Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Hello everyone!!! I am new to this whole thing!!! I just wanted to share with everyone that I am getting banded on February 16th. I am very excited, but nervous at the same time. I know this is going to be hard for me bc I am addicted to food and have really bad eating habits. I am about 250 pounds and would like to lose 100. I know I can do this!!! Are there any other teachers out there? I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you and meeting new friends!!! Keep me in your prayers...... Jill

Lots of hats that you wear there and I am pulling for you to get your acceptance the insurance. From all that you do, it seems that you give a lot of yourself to others. Retain that, its valuable to the spirit but don't forget to cultivate a small niche of care for yourself You Deserve It, You deserve to feel good about yourself without reservation. Don't beat yourself up on the pre-op ups and downs. From what i've

read here that is very common. I am trying to keep my eye on the prize and there will be ups and downs an

distractions tears and joy cause that's life (I'm thinking a

Frank Sinatra tune right now, sorry couldn't keep it out of my mind like the StaPuf marshmallo man in Ghostbusters :P ) Anyway I am sure you will do fine especially if your husband is as supportive as my wife is for me. Thats going to be a big help.

I really am lloking forward to shopping for clothes in a normal store again even if it does hurt the wallet. I have a slew of when I lose weight I'll be able to wear these again clothes to shrink through first and i'll wear them all except for the Plaid bell bottom polyester slacks - Hold On - Just put those in the goodwill bag so I won't be tempted, I am ever the slave of fashion. :lol:

Keep up the good work, you've gone a long way and good Luck. Keep us posted on your progress.

Big Tom.... My son would die for Those plaid wool bell bottoms.... He actually wanted ski pants like that....(by the way...I will be skiing next season!)....thanks for the inspiring words!

I will be banded on Feb 18. We have Tricare and it was a breeze. I was approved by Tricare within a week. I had my psych eval which was painless my nutrition eval was wonderful I had to wait because of the Holidays and then I found out that I needed to have my gallbladder out so that was done on Friday without any problems. I look forward to being banded.

Nope, no shakes yet...my surgeon only requires one or two weeks prior to surgery for the liquid diet.< /p>

I think it is one of the things we all worry about...how to survive on liquid for weeks....it is going to tough. I'm anticipating being VERY grumpy. I should lock myself in a room somewhere for my family's sake. lol

Yep get it from those German ancestors big strong strapping lads and stout women able to pull the plow don't ya know. Saw a photo of my GG Granddad taken in Prussia 1840's 6'6" and almost as round so the fat gene is there too (Darn it). I have already lived longer than he did the poor soul didn't make it to be 50. I hope to hang in for another 15-20 years but I won't make it carrying around the weight of a whole nother person all the time, that's why I am doing this, I want to live and live well for the remainer of my time on earth. I guess thats the goal of all of us here though. It's great that you have a date set, ( down you beastly jealousy, you'll get your time) sorry had to subdue the green eyed monster :P So, good luck Smokey and I hope we'er two almost skinny people by next year or sooner :)

Those German ancestors will do it that's for sure!! I have a sibling who is the same height as you..and my son who is 15 is about 6ft tall now and wears a size 16 shoe so I always wonder how tall he will be. LOL

I hope you get your date oon...I'm sure you will! Thanks and by next year or sooner we WILL be skinny...shit..I'm gonna be a size 4 or 6! ROCK ON!!!:lol:

@blondeej That's my surgery date...the one you had to cancel..and I live in Chicago...LOL Lots of good food here..LOL

@SashaFierce.. we are about the same weight..but I want to lose 125. I'm not a teacher..but I'm an old student!:D

@Shalimar Congrats on getting a date...and wasn't that a band/group back in the day?

@getitgirl Glad the gall bladder surgery went well!!!

Welcome, Big Tom! (and everyone else, rtoo!)

I just wanted to let you know that my friend's dh got his lapband awhile back and he is 6ft 6in and he lost well over one hundred pounds. I think his starting weight was around yours as well. He look fantastic! I know you will do well, too.

I would be thrilled to get off of my bp meds. Shoot, if I can get rid of this crazy cpap mask I'd be happy!!

Good luck to you and us ALL!

I'm a 62 year old guy whos always fought the waistline expansion. We all know who one that battle. BMI is 44 and I am no longer at my highest weight ever of 390 pounds hung on a 6'5" frame. I'm down to 372 and still droping slowly. I have finished all the insurance hoops and i'm waiting for thier approval so the surgeon can set a date. It looks like early February according to the DR's coordinator but we'll have to wait and see.

I am really looking forward to it and getting to be a bit healthier. I really want to get off the High BP meds because of the side effects (Joint and muscle pain and the tendancy to gain weight, isn't that just evil). I'll be setting up 5 or 6 interum weight goals because over 150 pounds is just too big a goal to swallow whole. Yep, I got an overeaters pun in there. I know the first real Whoo Hoo moment will be breaking into the 200's. :rolleyes: I'm trying to stay upbeat and looking to a brighter future. Many folks have succeeded and there is no reason I shouldn't as well. Good luck to all of us till my next post, hopefully with a firm surgery date.

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

I am having mine done in feb i have everything done im just playing the waitng game now i hope all goes well for you.

I am scheduled for feb. 9th pending insurance approval....scared about the whole process and will be devastated if not approved.... 5'3 312# isn't working for me...went through the 6 months required for approval but didn't lose..and honestly didn't try too hard because everytime there is a loss, there is another gain :(.... I am a wife, a mom, a nurse, a soccer coach, and middle school girls basketball coach....and I can't wait to be able to participate in all my jobs better....

awww i know that feeling my insurance company told me i had to go on a 4 moth diet plan and i lost all my weight went to all the doctors they want me to go but no i am just waiting to see when they will let me have the surgery. i cant wait to also do things again like hiking stuff like that.. well good luck with everything.

Hi everyone, im getting banded on the 15th of Feb in Belgium by Dr Christiaan De Bruyne and I am soooooo nervous but really excited. I just have to do a low fat diet two weeks before the surgery to shrink my liver (no fats oils butters etc) but I think I am going to do a week on shakes before it just to be safe. I have 80lbs to lose, my bmi is 35... would love to stay in touch with people going through the same thing!!

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

I will be banded on Feb 18. We have Tricare and it was a breeze. I was approved by Tricare within a week. I had my psych eval which was painless my nutrition eval was wonderful I had to wait because of the Holidays and then I found out that I needed to have my gallbladder out so that was done on Friday without any problems. I look forward to being banded.

Getitgirl,

Best of luck for your surgery............you are very fortunate to have Tri-Care......... it's a 3rd insurance for me, so had to go thru with the 6 month diet plan and go thru all the hoops. But Just had surgery 1/14/11 and doing great, looking forward to all the changes!

Best of luck to you and hope your Gall Bladder surgery goes well also, keep me posted!:)

Getitgirl,

Best of luck for your surgery............you are very fortunate to have Tri-Care......... it's a 3rd insurance for me, so had to go thru with the 6 month diet plan and go thru all the hoops. But Just had surgery 1/14/11 and doing great, looking forward to all the changes!

Best of luck to you and hope your Gall Bladder surgery goes well also, keep me posted!:)

Gallbladder surgery was a good. They gave me too much pain medicine but all is well. I feel so much better without the gallbladder. I am a little sore on the side where they did the surgery but all in all. I am well. Congrats on your surgery. How did it go for you?

Gallbladder surgery was a good. They gave me too much pain medicine but all is well. I feel so much better without the gallbladder. I am a little sore on the side where they did the surgery but all in all. I am well. Congrats on your surgery. How did it go for you?

Surgery went very well, on my 4th day out and doing great, have been out several times already. No real pain to speak of but I have had major surgeries in the past, so this was a piece of cake comparably.