Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

burning calories

just wondering what does everyone use to figure out how many calories youve burned with excersise or in general on any given day? ive lowered my calorie intake but want to also create a 300-500 calorie deficit with excersise......

I keep track of mine on lapband.com. My lap band journey! They have lots of good tools!

I just got a Polar F11 heart rate monitor which tells me how many calories I've burned during a workout session. I do body composition assessments every 6 weeks at one of the places where I work out and they can also tell me how many calories I burn per day based on various data points.

BodyBugg

www.fitday.com will tell you how many calories your burn a day and how many calories you will need to eat in order to lose a certain amount of weight. I like it! I don't think it's completly accurate but it is close. Right now it's telling me I can eat 1200 cal a day with my workouts and lose 5 pounds by next Tuesday. Imma do it and see if it's right lol!

I just got my BobyBugg last week and it has truly helped and motivated me. It tells me exactly how many calories I burn each day. It's great to know how many calories I burn just vacuuming, or packing my kids into the car. They're a little spendy, but if you can afford it (check e-bay and craigslist) I would highly recommend one. It truly motivates me to get in extra exercise and provides a concrete reason why I shouldn't have a brownie, or perhaps I burned more calories than planned and I see that it's okay to have a brownie that day, but I'm not tempted to eat more than one because I see how the numbers work out. I'm a total numbers person. I love my bodybugg. You can also rent them online to see if you like it before buying one. Good luck.

Bad idea for me to lower my calories to 1200! I didn't lose a pound and as a matter of fact I am up 2 pounds this morning! I worked out for 1 hour yesterday and I just knew the scale was going to be down lol! Okay, I am going to go back to my 1500 cal range! I weighed myself at 5AM so it may go down to what I was yesterday.

I use a polar HR monitor. Mine is the FT-7. consumer reports just did a short review of HR monitors, you might can look it up online. I find that the online calculators aren't very accurate. YMMV

Perceived exertion - sweating, red in the face, gasping for breath and not able to do one more minute of the workout by the end - perfect. Big calorie burner, probably in the region of 500 or 600 for a 45 minute workout. Able to talk (especially whilst working out), comfortable, recovered pretty much instantly and only a light perspirration - not so much. Probably a 300 calories in 45 minutes workout. Then again, I did Body Pump yesterday for somethign different and although it absolutely kicked my butt, there's no way it burned lots of calories - you need full on aerobic activity for that and Body Pump is not very aerobic. I felt the need for half an hour of treadmill workk afterwards even though my legs were quivering, in order to feel I'd "exercised".

The trouble with online calculators is that they cant take into account how hard you've worked. Heart rate monitors are better, because they worrk it out based on your heart rate, a body bugg or such, even more so. I'd absolutely LOVE one of those, but cant really justify it as its only for curiosity sake, obviously the calorie equation is right since I no longer have a weight problem.

I always drink Chinese green tea to lose my excessive amount of weight of the body.Green tea reduces weight very quick and burn almost 200 calories in a day.It also prevent the fat cells of the body.

I wear a Heart Rate Monitor, Polar FT-7. But, I am strongly considering the Body Bug as I am finding the Polar is starting to become a little unreliable with irratic HR's all the time. I like my old Polar F6 much better ,but I gave it to my hubby when he brought me the new one. Should've just kept my old HRM.

I usually try to burn 400-500 cals during each work out.

Where can you find this Chinese green tea and that information that you've provided online?

I always drink Chinese green tea to lose my excessive amount of weight of the body.Green tea reduces weight very quick and burn almost 200 calories in a day.It also prevent the fat cells of the body.

I use a polar heart rate monitor. I forget which model. I find it works well. As someone else said online calculators are not accurate. Interesting there is a sign at the gym that says how many calories an acitivory burns and compadres to my polar it is extremely inaccurate. I've been considering the bodybugg or bodymedia fit, but don't like the price of it

I wear a Heart Rate Monitor, Polar FT-7. But, I am strongly considering the Body Bug as I am finding the Polar is starting to become a little unreliable with irratic HR's all the time. I like my old Polar F6 much better ,but I gave it to my hubby when he brought me the new one. Should've just kept my old HRM.

I usually try to burn 400-500 cals during each work out.

I found that using just Water to moisten the contacts on the chest strap isn't enough. I now use a Water based lubricant to saturate the contact pads.. and I'm getting much more reliable HR's. Before, using just water, sometimes it would quit picking up during the middle of exercise!! Disconcerting to be pedaling away or doing mountain climbers and look down and see 00 as your HR!! LOL

I found that using just Water to moisten the contacts on the chest strap isn't enough. I now use a Water based lubricant to saturate the contact pads.. and I'm getting much more reliable HR's. Before, using just water, sometimes it would quit picking up during the middle of exercise!! Disconcerting to be pedaling away or doing mountain climbers and look down and see 00 as your HR!! LOL

Okay, so I called the Polar customer service line last week. They explained that the eloctrodes on the newer model HRM are very sensitive to salt build up. The young lady recommended that I wash it thoroughly after each workout in the washer machine. Which is totally too time consuming. However, I did try it that night and the next day it worked great the next day.

So, now I have been hand washing it in the sink each night with mild bar soap. So, far it's working much better.