Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Hi! I'm new to this forum and just got my insurance approval (tentative banding date is February 10th -- as long as I lose 7-10 lbs. prior to surgery). Tomorrow I am starting on my pre-op diet (1 Protein Shake for Breakfast, 1 Protein shake for lunch, and dinner of 6-8 oz. of lean protein meat and 1 cup of vegetables). Are any of you on a similar plan?

I'm both excited and nervous. :) My current BMI is 35 and I need to lose 60 lbs. to be at a healthy BMI (high end). I'm so glad that there are other people to discuss this transition to a healthier life with. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Hi! I'm new to this forum and just got my insurance approval (tentative banding date is February 10th -- as long as I lose 7-10 lbs. prior to surgery). Tomorrow I am starting on my pre-op diet (1 Protein Shake for breakfast, 1 Protein shake for lunch, and dinner of 6-8 oz. of lean protein meat and 1 cup of vegetables). Are any of you on a similar plan?

I'm both excited and nervous. :) My current BMI is 35 and I need to lose 60 lbs. to be at a healthy BMI (high end). I'm so glad that there are other people to discuss this transition to a healthier life with. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

I hope that you enjoy your last pre band meal with a special night out. I took my wife to her favorite resturant (I like it too) and had a nice reasonably sized (not the queen or king sized but normal) prime rib dinner. Yesterday I started the pre op meals all liquid all Optifast and today I can seriously say I am hungry but coping. I hope the pangs relent some over the next couple of days though otherwise it's going to be a long two weeks till Feb 10th surgery date. My dr. also requires a 7-10 pound reduction by then just like yours but I get nothing to chew on except my gummi bear Vitamin :rolleyes: . I do envy your plan it sounds more humane. This is almost like quitting smoking cold turkey. BTW you will notice all the food ads on TV as you get hungry but without the relief of hitting the fridge for a little snack. Heh Heh but I guess that's what got me to where I am today and I am working had to change that outlook. Good luck to us both on the 10th.

Hello! I have a date of Feb 9th and I am so excited/nervous/anxious/terrified ...I am looking for a support team of new bandsters as well as old vets to help me through this journey! I have a family support team but they have not done any research so I feel very overwhelmed and alone through this!

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

Hi everyone.....I can finally say I have a date : ) Valentines Day! My BMI is 41 and its been about 2 and a half months for me to get all my approvals and everything done. I am so happy and can't wait! My pre-op diet is just Clear Liquids 24 hours before thank goodness... Good Luck to us all!

Jamie

I get to join you all!! Just got my surgery date today...February 25th!! Looking forward to going through this process with others who are at the same stage!

Surgery is scheduled for February 10th. My BMI is a 62. My only preop liquid is a day before, but I hafta say I think it would be easier if it were for 2 weeks before! Everytime I pass something I just get that "this will be the last time I can indulge in ___" feeling. Can't wait to see how everyone does!!

yes, i just got my date and it is 2/23/11

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

I hope that you enjoy your last pre band meal with a special night out. I took my wife to her favorite resturant (I like it too) and had a nice reasonably sized (not the queen or king sized but normal) prime rib dinner. Yesterday I started the pre op meals all liquid all Optifast and today I can seriously say I am hungry but coping. I hope the pangs relent some over the next couple of days though otherwise it's going to be a long two weeks till Feb 10th surgery date. My dr. also requires a 7-10 pound reduction by then just like yours but I get nothing to chew on except my gummi bear Vitamin :rolleyes: . I do envy your plan it sounds more humane. This is almost like quitting smoking cold turkey. BTW you will notice all the food ads on TV as you get hungry but without the relief of hitting the fridge for a little snack. Heh Heh but I guess that's what got me to where I am today and I am working had to change that outlook. Good luck to us both on the 10th.

my date is 2/23/11. i have to start 1200 cals on 2/9/11

Hi,

I had my first visit on 07/13/11; sleep study, endoscopy, first nutritional consult and ultrasoud on 07/30/2010.

My 6 month waiting period was over on 01/14/11and the office sent my file to the insurance on 01/21/11 and received an approval on 01/22/11.

I am scheduled for surgery on02/01. I was only requiered one week of Protein Shakes with a light meal.

I am nervous and excited!!!

Got my approval and getting banded 2/16/2011!! i chose to wait since my mom wanted to be here, yay for op day though!

[/quote

My surgery is scheduled for 2/16 too. Best of luck to you!!

Lol bigtom - my husband told me the same thing since I have this lingering craving for lobster...we are going out to dinner before the-all-day liquid diet. Congratulations to you and everyone here who got their surgery date. How nerve-racking and exiting is this?!

Hello All!

I have been reading the posts for all while but finally got the courage to "join in". I have a scheduled surgery date for Feb. 9th! Really looking forward to it - but a little nervous. I just completed all my tests and they went better than I expected.

All your stories and courage are very inspired - thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to going through the journey together.