Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op meeting with surgeon done sooooooooooooo

SMOKEY2112
Sign in to follow this  

I'm cleared for surgery on Friday! I'm really excited!! How fast that whole process was! One saturday night I found an old link about the lapband on my puter..started doing research...saw that there was an information session that Monday..called to get in on the info session.. that was 12/13/2010..got there early cuz I heard they hand out the packets in order of arrival with your 1st dr. appt in them.. got the 3rd appt of the 1st day.. that was 1/3/2011 and now my surgery is 1/28/2011..pretty damn quick I say!:lol:

I have no doubt that I'm doing the right thing and I'm really excited..but I do feel kinda stupid cuz I'm going by myself...I don't have anyone to go with me and everyone else does..so I feel kinda stupid about that..but I'll get over it! B)

Congrats to you sweetie, you have all of us to support you:)

Hey I have supportive friends and family, but there's nothing like people going through the same thing. Keep posting & turning to your new friends on here & you'll do great!

Good luck & make sure you tell us about your experience.

Thanks everyone!! Don't get me wrong I have awesome friends!!! My friends are my family..but I just haven't told really anybody...I've told only 4 people..lol a friend who lives in Florida..I live in Chicago, and 3 of my other friends... the one person who would come with me to the hospital.. my bff...just left for london 2 weeks ago to go to medical school. :( Honestly I wish my 9 year old was allowed so he could just come with me..:lol: I know I have support here and from my friends that know.. I just kinda wish I had someone to come with me....ya know?

Smokey, you are right, you WILL get over it!!! It will be just about the time you get yourself into a pair of jeans, look in the mirror, and say, "Dang, I make this look good!" :lol:

Truly though, you are my hero. It's a scary thing doing this by yourself, but I understand about your hesitancy in telling family. My parents are gone, but my sister knows, only b/c I know she'll keep it to herself. My husband's parents are still alive, as are all his siblings, and none of them know....nor WILL THEY...at least not right now. I love them all, but they can be very judgemental and stick their nose in where it doesn't belong. Thankfully my husband supports that decision 100% and in fact, suggested it LOL :P

So Friday, eh? All righty then. Hopefully you will have internet there at your hospital and you can check in with us.

i went by myself too! i went to 2 or 3 info sessions before i found my doctor. my surgery was almost 3 years ago but i don't remember feeling weird but now that you mention it, i might have been the only person that was alone. eh, it was worth it in the end! once i made my decision, it was pretty quick too. gives you less chance to chicken out : ) good luck!

Grrrrr...I just wrote a whole post and it vanished! Why does that happen sometimes?

Anyway, I wish you the best on Friday. I know you will be fine and I can't wait to hear from you!! Even if you are not up to typing up a real post, maybe you could just type a quickie on here that says..."I'm fine; more later..." This way we won't worry!

You did move quickly with the entire process. I forget, are you self pay? I was rather quick being that I started in December but you are amazingly fast!

About going alone...don't feel funny. I'm sure lots of people go alone. There are lots of us who, like you, haven't told everyone. I have told some people but only dh knows as far as family goes. I didn't want my siblings to have to keep a secret from my mom. I'm not telling my mom because I didn't want her to worry or to make ME worry more. Last year when I was considering the surgery my mother got all nervous and worked up about it. oy!

I'm cleared for surgery on Friday! I'm really excited!! How fast that whole process was! One saturday night I found an old link about the lapband on my puter..started doing research...saw that there was an information session that Monday..called to get in on the info session.. that was 12/13/2010..got there early cuz I heard they hand out the packets in order of arrival with your 1st dr. appt in them.. got the 3rd appt of the 1st day.. that was 1/3/2011 and now my surgery is 1/28/2011..pretty damn quick I say!:lol:

I have no doubt that I'm doing the right thing and I'm really excited..but I do feel kinda stupid cuz I'm going by myself...I don't have anyone to go with me and everyone else does..so I feel kinda stupid about that..but I'll get over it! B)

Smokey, you are right, you WILL get over it!!! It will be just about the time you get yourself into a pair of jeans, look in the mirror, and say, "Dang, I make this look good!" :lol:

Truly though, you are my hero. It's a scary thing doing this by yourself, but I understand about your hesitancy in telling family. My parents are gone, but my sister knows, only b/c I know she'll keep it to herself. My husband's parents are still alive, as are all his siblings, and none of them know....nor WILL THEY...at least not right now. I love them all, but they can be very judgemental and stick their nose in where it doesn't belong. Thankfully my husband supports that decision 100% and in fact, suggested it LOL :P

So Friday, eh? All righty then. Hopefully you will have internet there at your hospital and you can check in with us.

AWWWW thanks girl.. you are too sweet! Seriously, I'm not telling my family...I told my 9 year old but all he cares about is that I said him and his brother can order pizza on Friday when I'm not home..:lol: My oldest is 15 and teenagers have big ass mouths so I'm not telling him..:lol: Other than that it's just my p's.. and honestly I don't really like them all that much..:lol: All they care about is looks.. I've had to deal with that my whole life with my mother.. I was never overweight till after I had kids.. really my 2nd one.. now...every single time they see me.. they ALWAYS say "when are you going to lose weight?" They get on my damn nerves! They are SOOOOO ignorant!! They've said that I look like a Fat Scrub Woman before and when I lost my job a few months ago.. in a text my mother was saying how I wasn't gonna find another job unless I lost weight and improved my appearance.. and then she told me that if she was a boss.. she wouldn't hire me...and I quote"the fact is u look like a poor fat person" Yep.. my mother said that.. so fuck her anyway..:lol:

i went by myself too! i went to 2 or 3 info sessions before i found my doctor. my surgery was almost 3 years ago but i don't remember feeling weird but now that you mention it, i might have been the only person that was alone. eh, it was worth it in the end! once i made my decision, it was pretty quick too. gives you less chance to chicken out : ) good luck!

It's good see someone else who went by themselves.. and what you told me about about the "nagger" I can see why you went by yourself.. :lol: Good for you.. I feel alot better now!!! Thanks hon!!

OMG.. I totally hate when a whole post vanishes..drives me crazy! I actually started copying my posts when they are really long just in case..so that can just paste it if needed.

I'll remember to take my netbook with me and hopefully they will have Wifi so that I can get online.. I'll definitely try to post.

No way girl..I wish I had that kind of money they do to self pay...:lol: I went through a HORRIBLE divorce a couple of years ago.. actually it will be my 2 years Divorce Anniversary on the 29th.. but it took almost 3 years to get a divorce! Me saying that I was married to a bad person is an understatement.. I refer to my ex-husband as Scott Peterson #1 :lol: I went from a SAHM of 10 years who drove a BMW (we were together for 18 years...married for 10...I was with him from the time I was 17 till I was 35) to a single mom on welfare... ex-husband owes me like $30,000 in child support...but that's really nothing compared to him having 2 kids with someone else WHILE we were married..:blink: one of those kids is like 11 months younger than my youngest so in Nov they are the same age..:blink: but that's nothing compared to some of the other stories I could tell..:o:lol: So anyway :lol: I'm on Medicaid.. but it did go by fast.. I would never be able to get this surgery if I had to pay for it on my own so I'm VERY VERY lucky!

I know you didn't ask for part of my life story but I always feel a need to start telling it to explain why I'm so poor..:lol: I do go to school full-time.. so once I'm done with school, me and my kids will be A-OK!:D

Grrrrr...I just wrote a whole post and it vanished! Why does that happen sometimes?

Anyway, I wish you the best on Friday. I know you will be fine and I can't wait to hear from you!! Even if you are not up to typing up a real post, maybe you could just type a quickie on here that says..."I'm fine; more later..." This way we won't worry!

You did move quickly with the entire process. I forget, are you self pay? I was rather quick being that I started in December but you are amazingly fast!

About going alone...don't feel funny. I'm sure lots of people go alone. There are lots of us who, like you, haven't told everyone. I have told some people but only dh knows as far as family goes. I didn't want my siblings to have to keep a secret from my mom. I'm not telling my mom because I didn't want her to worry or to make ME worry more. Last year when I was considering the surgery my mother got all nervous and worked up about it. oy!

Smokey,

So THAT explains your fabulous sense of humor. It is always those who have had the toughest time who are able to joke freely. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with such a creep! I'm so very happy you are divorced from him (even if it means you are poor).

What are you going to school for? I ask because I have a BS in Business Admin but I'm thinking of going back to school to be an RN. I'm hoping I start getting more energy once I lose this weight and I will have the guts to go back and completely change careers.

P

OMG.. I totally hate when a whole post vanishes..drives me crazy! I actually started copying my posts when they are really long just in case..so that can just paste it if needed.

I'll remember to take my netbook with me and hopefully they will have Wifi so that I can get online.. I'll definitely try to post.

No way girl..I wish I had that kind of money they do to self pay...:lol: I went through a HORRIBLE divorce a couple of years ago.. actually it will be my 2 years Divorce Anniversary on the 29th.. but it took almost 3 years to get a divorce! Me saying that I was married to a bad person is an understatement.. I refer to my ex-husband as Scott Peterson #1 :lol: I went from a SAHM of 10 years who drove a BMW (we were together for 18 years...married for 10...I was with him from the time I was 17 till I was 35) to a single mom on welfare... ex-husband owes me like $30,000 in child support...but that's really nothing compared to him having 2 kids with someone else WHILE we were married..:blink: one of those kids is like 11 months younger than my youngest so in Nov they are the same age..:blink: but that's nothing compared to some of the other stories I could tell..:o:lol: So anyway :lol: I'm on Medicaid.. but it did go by fast.. I would never be able to get this surgery if I had to pay for it on my own so I'm VERY VERY lucky!

I know you didn't ask for part of my life story but I always feel a need to start telling it to explain why I'm so poor..:lol: I do go to school full-time.. so once I'm done with school, me and my kids will be A-OK!:D

LOL :lol: Yah I do have quite the sense of humor...lol Seriously, after what I've been though.. seriously, the stories I could tell... everything else is piece of cake.... aaaaaaaaa...CAAAAAAAAKE :lol: LOL I was so not allowed to not be myself for YEARS... 18 years with the ass...that was seriously a life of HELL.. I have no idea how I even lived like that for all those years..and before that.. my mother.. she was a bitch! :lol: I was never allowed to be myself.. till now.. Yah, so I kinda have the complete "aaaaaah fuck it" attitude for most things.. lol the funny thing is I'm more calm and relaxed than anybody else I know.. my friends are so stressed with stuff with the kids, and their husbands, and of course money.... I never get stressed like that ever! It is what it is....life is seriously way too short so why waste the energy when there's just usually nothing you can usually do about it.. things always work out in the end either way! Honestly, if it wasn't for being in those horrible situations.. I wouldn't be the person I am today! and my 2 boys are REALLY REALLY good kids!! At least I have them and I have my friends.. that's all that really matters to me.. everything else I want in life.. will come in due time! Finally I actually believe that for once!

Yah, thank goodness I'm divorced.. life is so much better.. except the poor part!:lol:

OMG..that's what I'm going to be going to school for.. RN.. or LPN then get RN.. whatever program I get into. This semester I'm taking Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Chemistry so that I can apply to nursing programs.. hopefully I get in somewhere... I'm applying to LPN and RN.. whoever will let me in! I have a plan to move out of Chicago.. out of IL in Summer of 2013!

Seriously girl.. if I can go back to school... ANYONE can!!! SERIOUSLY!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:D Hell you can take all your pre reqs online!

Smokey,

So THAT explains your fabulous sense of humor. It is always those who have had the toughest time who are able to joke freely. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with such a creep! I'm so very happy you are divorced from him (even if it means you are poor).

What are you going to school for? I ask because I have a BS in Business Admin but I'm thinking of going back to school to be an RN. I'm hoping I start getting more energy once I lose this weight and I will have the guts to go back and completely change careers.

P