Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you measure your salads???

I love salads...I eat 1 or 2 a day but I dont measure them, but i will measure any meat i put on it. So I was wondering if as bandsters we should limit the amount of veggies we have in a salad...

I can eat a really large portion of salad I dont get suck on salad that's why I eat it so often.

I used to, not anymore. I will measure my chicken and cheese, but other than that I just sort of eye the amount of lettuce and carrots I use. salad goes down easy for most people and some consider it to be a slider food but it always keeps me full.

I don't measure em if I do. I just don't like them though, it doesn't fill me up, and dressing is terrible for you.

Some dressing is fat free and low cal ....portion control with the dressing is key for me

I measure the cheese, meat and dressing. Most salads are sliders for me. I kindof use weight watchers plan - most veggies are "free" and you can eat as much of them as you want.

Some dressing is fat free and low cal ....portion control with the dressing is key for me

haha but it doesn't taste that great. I just can think of better things to eat than a salad.

Also be extremely careful if you eat a salad at a restaurant. They can have 2,000 calories.

haha but it doesn't taste that great. I just can think of better things to eat than a salad.

Also be extremely careful if you eat a salad at a restaurant. They can have 2,000 calories.

I love dressing but have really been good with moderating my dressing protion 1-2 tablespoons...Dressing goes along way if you just dip.

I don't measure anything, so that would include salad. I also don't count calories so I eat whatever kind of dressing I want. I eat salad sometimes, but not every day. Salads are not a slider for me and my pouch holds about 1/2 cup of solid food. That is 1/2 cup after chewing :)

I agree Zeniada... I used to dip my lettuce, but now I just dip my bare fork in the dressing then pick up the salad... It's amazing how much less you use. I used to wait tables and I couldn't believe how much dressing people put on their salads...especially here in the South...We LOVE our Ranch Dressing!!! I haven't added alot of salad back in my diet yet, but when I do... I doubt I will measure the lettuce and veggies. I have been using Romaine lettuce leaves for sandwich wraps...I can't do any bread...it always gets stuck...I've only tried whole wheat though....I can eat whole wheat tortillas!! spread some refried black Beans, taco sauce, shredded chicken on there yum!!...can you tell I'm hungry.... Does anyone eat popcorn for a snack... I just had some and it was wonderful. No problems with it getting stuck. ~ bamamom

yeah I eat popcorn dont have a problem with it...

I also use Romaine lettuce as a wrap for chicken sandwiches. I put low fat laughing cow cheese down the spine and squeeze on mustard. Yummy

I had a salad for lunch today didn't measure any of it, I made about 1/2 of what I would normally eat for lunch and ate most of it. I'm not going to measure my foods all the time. I might spot check here and there to keep my eyeballing on track but I can't see myself ever doing it daily.

I had my pre-op appointment today. Ate solid food for the first time today. My doctor said 2oz of Protein and 1oz of vegies for all three meals. So to answer your question, yes, I measure my salad, 1oz is not much. But it took me 40 minutes to finish my meal. I don't have a full feeling, but satisfied. I plan to weigh my food until I get used to seeing what it looks like.

Lisa

weight.png

I had my pre-op appointment today. Ate solid food for the first time today. My doctor said 2oz of Protein and 1oz of vegies for all three meals. So to answer your question, yes, I measure my salad, 1oz is not much. But it took me 40 minutes to finish my meal. I don't have a full feeling, but satisfied. I plan to weigh my food until I get used to seeing what it looks like.

Lisa

Of course always check with your doc, but I think if you are going to measure it should be by volume, not weight. 1/2 cup is 4oz in volume ......