Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

28 weeks Pregnant and port pain

Hi Ladies,

I was banded back in Dec 2009 and lost about 65 lbs before getting pregnant. So far I have gained 12 lbs and I was unfilled slightly from a 5.5 to a 4.5 in a 10cc band.

The pregnancy has not been bad at all till about 2 weeks ago. I am experiencing pain around my port. I am so nervous that it has flipped or ripped off my abb wall! (okay a little dramatic) I hope this is normal feeling- i could just be paranoid. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this with their pregnancy too!! The port feels like it is protruding like a baby's foot.

I also want to say- i LOVE my band! I am so happy that I got it.

I hope someone is able to answer this question.. I would like to know.. I am 12 weeks pregnant and no pain but, I am worried about it.

HI,

I was banded October 07 and lost about 115lbs, I am now 24 weeks pregnant and get burning pain sometimes near my port. My doc and others at obesityhelp.com said that it is the muscle streching with the port and should be fine, my pain just comes and goes.

I am completely unfilled my doc does this to all his pregant ones....

Hi Ladies,

I was banded back in Dec 2009 and lost about 65 lbs before getting pregnant. So far I have gained 12 lbs and I was unfilled slightly from a 5.5 to a 4.5 in a 10cc band.

The pregnancy has not been bad at all till about 2 weeks ago. I am experiencing pain around my port. I am so nervous that it has flipped or ripped off my abb wall! (okay a little dramatic) I hope this is normal feeling- i could just be paranoid. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this with their pregnancy too!! The port feels like it is protruding like a baby's foot.

I also want to say- i LOVE my band! I am so happy that I got it.

Hi harbace,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

I sit at the moment nursing my 5 week old baby girl so very recently have 'been there, done that!' I also experienced pain around my port during my pregnancy. I found mostly that it was from the baby kicking it! It must have gotten bruised or something because it would hurt for a few days then go away. It all depended really on the baby's position. Fortunately, she lay sort of to one side which was the opposite side to my port, so by the time I was 30+ weeks, there wasn't enough room for her to keep flipping around and my port was OK. It definitely protruded. I have some "bump" shots that clearly show it sticking out and family often said "oooh I can feel the foot!" when they could really just feel the port. Gross!! haha!

It also hurt when I was having braxton hicks contractions - perhaps that is what you are experiencing? It became quite bad at one point and I was worried about it hurting during the actual labour, but because the baby dropped before labour, it didn't hurt at all because there was no pressure. Otherwise, it is probably just that your uterus is growing at such an incredible rate that it's putting pressure on your port site. If you are worried however you should see your doc. I'm no professional but wanted to share my personal experience. :) Hope this helps somewhat and that you have a happy and comfortable remainder of your pregnancy!!

Thanks Newbie!

This helps so much! Can you tell me some about your pregnany? Did you have any of your Fluid removed? How has the weight loss gone from having your baby? i am at 18 lbs gained right now at 34 weeks.

Thanks!

Emily

I had my first Braxton hicks contraction yesterday, I am 29 weeks, today my port has been sore, I guess that is why thanks for the great info. Banded July 2009, down 60 pounds, had all Fluid removed at 11 weeks. I had gained 17 pounds, but lost 5 pounds last week, go figure.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and was banded in Nov 09. I had some internal, right under my largest incision, pain at about 12-14 weeks. It would come and go, my doc said that it was just some of the scar tissue stretching. I haven't had any pain there since so that's good.

As for my port, it gets a little sore from time to time after Braxton hicks but it usually goes away in a couple of days. It does stick out but it's right under my left boob so it's not too obvious and I don't wear super tight shirts.

I also was worried about labor and contractions with it but it's good to read that the other lady didn't have a problem with it then. I might have to have a repeat c-section anyway so it more than likely won't be an issue at all at that point.

Good luck to all of you who are pregnant and lots of hope to all of those trying to conceive. It's a different pregnancy altogether being banded but it's so nice to weight less this time. I am so much more comfortable and I feel like I can breathe better.

I hope someone is able to answer this question.. I would like to know.. I am 12 weeks pregnant and no pain but' date=' I am worried about it.[/quote']

I am 33 weeks pregnant and started getting pain in my surgery area that was so severe I couldn't call out my husband's name to help. When I finally stood up and gave the baby room, the pain eased. This happened 3 more times. The baby had been pushing and according to the obgyn, that is where her feet are. I am still not sure what exactly happened, but it felt like scar tissue was being ripped open. I am fine now, but praying it doesn't happen again. There is so little said about this topic. Has anyone else experience that kind of pain. With there site?

hello ladies.

i've been banded two and a half years ago in march. Well i'm 18 weeks prego and well things seem to be going great. I'm putting on to much weight the nurse says already 16 pounds. its so hard they took half my Fluid out of my band. And well i thnk i'm eating good but not sure what the problem is. I do seem to gain alot of weight with my other two children who are now 16 and 9. lol i'm not crazy lol. I sometimes feel pain near my port area to. i figured it was just the baby maybe pressing against it not sure i go to the doctor september 6th so will find out more. but has anybody have the same problem with gaining wight to quickly. i'm walking doing my normal things but still gaining.

I was banded in 07 and got pregnant is 09 after loseing 100+ lbs. I would always get a sharp pain in my port area. I spoke with my band doct and he told me that its common because your stomach is growing and that the muscles are stretching to make room for the baby, plus I was on bed rest in the hospital for 4 weeks. Also remember that sometimes the baby can lay just right and kick in that area.

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant lost 95 lb with the band was still losing when I got pregnant. My band was emptied completely, and I gained 40 lb so far most was during the first 2 months as crazy as that is. I more recently started feeling this pain and i appreciate the comments about people I was about to head to the hospital since I have been having contractions but I will wait till my appointment tomorrow.