFLEX ones. I also tried unjury vanilla, Unjury chicken Soup. I was shocked that the chicken soup wasn't bad. It was a nice break from sweets, sweets, sweets. I tried some orange kind that was NAUSEATING. Literally made me want to vomit. NEVER AGAIN.

My thoughts on day two of this pre op diet is...hmmm, I thought Protein was supposed to make you not hungry? Ummmm...notsomuch. I feel hungry and unfulfilled. I remember someone saying get through 3 days and you will be fine and no longer hungry. I'm only one day two so I will reserve my judgement.

All that being said, I WILL NOT cheat. I know it is too important to do what the doc/nut tells me to. I won't go through surgery and only commit half-a##ed.

I can't wait until surgery day and the rest of my life!!:lol:

Good for you, the temptation is really there but if your going to commit to the surgery then you have to start saying no to it. Gosh it is hard to do. Thanks for the critique of the IsoFlex and Unjury I plan on stopping by GNC today to pick up some protien powder and some Unjury clear protien for just after surgery. I really hope this goes well for us both I know, for myself, the greatest fear is failure. That would be really hard to deal with. Trying to stay focused but its hard especially when you consider the length of the journey and include the roadblocks set up by the insurance company. Sheesh, I made the decision in May 2010 and 8 months later It's close to happening. The decision wasn't a whim or snap judgement I really didn't need to wait that long. I think that it's just the insurance company wearing you down in hope that you'll give up but we'll both near the finish of the beginning, yea for us and all the others that have persevered and like MLK said "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize" :)

I'll tell you what's not American... watching the Super Bowl while sipping on a Protein drink. WTH?! I envy those who can indulge a little and never binge. I am doing this surgery to break my binge habit.

Damn, I just wrote a long paragraph and it disappeared. Why does that happen?

Yah, I think it's seems to be only real food Protein that makes you not hungry!:lol: Lots of people did say after day 3 it wasn't so bad.. never happened for me..but for you hopefully it does.. I never did stick to the full liquid thing.... but I wound up losing 8lbs since the first day I had my doc's appt... so that was good..especially because when I had some class thing and they weighed me..I was 6lbs more than what I was on my first day..so it's almost like I lost 14 since I had to relose those 6lbs. :lol: How is that ISOPLEX stuff? I lused to like Designer whey the best..but it's been years since I've had it. I really like the Muscle Milk RTD ones... Wait so you only have to do the liquid diet for a week?? Girl, you'll be fine.. I think the 2 week thing is just wrong...and just not American! :lol:

I'll tell you what's not American... watching the Super Bowl while sipping on a Protein drink. WTH?! I envy those who can indulge a little and never binge. I am doing this surgery to break my binge habit.

Damn, I just wrote a long paragraph and it disappeared. Why does that happen?

Damn straight girl...that isn't American :lol: OMG..I totally hate when I type a paragraph and it disappears...makes me so mad!!:angry:

Damn, I just wrote a long paragraph and it disappeared. Why does that happens

Amen to that sister! Although my Packers won, I dint get to party... In fact, I stayed home so I wouldn't be tempted... Totally would have loved to party it up that nite.. All said and done now... Got banded today ;)

I'm afraid it's that "American" type of eating that got a lot of us in this boat to begin with! LOL!!

:lol:

So I'll have to be a different kind of American, like the kind from the early 20th century. No fluffy foods!! (those are foods that make me "fluffy"!!) :P

How are you feeling Loozer2B?

Feeling extremely sore today... Ugg... I know it will get better though!! How about u??

weight.png

I'm anxious and nervous. I have to be there are 6:15, surgery at 7:30. I can't wait for it to be over with!

Feeling extremely sore today... Ugg... I know it will get better though!! How about u??

weight.png