Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Few years ago those be fighting words LOL. but now they are considered compliments- how funny is that... but the fact some one else can see the change- CONGRATS!! for a job well done. I hope to be one of those bit**es too...I'm still not used to saying that word,,, :lol:

Hello guys,

Banding went well, however, developed a bad esophagitis and discharge was held because I could not tolerate fluids. Had an UGI plus an EGD. Banding was fine, just the eosphagus was super inflammed. On medication and feeling better. I was discharged on Friday.

Today is post-op day 4 and doing well so far. Still on phase I (all liquids) until tomorrow. Just making sure my esophagus heals slowly. liquids are second nature. Strong will power so far. On Monday, I will start phase II, full liquids, sugar-free. Have all the necessary items in house. I do get full fast. I sip two ounces at a time and every 20 minutes because I get full fast. If you push too much, it causes discomfort. Today, mom made me some homemade chicken Soup, she strained the carrots and chicken and just left me broth. I had half a bowl and could not finish it. Drinking my Protein shakes. I am using Uninjury which is really great tasting even when mixed with Water. On Monday, I can start skim milk so will mix with such.

Great news is................17 pounds gone. I can see the face thining out. All clothes are big and pants are falling off.

I liked the title - I might buy a t-shirt that says skinny b***h when I reach my goal. In the past I thought I should have one that says fluffy b***h. I am a counselor. It isn't by chance that a lot of us are caregivers. We put everyone else before ourselves. Congrats everyone who has lost, for putting you up there in the priority. I have been really sick for about two weeks, my husband started working second shift and I stay up late to visit with him (he will be here in about 20 minutes) and I have reached a plateau due to not fitting in my workouts. We have three very active kids. But thanks for inspiring me to make room for me in my life again. I had been a little bummed out and worried I wouldn't keep losing but you guys have inspired me. :) Thanks.

I attended a Malley seminar too!

Hi

Hello all skinny b****. Popping in to say hello.

Banded July 26. Post-op week 2 progress:Status quo. weight loss to date 27 pounds. Ten prior to surgery for grand total of 37.

Doc cleared me for gym today but no weights yet, plus cleared me so I can finally go somewhere and have some fun. I might head out to Hershey park next week with the family. I can get on the rides without worrying that I may have to forgo the ride because the harness may not close. I would always get on but it was a tight fit.

My cardiologist saw me today and was happy with the results and said I looked great. I see doc in 4 weeks.

My journey continues...

Good luck to all.

Lyd

I'm an RN too! I've been an OB nurse for 20 years. Somebody from the night shift told me that I was "melting". So far I've lost 27 pounds but I don't see the loss on myself. I'm wearing smaller clothes, but when I look in the mirror I still see "Jabba the Hut". I guess maybe it just takes some time to adjust mentally to everything as well. I am looking forward to the day when somebody calls me a "skinny b***h".

This thread is so positive ......I wanna be a skinny b***h too......ps ICU nurse

I am a RN as well. I work as the Director of Nursing ay an Assisted Living Facility. Marketers bring food, Snacks, Starbucks etc...explains all my extra weight. I am still awaiting a surgery date, I am hopingbforbthe first or second week of Nov. I too, would love to be a skinny bi""h.