Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Im so jealous. I've been on Clear liquids with 2 slim fast shakes, 3 no fat no nothing dairy options. ummm veggies :-) And the bummer is I'm still waiting for my surgery date, I go friday.

My surgery is scheduled for February 11th too! I start my pre-op diet on January 20th...this will consist of four Optifast shakes a day and all of the green veggies I want - which totals about 900 calories a day. It is the only thing I'm really nervous about!

I'm so looking forward to this next chapter in my life. I'm going to be able to do so much more!

Kristy

Thank you!! LoL that's why I originally went and did the sleep study...people complained about my snoring haha. Good luck with your Medical Clearance appt tomorrow. I have mine on the 13th with my PCP. They are making me do all my pre-op testing before they will write my clearance letter...I seem to be the only one who has had to do this though and my surgeon's office didn't get it either. I'll be interested to see what yours is like!

LOL Yah, I've heard some complaints about my snoring..lol but hopefully that will be gone soon! Thanks! I'm excited about my medical clearance appt. tomorrow! It was supposed to be last week but the dr had to cancel and reschedule. They called me a little bit ago to confirm..I asked them what happens tomorrow and she said that they'll go over my ekg and lap test results and then after that they send the results to someone who will go over the results and call me to schedule a surgery date..so hopefully all will go well. I'll let you know exactly how is goes tomorrow!

Im so jealous. I've been on Clear Liquids with 2 slim fast shakes, 3 no fat no nothing dairy options. ummm veggies :-) And the bummer is I'm still waiting for my surgery date, I go friday.

Wow that sucks! How long have you been on your liquid diet? I would only have to be on it 2 weeks before surgery.

What band are you girls going with?

Nally,

So, are you telling me that you are still not used to the Star Wars Torture Device (aka CPAP) and you've had it since June? Dear Lord, will I EVER get a good night's sleep!?!

This CPAP is absolutely incentive for me to work very hard with my band to lose weight. I will be crushed if, when I lose weight, I still need this thing.

What kind of mask do you I have. I first off had the nose mask (not a mouth breather) and I switched to the "nasal pillow" type. I like that my face is less covered now but I still find it hard to breathe!

HATE IT!

I hate the cpap too. Hopefully losing weight means no more cpap!! :)

Hey I'm just waiting on approval so hopefully I will be banded in Feb, If not it will be early March

WELCOME, to you and everyone else who is hoping to be banded in February!

What amazes me is how differently each insurance carrier handles the approval process, how different each surgeon is with their dietary rules pre and post op, and how PCPs handle things so differently, also.

In fact, I read on these boards that even the psych evals are all different. My eval was about 20 minutes of chatting with a psychologist and she cleared me then and there. Then I read that some others had two hour long psych exams.

My PCP has been my doc for 5 yrs. He knew from the past that I was interested in this surgery. He supports my decision to get the surgery.

I hope we all have much success in this process.

Also, do any of you blog? I started a blog on this site; the one that you can get to from my name on the left. It is my first time I've ever blogged anywhere so it isn't fancy or pretty. ;)

Hi Everyone! I was originally supposed to be a January bandster but apparently I'm not done jumping through insurance hoops yet! I've finished my 6 month nutrition classes needed for insurance, my psych eval and my sleep study. Now I just need my PCP to write my medical clearance...which they are dragging their feet on...then everything can be submitted to insurance. Fingers crossed I'll be getting banded in February!!

Good Luck to everyone!! :D

Hey Nally! I'm being re-banded by Dr. Halmi on 2/23/11!!! YAY! Dr. Halmi and Dr. Tran put my original band in and I can't wait to get re-banded. Maybe I'll see you at the office one of these days.

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

Yep, I'm scheduled for 2/23/11 and I can't wait. I'm being re-banded. Oh how I've missed my little Bandolina...that's my band's name. lol.

@justplaintired – I would love to tell you that I'm used to it and that I wear it without fail every night but in reality I am horrible about wearing it. I have a tiny nose (so they say) and am a mouth breather so I have to use the full face mask. Let me tell you it's a good thing I'm single because that thing is so not sexy to wear to bed LoL!! I look like a fat fighter pilot!! LoL I have been better about it since I started this process but I still don't wear it every night.

@chimboree26 – Yay!! That's great you're going to Dr Halmi too!! I don't have a surgery date yet since I don't have everything submitted for approval yet but I will most likely be around the end of February as well from what I'm told. Good luck with your surgery!!

@kloee - My surgeon offers both the Realize and the Lap-Band. My surgeon prefers the Lap-Band though so that is what I went with.

my surgeon does to i was heading toward the realize band then i went with the lap band don't really know why, both are about the same except the port i guess.

Thank you!! LoL that's why I originally went and did the sleep study...people complained about my snoring haha. Good luck with your Medical Clearance appt tomorrow. I have mine on the 13th with my PCP. They are making me do all my pre-op testing before they will write my clearance letter...I seem to be the only one who has had to do this though and my surgeon's office didn't get it either. I'll be interested to see what yours is like!

Well I had my medical clearance appt and everything went well! LIke seriously, we spend more time me telling him and us talking about my "story" lol(spending 18 years with a psychopath kinda makes for interesting converstation..lol) But he was really nice. When you go there.. you fill out another information sheet.. then you get weighed...the nurse checks you in... gets everything up on the puter.. the nurse is actually the one(at least where I'm going) who calls you to tells you about the insurance clearance and schedules the surgery. After she checked me in...the dr. came in... he asked me a bunch of questions.. about my medications, concerns, medical problems, etc.. as he goes through everything he types stuff in the computer... he went over all of my blood tests and ekg with me... listened to my breathing... oh yah, the nurse took my blood pressure...and that's really it... like I said, we spent more time talking about my past..lol when we came out the nurse was wondering what was taking so long..LMAO!! And guess what....

WE SCHEDULED MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!! It's scheduled for the last Friday in Jan...the 28th.. :fruitsex: :cheers2: :party: I'm so excited!! I'm still gonna stay in this group..it's close to February..:D Like I'm so excited... Seriously, I went to the info session on Dec. 13th.. I had my first appointment on Jan. 3rd which was the first day they had appts from our info session...I was like the 3rd appt of the day.. and my surgery will be 25 days after.. too cool! I'm supposed to start the liquid diet on the 14th..but I'm going out that night..so I'll start it the next day.. well, at least the most part of everything I have that day will be liquid! :cheers2: LOL So Thursday is my group session... it's a 3-in-1 deal A nutrition class, an exercise class and some other class..I don't remember. The 19th is my psyche eval and then my meeting with the surgeon before the Sx is the 24th.. I'm so excited!!! Yah me!:dita:

Hi all! I kind of don't want to jinx myself, but based on the way things are going, I should be banded mid to late February. My doctors office has EVERYTHING. They are in the process of moving 4 blocks and that is taking 4 days so no one has been in contact with me since last week. I'm getting anxious. So, in the mean time I sit and twirl my thumbs :D

What band are you girls going with?

I'm going with the LapBand. At first I was going with a Realize, then they had the recall because of the ports, then many people were having troubles with the inner tube etc, etc. I also found more support with the LapBand.

Dora

WE SCHEDULED MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!! It's scheduled for the last Friday in Jan...the 28th.. :fruitsex: :cheers2: :party: I'm so excited!! I'm still gonna stay in this group..it's close to February..:D Like I'm so excited... Seriously, I went to the info session on Dec. 13th.. I had my first appointment on Jan. 3rd which was the first day they had appts from our info session...I was like the 3rd appt of the day.. and my surgery will be 25 days after.. too cool! I'm supposed to start the liquid diet on the 14th..but I'm going out that night..so I'll start it the next day.. well, at least the most part of everything I have that day will be liquid! :cheers2: LOL So Thursday is my group session... it's a 3-in-1 deal A nutrition class, an exercise class and some other class..I don't remember. The 19th is my psyche eval and then my meeting with the surgeon before the Sx is the 24th.. I'm so excited!!! Yah me!:dita:

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats on your surgery date and thank you for all the great information!! :D