Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so uncomfortable

Hello everyone, I was banded on January 10, 2011 in Chicago. And everything seems to be going fine but, is there an problem that i'm not really feeling hungry, and when i stand up my belly feels so heavy i know it's swollen and sooo tender. Can anyone out there please tell me what remedies if any did you use to help with the swollen and tender feeling.

Thanks.

I was banded on the 1/10 as well walk and keep taking your pain meds I was lucky today i did not have to take any pain meds first day since surgery tenderness seems to be going away and I also did not suffer from gas everyone talking about but I think its because I have been walking alot outside inside etc. Good thing is you are not hungry and I am :( if anything try a heating pad may help good luck!

Hello everyone, I was banded on January 10, 2011 in Chicago. And everything seems to be going fine but, is there an problem that i'm not really feeling hungry, and when i stand up my belly feels so heavy i know it's swollen and sooo tender. Can anyone out there please tell me what remedies if any did you use to help with the swollen and tender feeling.

Thanks.

Thanks, i'm so about to try that now.

I was banded on the 1/10 as well walk and keep taking your pain meds I was lucky today i did not have to take any pain meds first day since surgery tenderness seems to be going away and I also did not suffer from gas everyone talking about but I think its because I have been walking alot outside inside etc. Good thing is you are not hungry and I am :( if anything try a heating pad may help good luck!

Heat, lots of pain meds, and walking a bit does help. Oh yeah and more pain meds. It will go away just don't try to do to much to soon.

Encouragement from a 3 year old lapbander-- hang in there newbie! This phase will pass and when you look back on your progress you'll think of it like a mother giving birth - painful at the time but so joyous the results!

I was banded on Wed and didn't really have much to complain about until this afternoon. I think I tried to do too much, too soon....we went house hunting and I was trudgin around in acre back yards in my snow boots! I found taking some tylenol and sitting quietly with a heating pad made me feel much better, very quickly.

Wearing a bra is still very uncomfortable...so thank goodness it's the weekend and I can just go without while at home :-)

I was banded on Wed and didn't really have much to complain about until this afternoon. I think I tried to do too much, too soon....we went house hunting and I was trudgin around in acre back yards in my snow boots! I found taking some tylenol and sitting quietly with a heating pad made me feel much better, very quickly.

Wearing a bra is still very uncomfortable...so thank goodness it's the weekend and I can just go without while at home :-)

Wow you are off to a great start. I just read your blog, You had amazing control for those two weeks on shakes. I didnt do that well the cravings were out of control. My surgery was 12/30/10 so I was supposed to be on the shakes all through christmas and it was hard i cheated alot. But reading your blog has given me the strenght to keep my eye on the reward at

the end.

Thanks Eileen

Thanks.

When I was banded, they put a velcro-closure support band around my midsection after surgery. I found wearing that helped when I was walking, because nothing pulled, and gravity was held at bay. You might try getting something like that if they didn't give you one. I wore mine till it started to irritate me along the edges from it being too large after the swelling went down.

Good luck!

Dave

Thanks.

first of all congratulations! I was banded 12/30/10. i didnt feel hungry for about a week almost 2 weeks, but u must remember to take in fluids to keep hydrated. i also felt blaoted, and i still do. My port site is the most tender and the doctor said it will as be tender but as time pasts it too will get better. My only pain med was tylenol took it maybe 4-5 times. please follow your doctors orders to the T. Kepp us posted

Hello

I was banded on 10/01/2011 and I have been feeling tender and uncomfortable and when trying to sleep I am continuously waking up. I should ask how long does it take to sleep back in your normal position if you sleep on your tummy??? I have had to take panadol the Doc gave me stronger painkillers however I do not like taking them. Unfortunately I experienced an infected injection site and am on antibiotics; this was and is an uncomfortable and concerning complication as it may mean that if it does not clear up I may have to be rehospitalised to have the site drained (bummer). All crappiness aside I am hoping 'this to shall pass' and I will feel better in a couple of days. Thankyou for all the amazing posts that I have read because they have helped wonderfully with answering some of my questions

Take Care :)

@SASSYOZZIE: I really think it's different for each person. I was able to partially sleep on my stomach on the third night and last night (night four) I was sleeping fully on my stomach again. My Dr. told me the 'average' recovery time is 3-5 days with almost 100% of people back to normal by 7. I am four days out and I certainly find it hard to bend down and pick stuff off the floor and won't be picking up my 25lbs baby anytime in the near future!! (That will make monday interesting!!)

Sounds like you had a couple set backs, so your body might just need a few extra days. I'm sure by the end of the week you'll be back to normal. Good Luck!!

@IRISHANGEL: Thanks for the kind words! I only just started blogging so it's nice to know someone has read it ...besides my mom lol!!!! My 'will power' during my two weeks pre-op was more fear driven...I have terrible anxiety about anything 'medical' and didn't want to jeopardize my surgery by screwing up the diet. I'm sure it's going to get harder very soon as I heal more....

Hello

I was banded on 10/01/2011 and I have been feeling tender and uncomfortable and when trying to sleep I am continuously waking up. I should ask how long does it take to sleep back in your normal position if you sleep on your tummy??? I have had to take panadol the Doc gave me stronger painkillers however I do not like taking them. Unfortunately I experienced an infected injection site and am on antibiotics; this was and is an uncomfortable and concerning complication as it may mean that if it does not clear up I may have to be rehospitalised to have the site drained (bummer). All crappiness aside I am hoping 'this to shall pass' and I will feel better in a couple of days. Thankyou for all the amazing posts that I have read because they have helped wonderfully with answering some of my questions

Take Care :)