Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a total moron, amd i think i messed up

I don't think she was looking for confirmation that she was a moron.........just looking for support. And while some people do need to hear the truth, she even said at the end of her post "And yes, as I stated I AM AWARE I messed up, you don't have to tell me!!" All she was looking for were signs of a slip.

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::P:D

Do you think perhaps your band is a little tight?

You seem a bit cranky... maybe your hungry?

From what I've read you would know pretty quickly if you had a slip. Don't beat yourself up and ignore the people who just want to lecture you, you know you made a mistake learn from it and keep going forward. I would suggest calling your dr's office and maybe asking a few questions or doing a little web research to get you up to date on what you need to know about the band.

Unfortunately, the band doesn't do all the work, you have to work the band. The good news is that once you start getting enough Fluid in the band, your appetite is dimmed enough that whatever amount of will power you have, it becomes stronger. And each time you resist something, that little bit of will power grows.

Some thoughts about Will Power by Jessie Ahroni (posted on Smartbandsters ~ a yahoo group~ on 1-9-2011

Re: Willpower

People usually have core beliefs about their own "willpower." Some feel that

their willpower is strong; others blame a lifetime struggle with obesity on

lack of willpower. Regardless of what your belief is about willpower, we

invite you to rethink the concept altogether. What if willpower is not some

special gift that you either have or don't have? What if willpower is simply

the following:

* A trigger (an internal or external experience that leads to an impulse)

* An impulse (in this case, a desire to eat or stuff down feelings with food)

* A decision (in this case, a decision to eat or not to eat)

* An action (in this case, acting on the decision to eat or not to eat)

What if willpower is simply a trigger, followed by an impulse, followed by a

decision, followed by an action? You already possess every power needed to

make good choices about your health and what you eat. Learn to break down

this sequence and make a decision to eat only if you are physically hungry.

Make a list of alternative activities to fill up 10-15 minutes the next time

you are tempted to eat when you are not physically hungry.

Hi I was just scanning through this talk and found your advice, It is very good thank you. I was banded on 12/30/10. So Im a little over three weeks out and I am doing well. I have eaten

things that I shouldn't have like crackers and rice cakes. So I went for a check up to day and am doing well my first fill is on 2/10/11. I saw the dietitian today also and feel renewed

and focused on my eating plan. So again thank you for your sound advice I shall use it. LOL I asked my doctor today " Do you have a lapband for my brain cause thats were I think I need it

the most. LOL Thanks for listening... Eileen

TanksMama,

Like a few others have said, you probably didn't do any damage, however you might want to give your surgeons office a call and discuss it with them. Those of us that have had WLS obviously have had it for a reason. The one suggestion I would like to make, is to try to make sound decisions. Believe me, I love Wendy's Baconators and used to be able to put away two of them. But that's what helped me get to where I used to be at. There will always be temptation, but don't sabotage all the work you have already put into getting banded. The band will only do for you what you do for yourself. Best of luck in your journey!!!!!

John

Hi John, Just wanted to give you a big "YAHOO!" your weight loss is amazing. Good Luck on your journey.. Eileen

I had a moron day also (corn dog and mashed potatoes). I am sipping some tea waiting to vomit or for something to feel stuck and nothing. I feel the same as before surgery. I don't have my appt for a possible first fill until Feb 8th. Today was surely an emotional eating evening and I feel worse now because of it, where before I would at least feel better. Lesson learned. Not worth it. All the lectures aside, you are brave to admit what you did, and this should be a safe place for you to admit you effed up. I have learned that I am not ready yet to watch my daughter and her friends eat nachos at the bowling alley. I would have been better off if I would have just had one and savored it instead of coming home and having pity food. On top of that, my daughter told me that she is glad I had the surgery because one day one of her friends said "Look at that fat lady" and she had to say "that is my mom". I am crying just typing it. I never want her to go through that again, so take that corn dog! You tasted like crap anyway!!!

Awe charmin, You are amazing and yes its not easy and yes we will slip up. We have to just take it one day at a time. sometimes one meal at a time. I was banded on 12/30/10 and havent had my first fill either, Its scheduled for 2/10/11. So I had to have the frito burrito from taco bell. i ate half of it and it sucked lol. so i am back to making better choices and sticking to them. I'm here with you. Now you go girl!!!!!! you can move mountains......... Eileen

I called my doctor. He said that I would know by now if I have slipped. He said it is a mistake he has seen often (people coming out of surgery and even though they were told they would NOT feel restricted, they believe they will be) and I did kind of 'test' myself. And I am doing better. I'm on my 'soft foods' but it is very hard. You know, you would THINK that this being a 'support' forum... people would be supportive. Hmm... guess not. Well, anyways, to the people that were NOT rude......THANK YOU.

You know, you would THINK that this being a 'support' forum... people would be supportive. Hmm... guess not. Well, anyways, to the people that were NOT rude......THANK YOU.

You're Very Welcome.

S.

You're Very Welcome.

S.

...Please don't tell me your THAT dense.

Honey, you were pretty much the opposite of UNrude... you were RUDE.

There was NO reason for the 'Geez' and 'You said it, you ARE a moron'

If you did read the whole thing I pretty much said "You DONT have to tell me I messed up"

The last time I checked these were 'support' forums not 'big bitch' forums!

First off, DON'T STRESS! It will be ok, just hop back on track and get back to the diet. You can do this! You will have to work at it, but as someone else said after a few months, the Big Mac wont even be worth the effort...Dont give urself unreasonable goals, Small goals will help boost ur self esteem and make u more successful in using ur "tool". Good luck in ur journey! You can do this!

Hi John, Just wanted to give you a big "YAHOO!" your weight loss is amazing. Good Luck on your journey.. Eileen

Eileen,

Thanks!!!! It really took me changing my mindset about food, overall lifestyle, and a lot of small obtainable goals! My sugeon and I both discussed the amount of weight loss at my last appt. He figures it has a lot to do with metabolism rate vs calorie intake, which is one thing I have always believed in since have surgery. Less calories in, than calories burned a day = weight loss.

...Please don't tell me your THAT dense.

Honey, you were pretty much the opposite of UNrude... you were RUDE.

There was NO reason for the 'Geez' and 'You said it, you ARE a moron'

If you did read the whole thing I pretty much said "You DONT have to tell me I messed up"

The last time I checked these were 'support' forums not 'big bitch' forums!

I was being quite facetious.

Here's a link so you can look up the word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious

I don't usually come back to threads I comment on. I simply write what I have to say, and then move on. But, in THIS case....I really had to come back and see if this was for real. Someone who actually did not KNOW what kind of surgery they had....and then scarfed a Big Mac shortly after whatever-surgery-it-was-that-they-had. Sounds too much like a joke.

Apparently not.

First, let me correct you on something.

You said:

"There was NO reason for the 'Geez' and 'You said it, you ARE a moron"

I did NOT say "you said it, you ARE a moron". I simply said "Uh.....Ok. YOU said it." YOU added the rest.

Try re-reading what I actually wrote. There is some serious truth in there, whether you choose to believe or not.

And yes, you did say "you don't have to tell me I messed up." But I did anyway. Because you DID "mess up", and simply telling people that you already knew that does not make that fact go away. And, it's little different than eating a bite of cake or something. You mouthed a complete BIG MAC. "Fast", as you put it. That's not something you just "do". You have to go and BUY it. It takes a little time to consume. You did have some time to THINK about this. But...it's your body, your life.

You said:

"The last time I checked these were 'support' forums not 'big bitch' forums!"

People say that a lot here when someone says something they don't like to hear.. This is NOT "Lap Band Support.com", It's not "LapBandHandholding.com", it's not LapBandWhinerPacification.com"....it's not a LOT of things.

It IS LapBandTalk.

It is a place to exchange INFORMATION. Support might be considered a part of that, but "support" means different things to different people.

If YOU think that "support" means simply giving you a pat on your little head and telling you everything is ok, then you are wrong. Real support means telling you how it IS, rather than telling you what you WANT TO HEAR. In your case, though, it would appear that listening might be an issue. Like listening to your doctor when he explains what kind of surgery you are going to have.

You said:

"Honey, you were pretty much the opposite of UNrude... you were RUDE."

Cupcake, I'm not all that sure that "Unrude" is an actual word. You might be a Moron (YOUR words), but at least you are creative.

Rude? Hardly. Blunt, yes. Correct in what I am saying to you? Absolutely.

S.

Spartan,

There is simply no excuse for how harsh, rude, or condescending you are being. Please pick on someone else who is not going through something life changing. It is hard to see someone being so cruel to someone else for no reason. I am sure there are other forums you can go to and put people down and make them feel like crap, just please stop doing it to someone here.

I think most of us if not all of us are here because we have made poor choices over the years. Otherwise, why would we need WLS? This should be a safe place to vent and confess our short comings. Nobody is perfect and I would hope we could all be supportive. God knows I need the support!

Hautemama

From the various responses on the OP subject, it is obvious there is a constellation of possibilities in our choices on our weight loss journey. Opportunity to discuss such helps most of us continue to find our way. Similar confrontations in the past helped me align my own efforts from the always-difficult battle of "will power', to something I was more in control of...my "WON'T power"....as in.....I WON'T continue the old habits that lead me to Morbid Obesity....and all the moronic behavior to which I subjugated myself under the delusion eating more would somehow solve my problems. Personally I have had to learn to redirect my attention FROM "hunger" and "fullness" TO more effective behaviors, such as the reality of 'satiety' ...which leads to the discovery that over eating and appetite avoidance were largely habits imposed over the decades. It takes some changes in how we perceive 'hunger' and 'non hunger'. And it takes changes in our behavior along with continued exploration of our focus on over eating in the absence of any concept of what 'satiety' really is. Some of the best advise I ever gleaned was from unsympathetic observers unwilling to offer soothing tones supporting my old errant over eating behavior.