Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Thanks!! and you are very welcome hon! I wonder what they are gonna ask as the psyche eval? Hopefully they don't think I'm crazy or anything.. or hopefully they can't tell I am..:der: :smilielol5:

Thanks!! and you are very welcome hon! I wonder what they are gonna ask as the psyche eval? Hopefully they don't think I'm crazy or anything.. or hopefully they can't tell I am..:der: :smilielol5:

My psych eval was super easy. Just lots of questions about my weight history, family history, do I know the risks of surgery, how long have I thought about getting surgery, what else have I tried, does my family/friends know (basically do I have a support system). Although I've heard others who have had to do 300 question written evals where they ask you the same questions a million different ways to see if you change your answer kinda thing. Hopefully yours is just a simple sit down with the psychologist like mine was!!

Hello

I'm set to have my band done on the 25th of Jan. I was wondering how you set up your charts that I see on your posts.

You mean that ticker thing hon? If so, just click on mine.. and it will take you to the site and I think go the homepage I think to start from the beginning. SOmething like that..I had to kinda click around to figure it out...but you want the like BMI tracker I think... then once it's set up... you create a pin and it will give you the codes to put in your profile under "your signature" or change your signature.. something like that.. and I just copied and pasted it. DOes that make sense?? I'm not very good at explaning technical stuff..lol the other part of it I just typed in myself underneath...the dates and such.. HOpe that helps hon! Let meknow

Hello

I'm set to have my band done on the 25th of Jan. I was wondering how you set up your charts that I see on your posts.

and congrats on the surgery date hon!

My psych eval was super easy. Just lots of questions about my weight history, family history, do I know the risks of surgery, how long have I thought about getting surgery, what else have I tried, does my family/friends know (basically do I have a support system). Although I've heard others who have had to do 300 question written evals where they ask you the same questions a million different ways to see if you change your answer kinda thing. Hopefully yours is just a simple sit down with the psychologist like mine was!!

Oh that doesn't sound bad.. I'm going to assume that since everything went so quickly from first appt to surgery that the psych things will go pretty quick too. I've only told like 3 of my friends.. I'm not telling anyone else.. and my family is really just my p's...and they'll never know...they are just not that nice..lol but we've never been a close family(plus every time I see them they ask me when I'm gonna lose weight and say that I look like a fat scrub woman.. so F**K them! LOL).. I've never been one to tell them anything.. so I hope that's okay with the psychiatrist..I consider this board support so hopefully he will too..

Oh that doesn't sound bad.. I'm going to assume that since everything went so quickly from first appt to surgery that the psych things will go pretty quick too. I've only told like 3 of my friends.. I'm not telling anyone else.. and my family is really just my p's...and they'll never know...they are just not that nice..lol but we've never been a close family(plus every time I see them they ask me when I'm gonna lose weight and say that I look like a fat scrub woman.. so F**K them! LOL).. I've never been one to tell them anything.. so I hope that's okay with the psychiatrist..I consider this board support so hopefully he will too..

Yep not bad at all! I haven't really told anyone either, just my mom and my 2 close friends. I figure once I'm approved, have the surgery and the pounds start dropping then I'll tell people if they ask. I couldn't agree with you more about this board! I'ts been such a huge help and the people on here are great!!

Yep not bad at all! I haven't really told anyone either, just my mom and my 2 close friends. I figure once I'm approved, have the surgery and the pounds start dropping then I'll tell people if they ask. I couldn't agree with you more about this board! I'ts been such a huge help and the people on here are great!!

Seriously!! Without this board and the obesityhelp one.. I would have never known that it was even possible that I could get lap banded.. I used to talk about it all the time wanting to get it..but never thought it would have been possible! This board has been a huge help!

Hey, do you know the cheapest place to get the Aktins RTD shakes? I saw a thingie of 8 on Amazon for like $9.63 or something like that.. that's the cheapest I have found..do you think it's cheaper anywhere else? Walmart and Target don't give prices via the internet.. but I don't feel like driving from store to store wasting gas to find out the cheapest prices

Seriously!! Without this board and the obesityhelp one.. I would have never known that it was even possible that I could get lap banded.. I used to talk about it all the time wanting to get it..but never thought it would have been possible! This board has been a huge help!

Hey, do you know the cheapest place to get the Aktins RTD shakes? I saw a thingie of 8 on Amazon for like $9.63 or something like that.. that's the cheapest I have found..do you think it's cheaper anywhere else? Walmart and Target don't give prices via the internet.. but I don't feel like driving from store to store wasting gas to find out the cheapest prices

Oh wow that's really cheap! I just looked online and couldn't find it cheaper than that for an 8 pack. Sounds like a good deal!

Oh wow that's really cheap! I just looked online and couldn't find it cheaper than that for an 8 pack. Sounds like a good deal!

Okay cool! And also on Amazon.. if you sign up for their subscription service.. you get an extra 15% off of that.. and you can pick to have it delievered from 1 to every 6 months so it's even cheaper.

There's another site like that has the 4 per each case thing... and you get 6 of those.. so like 24 for like $17 but it's expired in like Aug of 2009 but they guarantee it's fresh.. or your money back..what do you think?? you know anyone who's ever bought closeouts like that?

Nally,

OMG, you are cracking me up. A fat fighter pilot! LOLOLOL Yeah, supposedly my nose is small, too. I fit between petite and small. WTH, why do I have petite nostril and not a petite body!? A lot of good petite nostrils do a woman!

My husband thinks it is funny that I have this mask...I think he is just so darned happy that I'm not snoring like Fred Flintstone anymore!

Oh the GLAMOROUS LIFE!

P

@justplaintired – I would love to tell you that I'm used to it and that I wear it without fail every night but in reality I am horrible about wearing it. I have a tiny nose (so they say) and am a mouth breather so I have to use the full face mask. Let me tell you it's a good thing I'm single because that thing is so not sexy to wear to bed LoL!! I look like a fat fighter pilot!! LoL I have been better about it since I started this process but I still don't wear it every night.

@chimboree26 – Yay!! That's great you're going to Dr Halmi too!! I don't have a surgery date yet since I don't have everything submitted for approval yet but I will most likely be around the end of February as well from what I'm told. Good luck with your surgery!!

@kloee - My surgeon offers both the Realize and the Lap-Band. My surgeon prefers the Lap-Band though so that is what I went with.

Smokey,

I'm glad you are staying with us...you can be the first and fill us all in on what to expect!

So, you are all approved and done? That is fantastic.

CONGRATULATIONS!

P

Well I had my medical clearance appt and everything went well! LIke seriously, we spend more time me telling him and us talking about my "story" lol(spending 18 years with a psychopath kinda makes for interesting converstation..lol) But he was really nice. When you go there.. you fill out another information sheet.. then you get weighed...the nurse checks you in... gets everything up on the puter.. the nurse is actually the one(at least where I'm going) who calls you to tells you about the insurance clearance and schedules the surgery. After she checked me in...the dr. came in... he asked me a bunch of questions.. about my medications, concerns, medical problems, etc.. as he goes through everything he types stuff in the computer... he went over all of my blood tests and ekg with me... listened to my breathing... oh yah, the nurse took my blood pressure...and that's really it... like I said, we spent more time talking about my past..lol when we came out the nurse was wondering what was taking so long..LMAO!! And guess what....

WE SCHEDULED MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!! It's scheduled for the last Friday in Jan...the 28th.. :fruitsex: :cheers2: :party: I'm so excited!! I'm still gonna stay in this group..it's close to February..:D Like I'm so excited... Seriously, I went to the info session on Dec. 13th.. I had my first appointment on Jan. 3rd which was the first day they had appts from our info session...I was like the 3rd appt of the day.. and my surgery will be 25 days after.. too cool! I'm supposed to start the liquid diet on the 14th..but I'm going out that night..so I'll start it the next day.. well, at least the most part of everything I have that day will be liquid! :cheers2: LOL So Thursday is my group session... it's a 3-in-1 deal A nutrition class, an exercise class and some other class..I don't remember. The 19th is my psyche eval and then my meeting with the surgeon before the Sx is the 24th.. I'm so excited!!! Yah me!:dita:

Smokey,

I'm glad you are staying with us...you can be the first and fill us all in on what to expect!

So, you are all approved and done? That is fantastic.

CONGRATULATIONS!

P

Me too! Yep I can fill you guys in! I'm all approved and almost done.. the last important things are the group session today.. the psych eval next week and the meeting with the surgeon a few days before... Not looking forward to that liquid diet though..lol