Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CALLING ALL JAN. 17 BANDERS - PLEASE REPLY

ARE THERE ANY OTHER 1/17 BANDERS OUT THERE? I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU TO SHARE THOUGHTS AND INFO. THANK YOU KINDLY! :)

Hi, I am having my surgery this fri. 1/14, very excited, but very emotional. How about you?

Lori :rolleyes:

I am on day 5 of my 14 day pre-op diet (the first 3 days were the hardest so far). It consist of 1 Protein shake for Breakfast, 1 for lunch, and 1 serving of any Soup I want that does not have cream in it. Needless to say I am STARVING! I decided to make my own Soups so I could monitor the calories and carbs better. This allows me to make alterations to have a larger portion of soup, and still stay within the quidlines. I have also become something of a Protein Shake Connoisseur. I have tried 4 different brands and flavors so far and just picked up 5 more tonight, to try out through the week. I really wish I had taste tested them before the pre-op began. I think because I have an empty stomach most of the time,I am more sensetive to the tase and it hits pretty hard in my stomach

I was on the Bariatric Advantage choc. Protein shakes 3x day and 1-2 Protein control bars daily - all stuff from the dr. office. it is all horrible. but i have to do it. i am on day 9 of 2 wk. pre op diet. i do allow myself 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 sugar free small Jello pack. i am starving too! when do you get banded and where are you from? i am from penna. and i get banded on 1/17. good luck to you and stay focused - you will be successful!

Not the 17th but the 12th!,,,Three more days!

good luck to you tomorrow! where are you from? what did your pre op diet consist of? mine was 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes a day plus 1-2 Protein Bars daily. all from the dr. office. yuk. i allowed myself also 1 sugar free popsiicle and 1 sugar free small Jello. i am starving how bout you? let me know how you are doing and i will be thinking about you tomorrow. are you nervous? i am from pennsylvania.

I start my pre op diet tomorrow

So NOT excited about that ...lol

what does your pre op diet consist of? mine was 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes and 1-2 Protein bars daily. from the dr. office. yuk! i allowed myself also 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 small sugar free Jello. when is your surgery date? where are you from? i am from Pennsylvania. keep in touch! take care.

Hi, I am having my surgery this fri. 1/14, very excited, but very emotional. How about you?

Lori :rolleyes:

Good luck to you on Friday - I will be thinking of you. what did your pre op diet consist of? Mine was 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes and 1-2 Protein Bars daily. from dr. office. yuk! i allowed myself 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 sm sugar free Jello too. yes i am scared a lil. where are you from? i am from Penna. keep in touch. take care.

I will also be banded on the 17th! I am so excited! I have my preop stuff on the 12th and I am getting so nervous! I too have slipped and I am so scared that it will ruin my chances...they have me on an all liquid diet but I just wanted some turkey lol!! Hopefully things will go great at my appointment! I am sure I am just over reacting! I always do that! :(

Good luck to you! where are you from? I am from Penna. I am on day 9 of 2 wk pre op diet which consist of 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes and 1-2 Protein bars daily. i allow myself 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 small sugar free Jello too daily. this stuff all tastes terrbile but i am getting used to it I guess. can't wait for real food!!!!! keep in touch re: your surgery. take care!

My one week pre op diet consists of the following:

4 Protein shakes per day (whey ISOLATE) 2 must be taken with skim milk - the other two could be or with Water.

at LEAST 6-8 servings of the following:

1 cup Tomato or V-8 juice

1/2 cup cream of wheat or oatmeal

6 oz sugar free/fat free greek yogurt - smooth - no fruit or chunks

1/2 cup applesauce - unsweetened

1 cup fat free raw veggies

1/2 cup sugar free pudding

1/2 sugar free jello-O

64 oz of Water

chicken broth

Fat free salad dressing or dip

what does your pre op diet consist of? mine was 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes and 1-2 Protein bars daily. from the dr. office. yuk! i allowed myself also 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 small sugar free Jello. when is your surgery date? where are you from? i am from Pennsylvania. keep in touch! take care.

I forgot to answer - I'm from South Jersey (right over the Walt Whitman Bridge in South Philly)

Where in PA are you from? :)

Good luck to you! where are you from? I am from Penna. I am on day 9 of 2 wk pre op diet which consist of 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes and 1-2 Protein bars daily. i allow myself 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 small sugar free Jello too daily. this stuff all tastes terrbile but i am getting used to it I guess. can't wait for real food!!!!! keep in touch re: your surgery. take care!

I forgot to answer - I'm from South Jersey (right over the Walt Whitman Bridge in South Philly)

Where in PA are you from? :)

i AM FROM jOHNSTOWN PA. THE FLOOD CITY - LOL (MANY BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS HERE TOO!) ISN'T IT FUNNY HOW THE DIFFERENT SURGEONS ORDER DIFFERENT PRE OP DIETS? WOW - YOUR'S IS VERY LIBERAL! LUCKY YOU. - I KNOW I AM REALLY STARVING! ANYTHING AT ALL THAT I EAT ANYMORE SEEMS GOOD (EXCEPT THOSE DARN Protein shakes AND BARS - YUK!) :angry:

I'm from Vineland nj it's about a 1/2 hour from phila. My prep diet is 14 days and is pretty much 3oz of a lean Protein or a Protein Shake for each meal. It sucked really bad fir the first week but now the hunger doesnt bother me as much and the weight I've lost! I lost 14 lbs in the first 8 days of the diet crazy! Well I hope all of u the best in your own experience..

Good luck to you on Friday - I will be thinking of you. what did your pre op diet consist of? Mine was 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes and 1-2 Protein bars daily. from dr. office. yuk! i allowed myself 1 sugar free popsicle and 1 sm sugar free Jello too. yes i am scared a lil. where are you from? i am from Penna. keep in touch. take care.

My diet is a 10 day liquid diet of high Protein Shakes, broth, sugar free Jello and pop cycle's. Since I am also having problems with really bad leg cramps, surgeon told me to have bananas also. Hope the snow allows me to not have to post pone till next week. I am from Delaware just next store to you, live close to Dover. I think everyone is scared, this is the unknown. But what helps me keep positive "NOW" is that, yea the diet sucks but it is such a short time in my life, compared to the lenght of time I have battled obesity and God willing there will be some "Awesome" changes in my life and yours .........Thanks for your good wishes and the best of luck to you as well!! Will keep in touch :rolleyes:

Not the 17th but the 18th. I am also excited and a little scared but I am Ready!

I am getting nervous about the surgery Monday... I wonder if it is going to be worth it, if I am going to be able to maintain this new diet lifestyle and if it is going to be the tool I need to be successful. Anyone else having the same thoughts? I have been on the diet for 5 days... doing alright, although I a few too many calories today. Also, have you told people (friends? family? coworkers?) I have told a few close family members but I havent really told anyone else - not really sure how to tell them...